From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Poland||Licomp Empik Multimedia|
|Windows||December 14, 2001|
|Genres||Platform, Racing, Shooter, Party game|
|⤏ Go to series page|
|Rayman By His Fans||1998|
|Rayman 60 Levels||1999|
|Rayman 2: The Great Escape||1999|
|Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc||2003|
|Rayman Jungle Run||2013|
|Rayman Fiesta Run||2014|
|Rayman Redemption (Unofficial)||2020|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
- Released as Rayman Arena in North America.
- Based on the original PS2 version.
|Retail||Rayman M original retail version.|
|Retail||Rayman Arena original retail version. Has SafeDisc v2 DRM[Note 1].|
|Retail||10th Anniversary, also includes Rayman 2: The Great Escape and Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc.|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- This game is not available digitally.
- Rayman M menu files patch download.
- Extract and replace the original files on
<path-to-game>to install it.
- Some re-released versions of Rayman M shipped out with earlier versions of the game's menu assets which can corrupt save files after saving over a certain amount of times.
- Note that the North American Rayman Arena releases do not contain this bug and should not be patched.
Skip intro videos
|Skip startup Ubisoft logo and the Intro|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See Widescreen resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use DxWnd.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse sensitivity||3 sensitivity levels.|
|Mouse input in menus||Cannot be entirely navigated with a keyboard.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Labelled as Reverse.|
|Controller support||Use Rayman 3 Input Fix on modern systems. Note that this was originally meant for Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc, but is also mostly compatible with Rayman M & Arena. Unfortunately, haptic feedback support is broken and vibrates infinitely after performing an action unless the game is paused and the realign camera key cannot be remapped.|
|Full controller support||Main Menu cannot be navigated with a controller.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Labelled as Reverse.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts|
|Light bar support|
|Haptic feedback||On by default, no apparent way to disable it.|
|Separate volume controls||Music and Sound Effects.|
|Mute on focus lost|
- The Danish, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian and Swedish languages are only included in Rayman M.
- The Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Hebrew, Hungarian, and Polish languages are only included in the retail versions of Rayman M which were released in their own respective regions.
Menu music randomly plays incorrectly after transitioning from title screen
- This occurs if you press start on the title screen at a certain time when the title screen music plays, which makes the game load the menu track, but transitions incorrectly thus corrupting the playback. There is currently no known explanation as to why this occurs. The only workaround is to wait around 2 seconds before pressing start or to quickly cycle through or reload the menu.
Install the game on modern operating systems (Retail)
- The retail game cannot be installed on 64-bit computers because the DRM in the installation disc is 16-bit.
|Use Rayman Control Panel|
|Use winevdm|
Up to 4 characters: including 1 to 3 AI (combat mode only)
Only in Rayman Arena.
|Direct3D||8||Rayman M uses 8.0a, Rayman Arena uses 8.1.|
- AI HD Texture Pack for Rayman M/Arena- This texture pack upscales the original textures 4 times with Fatality MKII to give the game a cleaner look.
|Operating system (OS)||98 SE||ME, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 450 MHz||Intel Pentium III 700 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||550 MB||1.3 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia RIVA TNT2 |
DirectX 8.0a compatible
|Nvidia GeForce 2
DirectX 8.1 compatible
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16