Difference between revisions of "List of PC games with features removed compared to their console versions"
(PC version of FFIX was ported from the mobile remaster. The same version was also used for all subsequent releases of the game.)
|Line 129:||Line 129:|
* [[Forza Horizon 3]] - No [[HDR]] support.
* [[Forza Horizon 3]] - No [[HDR]] support.
* [[G-Force]] - No 3D support.
* [[G-Force]] - No 3D support.
* [[Just Cause 4]] - No [[HDR]] support.
* [[Just Cause 4]] - No [[HDR]] support.
* [[Maneater]] - No [[HDR]] or Ray tracing support.
* [[Maneater]] - No [[HDR]] or Ray tracing support.
Revision as of 12:41, 27 January 2023
This list's purpose is to compile major features, content, and changes that are not included in the PC versions of certain games, even though they are present in the console versions.
As the title suggests, this article only covers games that have had features removed and, as such, some simple rules must be followed when editing: only titles that had content removed during the porting process to PC are eligible for this list; listing content added to console-only version(s) of a game released after the PC port of the original title should be avoided (e.g. Devil May Cry V: Special Edition's new content); content exclusive to version(s) of a game that are not comparable to the PC release (e.g. Game Boy Advance content, when the PC port of the game is based on the home console version) does not concern this article.
This list concerns native support, and will still list games even if they have mods to restore these features.
Multiple things missing
- Bejeweled 2 - Missing achievements, online leaderboards, and lacks a 16:9 option compared to the Xbox Live version.
- Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils - Missing improvements from the console versions.
- Burnout Paradise - Missing updates, and missing Cops 'n Robbers, and Big Surf Island DLC.
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Missing foliage animation and the Solid Snake outfit from the console versions.
- Cave Story+ - Missing the Switch-exclusive local multiplayer mode, Sand Pit mode, two alternate soundtracks, as well as graphical enhancements.
- Crazy Taxi - Missing original arcade/Dreamcast music and multiplayer mode from the PSP version.
- Dangerous Driving - No HDR support, leaderboards, or achievements.
- Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - Missing Soft Engine, enhanced particle effects, various online modes, and the extra stages added in the PS4/Xbox One versions.
- Diablo 3 - No local multiplayer, controller support, or Zelda-themed cosmetics from the Switch version.
- Disgaea PC - Missing HD character sprites, auto-battle, & DS-exclusive bonus content.
- Doom I Enhanced - Missing surround sound, achievements, online leaderboards and multiplayer support from the Xbox Live Arcade version.
- Driver: San Francisco - No split-screen support and missing orange filter from the console versions.
- FlatOut 2 - No split-screen support, and missing two songs only present in the Xbox release, Nine Black Alps - Cosmopolitan, and AFI - Rabbits Are Roadkill On Rt. 37.
- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved - Missing retro game style, achievements, and online leaderboards from the Xbox 360 version.
- Halo 2 - Missing the Blastacular map pack DLC & split-screen support.
- The House in Fata Morgana - Missing the "Reincarnation" sequel story & "other additional short stories" from the console versions.
- Islanders - Missing six island types, new colors, added resources, and "more" from the console versions.
- Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights - Missing widescreen and split-screen support.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition - Missing Mario-themed content pack from the Nintendo console versions, Skin Packs 4, 5, and 6 from the Xbox versions, and the Birthday skin packs.
- Monster Jam - No split-screen support (even though the box and Steam page claimed it had support), shadows, or shading.
- Need for Speed: Carbon - No split-screen or widescreen support, and missing DLC.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted - No split-screen or widescreen support.
- NiGHTS into Dreams - Missing playable Sonic the Hedgehog and two-player mode.
- OneShot - Missing unidentified "collectible content and features" from the console versions.
- Pac-Man World Rally - Missing two-player modes from the console versions, along with 2 new playable characters and game modes exclusive to the PSP version.
