From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Unreal Engine 3|
|Windows||September 18, 2007|
- Online servers have been shut down.
|Retail|| SecuROM 7 DRM disc check.
Polish and Hungarian copies uses SafeDisc v4.85 DRM[Note 1].
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- The Map Pack DLC and Collector's Edition were not released for PC.
- Although "Games for Windows" is printed on the case, the game does not use the Games for Windows Live service.
- Patch v1.1 updates the game to the latest version.
Skip intro videos
|Delete or rename files|
intro_Legal_Euro.bik intro_Legal_US.bik intro_Logo_Midway_HD.bik intro_Logo_Shared.bik intro_Logo_TigerHill_HD.bik intro_Logo_Unreal.bik intro_c0010_bink.bik
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|OneDrive||Requires enabling backup of the Documents folder in OneDrive on all computers.|
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Multi-monitor||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See Widescreen resolution. Interface elements are skewed and cinematics are pillarboxed.|
|4K Ultra HD||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||SGSSAA or OGSSAA bits = 0x000200C1|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Use Stranglehold HOR+ FOV fix to unlock all resolutions and adjust FOV (disable GoG Galaxy overlay first)|
|Set custom resolution and FOV (v1.0)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse sensitivity||Not accessible from the main menu.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Inversion options only available once campaign is loaded.|
- Y-axis mouse sensitivity is significantly lower than x-axis, and may need to be adjusted to compensate.
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Hungarian||Local retail only, available to download.|
How to play with the other languages of the game.
You have to start the game by clicking on a .bat file created with this code string "@Binaries\Retail-Stranglehold.exe -language=?" in the main folder of the game. In the place of the "?" you have to put an abbreviation of the country whose language you want, es. ita, eng, ger ecc. Before doing all this make sure that there are all the "Coalesced" files inside "
|Nvidia 3D Vision||See Helix Mod: Stranglehold.|
User created game profile, see important hints in the vorpx forum profile introduction.
|Operating system (OS)||XP SP2, Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||Dual Core|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||15 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 7800
ATI Radeon X1300
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Verified by User:Mars icecream on 2019-11
- Verified for the GOG version (1.1, 31068)
- Stranglehold - PC GOG release - Gameplay 3440x1440 with FOV mod - last accessed on 2019-11-29
- Stranglehold fix..
- Verified by User:Keith on 2019-11-29
- Stranglehold v1.0 | WSGF
- Stranglehold v1.1 | WSGF
- PC port quality of John Woo's "Stranglehold" - last accessed on 2019-11-29
- "Vertical sensitivity is significantly lower."
- Verified by User:Andytizer on 2019-11-29
- Raising y-axis mouse sensitivity to much higher than x-axis gave an adequate playing experience.