Tony Hawk's Underground 2
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||October 4, 2004|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
- Random Soundtrack options have always the same music order by default. Can be fixed with ClownJob'd or the ThirteenAG's Widescreen Fix.
- Port of the graphically superior Xbox version, as such missing PSP version's exclusive content.
- This game is not available digitally.
Skip intro videos
|Modify .bik files|
- The purpose of this mod is to add some bug fixes and features asked about in the community, all while being self-contained and not making changes to any loose files.
- Adds support for modern Windows, more resolutions and borderless windowed mode.
- Allows to use PS2 style controls and XInput controllers.
- Allows to play online via OpenSpy.
- Ported levels from the original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater through Tony Hawk's Project 8.
- More customization options in the Create-A-Skater creator.
- XInput support.
- Multiplayer enabled with Openspy.
- No single-player campaign or splitscreen support.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Use ClownJob'd or ThirteenAG's fix.|
|Multi-monitor||Use ClownJob'd or ThirteenAG's fix.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use ClownJob'd or ThirteenAG's fix.|
|4K Ultra HD||Use ClownJob'd.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use ClownJob'd.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS||Capped 60fps|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||DirectInput only. Use ClownJob'd for XInput support|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||Trigger split is not supported. Fixed using ClownJob'd.|
|Xbox button prompts||Shows button references, such as "K" which means kickflip.|
|Impulse Trigger vibration||Supported on ClownJob'd and THUG Pro.|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts|
|Light bar support|
|Connection modes||Wired, Bluetooth|
|Separate volume controls||Music and sound can be adjusted separately. Special sounds and music zones can either be enabled or disabled.|
|Surround sound||Uses center channel for sounds and front channels for music and cutscenes, other channels are barely used if at all.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio||The game uses licensed songs with no option to change to other songs|
|Polish||Local retail only. For other regional releases use this.|
Can only be selected in the main menu if a second controller is connected. Split-screen can be changed to horizontal or vertical.
|Online play||8||GameSpy services have been shut down; see GameSpy for workarounds.|
Buggy blur effect on Windows Vista and higher
- When using Windows Vista or higher, you will notice that if you use focus, use a teleporter, or be in the main menu, a weird blur bug will occur.
|Replace script files with patched ones|
|Operating system (OS)||98, ME, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 800 MHz
AMD Athlon 800 MHz
|Intel Pentium 4|
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||2.5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 32 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 9.0c compatible
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 or Windows 11 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Verified by User:Brownd on 2021-06-29
- Pricing | GameSpy Technology
- Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 Blur Bug - last accessed on May 2023