- Rayman Legends - Missing the Wii U version's ability to take control of Murfy in certain levels, the Switch version's Kung Foot tournament mode, and some console-exclusive characters (all in one place on Switch).
- Rayman Raving Rabbids - Missing the Xbox 360 version's exclusive mini-games, as well as graphical enhancements.
- Red Faction - Missing bot and split-screen support for multiplayer.
- Resident Evil - Missing the Arrange Mode, Beginner Mode, and new items and enemies from the Director's Cut version.
- Saints Row 2 - Missing all updates and DLC.
- Screencheat - Missing some characters & the single-player mode from the Switch version.
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Missing the amiibo-exclusive fairies, Switch & Wii U co-op challenges, Custom Knight creator, Showdown cosmetics, the Kratos boss fight (& its items) from the PlayStation versions, and additional challenges centered around each character from the Nintendo console versions.
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Missing Metal Sonic & Death Egg Zone DLC, as well as console-exclusive characters like Banjo-Kazooie. Windows version is also missing online play support and Ryo Hazuki - Forklift Truck DLC.
- Sonic Adventure DX - Missing all DLC from the original Dreamcast version and unlockable Game Gear games from the GameCube version.
- Sonic Lost World - Missing Wii U-exclusive features such as two-player modes, Nintendo-themed DLC stages, bonus mini-games, etc.
- Split Second - Missing all the updates and DLC.
- Star Wars: Battlefront II - Missing Xbox-exclusive DLC and updates.
- Stranglehold - Missing controller support, an update, and the Map Pack DLC.
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Missing 3D Battle, 3D support, and Dynamic Mode from the 3DS version.
- The Matrix: Path of Neo Missing widescreen support and multiple graphical effects from the PlayStation 2 version.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Missing one mission exclusive from the PlayStation 2 version, and the Depth of Field effect from the Xbox version.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - Missing Depth of Field and Rain effects from the Xbox version.
- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - Missing visual effects — blood, hot, fractal noise, water drops from Lara—, camera rotation (360 degrees), analog controls, idle title screen, ending credits, etc.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - Missing split-screen support, two unlockable characters, and two Nintendo-exclusive levels.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - Missing one Xbox-exclusive skater and four levels found in the N64 & and Xbox versions.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 - Missing one skater and two levels exclusive to the PS1 version.
- TowerFall Ascension - Missing Madeline and Badeline from Celeste as playable characters alongside the six-player mode from the Switch version.
- Trouble Witches Origin - Episode1 Daughters of Amalgam - - Supposedly missing two new characters, new Magic Cards, and new mode(s) exclusive to the (at time of writing) Japan-only re-release on PS4 & Switch.
- Tsugunohi - Supposedly missing numerous additions, graphical enhancements, and the newly-translated eight film from the upcoming Switch version.
- Virtua Fighter PC - Missing Tournament Mode and Squeeze Display Mode from the 32X version.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum - Windows version is missing Joker challenge maps.
- Eragon - Missing Xbox 360-exclusive levels and boss battles.
- Rabbids Go Home - Only contains a quarter of the Wii version's mini-games.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - Only contains a quarter of the Wii version's mini-games.
- Spider-Man (2002) - Missing two Kraven levels exclusive to the Xbox version.
- Yakuza 4 Remastered - Missing the Pachinko mini-game.
- Yakuza 5 Remastered - Missing the Pachinko mini-game.
Missing game modes
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - Missing the VR mode from the PlayStation 4 version.
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath - Missing the Kane's Challenge mode from the Xbox 360 version.
- Hyper Light Drifter - Missing the Tower Mode (& its items) from the Switch version.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II - Missing multiple modes from the Xbox 360 version.
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Missing the Nemesis Mode from the Xbox 360 version.
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Missing the VR mode from the PlayStation 4 version.
- Resident Evil Village - Supposedly missing the VR mode from the upcoming PlayStation 5 version.
