From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Poland||Licomp Empik Multimedia|
|Windows||December 14, 2001|
|Genres||Platform, Racing, Shooter, Party game|
|⤏ Go to series page|
|Rayman By His Fans||1998|
|Rayman 60 Levels||1999|
|Rayman 2: The Great Escape||1999|
|Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc||2003|
|Rayman Jungle Run||2013|
|Rayman Fiesta Run||2014|
|Rayman Redemption (Unofficial)||2020|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
- Running the game at frame rates higher than 60 may negatively affect gameplay.
- Released as Rayman Arena in North America.
- Based on the original PS2 version.
|Retail||Rayman M. Uses a simple disc check.|
|Retail||Rayman Arena original retail version. Has SafeDisc v2.51.021 DRM[Note 1].|
|Retail||10th Anniversary, also includes Rayman 2: The Great Escape and Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc.|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- This game is not available digitally.
- Rayman M menu files patch download.
- Extract and replace the original files on
<path-to-game>to install it.
- Some re-released versions of Rayman M shipped out with earlier versions of the game's menu assets which can corrupt save files after saving over a certain amount of times.
- Note that the North American Rayman Arena releases do not contain this bug and should not be patched.
- The PC version uses FMV files that are much more compressed compared to the console versions.
|Download and install PS2 FMVs|
Skip intro videos
|Skip startup Ubisoft logo and Intro|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See Widescreen resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use DxWnd.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|120+ FPS||Exceeding 60 FPS may cause gameplay issues.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Main Menu cannot be entirely navigated with a keyboard.|
|Mouse sensitivity||3 sensitivity levels.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Labelled as Reverse.|
|Controller support||Use Rayman 3 Input Fix on modern systems. Note that this was originally meant for Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc, but is also mostly compatible with Rayman M & Arena. Unfortunately, haptic feedback support is broken and vibrates infinitely after performing an action unless the game is paused. For a better XInput-specific workaround, see Controller support.|
|Full controller support||Main Menu cannot be navigated with a controller.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Labelled as Reverse.|
|XInput-compatible controllers||The game does not work with XInput controllers on modern systems. See Controller support for a workaround.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts|
|Light bar support|
|Haptic feedback||Enabled by default in Rayman Arena. Rayman M has it disabled, but can be re-enabled by importing a save file created from Rayman Arena.|
- Xidi can translate XInput calls into DirectInput, restore haptic feedback support, and enable controller hotplugging for this game.
- Xidi only supports Windows 10 and 11.
- For Windows 7 check out this fix
|Launch the game by using Xidi|
|Separate volume controls||Music and Sound Effects.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Danish||Only in Rayman M.|
|Finnish||Only in Rayman M.|
|German||Only in Rayman M.|
|Italian||Only in Rayman M.|
|Norwegian||Only in Rayman M.|
|Swedish||Only in Rayman M.|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Local retail only.|
|Czech||Local retail only.|
|Hebrew||Local retail only.|
|Hungarian||Local retail only.|
|Polish||Local retail only.|
Install the game on modern operating systems (Retail)
- The retail game discs cannot be installed on 64-bit computers because the installer is a 16-bit application.
|Use Rayman Control Panel|
|Use winevdm|
Game elements stutter or run too fast
- Rayman M and Rayman Arena might run at 64 FPS on some systems by default. Frame rates above 60 FPS can cause various issues, e.g. some animations play out too fast or stutter, certain platforms disappear more quickly, etc.
|Limit frame rate to 60 FPS.|
|Use a DirectX 8 wrapper such as d3d8to9 or dgVoodoo 2 and set monitor refresh rate to 60 Hz.|
Menu music randomly plays incorrectly after transitioning from title screen
- This occurs if you press start on the title screen at a certain time when the title screen music plays, which makes the game load the menu track, but transitions incorrectly thus corrupting the playback.
Use DirectSound 3D restoration software
"Please run the DX8 setup." error on startup
|Use dgVoodoo (copy MS\x86\d3d8.dll and D3DImm.dll to your game folder) and run the game as admin with XP SP2 compatibility mode|
Up to 4 characters: including 1 to 3 AI (combat mode only)
Only in Rayman Arena.
- If you want to play Rayman Arena using e.g. Radmin VPN or Hamachi, you need zZeck's RaymanArenaPatch which fixes detecting multiple network adapters.
|Direct3D||8||Rayman M uses 8.0a, Rayman Arena uses 8.1.|
- AI HD Texture Pack for Rayman M/Arena- This texture pack upscales the original textures 4 times with Fatality MKII to give the game a cleaner look.
|Operating system (OS)||98 SE||ME, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 450 MHz||Intel Pentium III 700 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||550 MB||1.3 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia RIVA TNT2 |
DirectX 8.0a compatible
|Nvidia GeForce 2
DirectX 8.1 compatible
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 or Windows 11 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Verified by User:Icup321 on 2021-11-04
- Tested these FMVs, all of which are higher quality than the stock PC FMV files.
- Xidi: DirectInput interface for XInput controllers - Github - last accessed on 2022-02-05
- Verified by User:icup321 on 2022-02-04
- Tested with Xidi v4.0.0 using an Xbox 360 controller.
- Verified by User:icup321 on 2021-10