|Windows||May 15, 2012|
|macOS (OS X)||May 15, 2012|
|Diablo II: Resurrected||2021|
- This game requires a constant internet connection for all game modes.
- Continues to receive frequent content, balance, and quality-of-life updates, including live service features like Seasons.
- Earlier physical copies of the game advertise an Auction House; this was permanently closed in early 2014 due to negative player feedback and developer review.
- Official expansion website
- Official community website
- Official forums
- Diablo Wiki - A wiki for everything Diablo related
- /r/diablo Subreddit
DLC and expansion packs
- Some regions have in-game micro-transactions (not listed below).
|Diablo III: Reaper of Souls||Can be bought from the Battle.net store.|
|Diablo III: Necromancer DLC||Can be bought from the Battle.net store.|
The Diablo III Starter Edition provides players the ability to try out a free version of Diablo III, with several limitations:
- Players cannot progress past the Skeleton King, midway through Act I.
- The level cap is 13 as opposed to 60 (70 in the expansion).
- Matchmaking is available only with other Starter Edition players, including public matching and private invitations.
- Global Play is not available. Players attempting to connect to the Starter Edition in a region other than their Battle.net account's home region will receive an Error 12.
Configuration file(s) location
|macOS (OS X)||~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/D3Prefs.txt|
- Save games are stored on the Battle.net servers.
|Widescreen resolution||Includes a Letterbox option to force 16:9 resolution regardless of aspect ratio.|
|Multi-monitor||See the WSGF entry or use Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen Fixer.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Change display mode to "Windowed (Fullscreen)" in-game.|
|4K Ultra HD|| May require
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Change display mode to "Windowed (Fullscreen)" in-game.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||64-bit client includes options for multisampling from 2x up to 8xMSAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||With the release of update v2.4.3 (which added 64bit & DirectX 11 support and "Improved support for 60Hz+ monitors"), the game will properly support frame rates in excess of 60FPS. |
|Color blind mode||Icons to help distinguish between legendary and set items can be toggled on/off.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Tracked motion controllers||Razer Hydra works with Sixense MotionCreator bundled profile.|
|Separate volume controls||Master, SFX, voice, ambience, music|
|Surround sound||4.0-7.1, Pro Logic|
|Subtitles||Available for cinematic and quest dialogues.|
|Mute on focus lost||Can be toggled in options menu.|
|English||US, EU, and SEA|
|Simplified Chinese||Not available outside of Mainland China.|
|Latin American Spanish|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|TCP||80, 1119, 6881-6999|
|UDP||1119, 6120, 6881-6999|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
|Nvidia 3D Vision||See Helix Mod: Diablo III.|
Officially supported game, see official vorpx game list.
Game client window becomes unresponsive when a dialog box is opened in the background.
Video Card Not Supported
You may receive the error message:
- We have detected that your video card is not supported by Diablo III.
Diablo III will block certain systems running the game if it does not detect a certain spec of video card. However, it is possible to force the game to run on any video card (even if it does not meet the minimum specification of the game).
This fix has been acknowledged by Blizzard, but comes with its own warning from Omrakos:
- ...if you decide to do this and have terrible performance as expected, please do not contact us reporting it. We know the unsupported cards aren't going to perform well and there's nothing we'll be able to do to remedy it.
Method 1 - Press Escape
|Method 1 - Press Escape|
Method 2 - Edit D3Prefs.txt
|Method 2 - Edit D3Prefs.txt|
Method 3 - Swiftshader
|Method - Swiftshader|
Using the program Swiftshader can successfully load the game even on extremely low powered machines. For example, the game can be run on integrated graphics as low powered as the Intel G41, albeit at extremely low frame rate.
High DPI Setting
By default, it appears as if Diablo III has a number of issues with high or custom DPI settings in Windows.
This can result in:
- Mouse cursor not being moveable whilst in fullscreen mode.
- Mouse being imprecise on the screen.
- Taskbar showing over the game window.
|High DPI Setting fix|
These messages may appear when trying to log in.
This means that no license is attached to the Battle.net account, a problem with many users in Asia. Check this thread for more information.
This message means that the login servers are at full capacity. Official advice is to try logging in later when the servers are less busy.
|Error 37 workaround|
Error 75 means that Blizzard servers are down. Check Diablo III Server Status page for updates.
Can't Move Mouse In Fullscreen
This is most likely caused by high or custom DPI settings in Windows.
Method 1 - Compatibility
|Method 1 - Compatibility|
Method 2 - Edit D3Prefs.txt To Windowed
|Method - Edit D3Prefs.txt To Windowed|
No Diablo III License Attached
|Method - No Diablo III License Attached|
This error message may appear:
|This Battle.net account does not have a Diablo III License attached to it.
Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.
Problems with Steam overlay
|Problems with Steam overlay|
|Cinematics not playing or are missing from cinematics menu|
1. Go to
3. find the
4. Save and exit the file, and try again.
Change Client Language
Update 8 June 2012: Blizzard appear to have restricted client language switching. Errors 81, 82 or 84 displays: "The client does not match the accounts native language. Please, use the game native client." There is no known fix as of yet, as Blizzard controls the language restrictions from their servers.
Client language files can be adjusted from the options menu. Once the change is applied, a patch of approximately 3 GB is downloaded. Client language cannot be changed back until this download reaches the 'playable' state, and one re-enters the client to change the language option again.
Available languages are:
- English (United States)
- Spanish (Latin American)
- Chinese (Traditional)
"Updating game files" Issue
Some players are reporting the game getting stuck at installation in the "Updating game files" part.
Method 1 - Disable Anti-Virus Software
|Method - Disable Anti-Virus Software|
Method 2 - Connect Using Different Network Adapter
|Method - Connect Using Different Network Adapter|
The Blizzard Agent may be attempting to connect over the wrong network adaptor. The following steps may resolve your issue:
Method 3 - Delete/Modify Agent Files
|Method - Delete/Modify Agent Files|
Installation Stuck At 10%
If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present," the install won't proceed past 10%.
Installation Not Doing Anything
If the installation has yet to do anything you might need to make sure your secondary logon has been enabled. Do so by going through - Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services, right click Secondary Logon and proceed to enable it by setting the start up type to automatic.
Low frame rate (OS X)
|Low Frame Rate|
Can't ⌘ + Tab (OS X)
Check that you haven't enabled Caps Lock as that disables ⌘+Tab ↹, although ⌘+M still functions correctly.
Game freezes after entering the gameworld
Nvidia's Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing (MFAA) can cause this issue. MFAA is enabled if you "optimize" the game using Nvidia Geforce Experience.
|Disable MFAA in Nvidia Control Panel|
|Direct3D||9, 11||DirectX 11 added in Patch 2.4.3.|
|Windows||The 32-bit client is still available.|
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||7||8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
|Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||25 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT |
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
ATI Radeon HD 4870
- Support for Windows XP and Windows Vista was dropped at the end of 2017. The game no longer runs on these versions after this change. However some legacy versions still exist for these users.
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||10.8.x||10.9|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo||Intel Core i3|
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||25 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT |
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
|Nvidia GeForce GT 330M
ATI Radeon HD 5670
- The game does not support FileVault and FileVault 2 on OS X
- Auction House FAQ Updated - Diablo III
- Patch 2.2.0 Features and Data Mining - Forums - Diablo III
- Razer Hydra Control Profile – Diablo 3
- Tested by Andytizer.
- Fix by Andytizer.
- Fix by Andytizer.
- 2.4.3 PTR Patch Notes
- Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista - Diablo III Forums