Missing multiplayer features
- Borderlands 3 - No split-screen support.
- Bully: Scholarship Edition - No local multiplayer mini-games.
- Call of Duty 2 - No split-screen support.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - No split-screen support.
- Call of Duty: World at War - No split-screen support.
- The Club - No split-screen support.
- Crash Time 5: Undercover - Missing online multiplayer
- Dark Sector - No online multiplayer.
- Disgaea 5 Complete - No online features.
- Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey - No local co-op multiplayer support.
- Disney Universe - Only allows 2 players instead of 4 players.
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - No online multiplayer.
- Fable 3 - No split-screen support.
- Far Cry 3 - No split-screen support.
- FlatOut - No split-screen support.
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - No split-screen support.
- Gears of War - No split-screen support.
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game - No online multiplayer.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - No local co-op multiplayer.
- Halo: Combat Evolved - No split-screen support.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection - No split-screen support.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - No multiplayer.
- Juiced - No split-screen support.
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - No split-screen support.
- L.A. Rush - No local multiplayer.
- Midnight Club II - No split-screen support.
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit II - No split-screen support.
- Need for Speed: Underground - No split-screen support.
- Need for Speed: Underground 2 - No split-screen support.
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - No local and online multiplayer.
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition - No local multiplayer.
- Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 - No local multiplayer co-op.
- Peggle - No online multiplayer.
- Rayman M - Only has 2-player split-screen instead of 4-player.
- Sonic Riders - Only allows 2 players instead of 4 players.
- Sunset Overdrive - Missing multiplayer.
- Surgeon Simulator - No local co-op multiplayer.
- Marvel's Avengers - Spider-Man, who is only in the PlayStation versions.
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2016) - Some characters and missions that were only in the PSP version.
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Thor, Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Storm, Blade, Cyclops, & Sentry as characters, & Songbird as a boss. This content is only available on a combination of the PS2, PSP, Wii, or DS versions depending on the character or boss.
- Mortal Kombat 4 - The Dreamcast-exclusive returning characters Kitana, Mileena, Cyrax, Kung Lao, Baraka, and Sektor.
- Mortal Kombat (2011) - Kratos, who is only in the PlayStation versions.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited - Mario & Zelda characters, who are only in the Wii U & Switch versions.
- Super Bomberman R - Console-exclusive characters, who are different for each version.
- Super Meat Boy - Gish, Spelunky, Pink Knight, and The Ninja are only in the console versions. (The Switch version lacks Pink Knight and Gish).
- Street Fighter X Tekken - Cole MacGrath, Toro Inoue & Kuro, Pac-Man in a Mokujin-style mech, and "bad box art" Mega Man, who are only in the PlayStation versions.
Missing graphical features
- Cricket 07 - No widescreen support.
- Disneyland Adventures - No HDR support.
- Forza Horizon 3 - No HDR support.
- G-Force - No 3D support.
- Just Cause 4 - No HDR support.
- Maneater - No HDR or Ray tracing support.
- A Plague Tale: Innocence - No HDR support.
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - No widescreen support.
- Tony Hawk's Underground - No widescreen support.
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - No widescreen support.
Missing control features
- Mega Man X5 - No controller vibration support.
- Ultimate Spider-Man - No controller vibration support.
- Batman: Vengeance - Missing Dolby Digital support.
- Call of Duty: WWII - No Latin American Spanish translation (unlike the console versions).
- Driver: Parallel Lines - Missing some tracks from the PS2/Xbox versions.
- Ice Age 2: The Meltdown - Missing Dolby Pro Logic II support from the PS2/GCN/Wii versions and Dolby Digital from the Xbox version.
- Metal Gear Solid: Integral - Missing Spanish translation and some tracks from the PlayStation version.
- Rayman - Missing some of the OST tracks from the console versions.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus - Missing Dolby Pro Logic II support from the PS2/GCN versions and Dolby Digital from the Xbox version.
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - Missing Dolby Pro Logic II support from the PS2/GCN versions and Dolby Digital from the Xbox/Xbox 360 versions.
Missing bonus material
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Will be missing the Young Explorers Mode from the new Switch version.
- Astro Duel - Missing Switch-exclusive content and features.
- Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - Missing Shovel Knight amiibo-exclusive boss fight from the Switch & 3DS versions and the special items obtained from it.
- Balan Wonderworld - Missing console-exclusive themed hats obtained from playing the demo on those platforms (before it was removed).
- Bayonetta - Missing 4 Nintendo-themed costumes and the Master Sword (from the Legend of Zelda series) from the Switch & Wii U versions.
- Chrono Trigger - Missing the Arena of the Ages from the DS version.
- Cyber Shadow - Missing amiibo-exclusive unlockable fairy companions from the Switch version.
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout - Missing the Retro Shark costume from the PS4 version, though you can use it on PC through account linking.
- Hogwarts Legacy - Supposedly missing the PlayStation-exclusive quest and the Felix Felicis potion recipe (PS-only pre-order bonus).
- Lego City Undercover - Missing Mario-themed overworld content from the Switch & Wii U versions.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Missing amiibo-exclusive unlockable items from the Switch version.
- OMORI - Missing console-exclusive bonus content.
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Missing unlockable Prince of Persia (1989).
- Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - Missing 3 GameCube-exclusive unlockable bonus mini-games.
- Rayman Origins - Missing touchscreen collectibles from the PS Vita version.
- Resident Evil 4 (2023) - Supposedly missing the "Playstation VR2 content."
- Rocket League - Missing 3 Nintendo-themed cars from the Switch version.
- Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon - Missing amiibo-exclusive unlockable fairy companions from the Switch version.
- Sonic Generations - Missing unlockable Sonic the Hedgehog (1991).
- Spirit of the North - Missing four console-exclusive pelt colors (two for both the PS5 and Xbox Series X versions).
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Missing the Star Fox-themed content from the Switch version.
- Super Animal Royale - Missing console-themed cosmetics from the PlayStation and Xbox versions, which are not usable on other platforms.
Missing ability to buy DLC
- 007: Quantum of Solace - Missing Camille Map Pack DLC.
- Batman: Arkham Knight - Missing PS4-exclusive DLCs.
- Batman: Arkham Origins - Missing PS3-exclusive Knightfall Pack DLC.
- BioShock - Missing Challenge Rooms DLC.
- Dead Rising 3 - Missing Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + α DLC.
- Dead Space 2 - Missing Severed DLC and the Outbreak multiplayer maps package.
- Death Track: Resurrection - Missing Hari 108 vehicle DLC.
- FlatOut 4: Total Insanity - Missing Docks and Roll DLC
- Heavy Rain - Missing Taxidermist DLC available on PS3 but not PS4.
- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - Missing the Total Payback content update and the Blow It Up Again DLC Pack.
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Missing all DLC.
- Need for Speed: ProStreet - Missing all DLC.
- Need for Speed: Shift - Missing all DLC.
- Need for Speed: The Run - Missing the Italian Pack and Heroes and Villains Pack DLCs, with the Supercars Pack locked away in the game files.
- Need for Speed: Undercover - Missing all DLC.
- Prince of Persia (2008) - Missing Epilogue DLC.
- Spider-Man 3 - Missing New Green Goblin DLC.
- Prototype 2 - Missing several DLCs.
- Ridge Racer Unbounded - Royal Purple Exclusive Skin can't be purchased for the PC version.
- Sonic Adventure 2 - Missing all DLC from the original Dreamcast version.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Missing all DLC.
- TimeShift - Missing the Urban ReDuel Multiplayer Map Pack and Futures-Past Multiplayer Map Pack DLCs.
- Tomb Raider: Underworld - Missing all DLC.
- WWE 2K15 - Missing Paige DLC.
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Missing DLCs.