- physics effects.
Used by many games for Hardware acceleration is possible through Nvidia graphics cards in supported games.
For recent games install the NVIDIA PhysX System Software. For older games (~2008 and earlier, using versions 2.7.2 or <2.7.1) install the NVIDIA PhysX Legacy System Software.
If you are using an Nvidia graphics card some PhysX versions may be already included with the drivers.
PhysX v2.5.2 compatibility
- NVIDIA PhysX Legacy System Software does not include v2.5.2; this is known to affect Infernal and The Void but there may be other affected games. The
Secondary PhysX card with an AMD/ATI video card
Nvidia only allows a secondary Nvidia card to be used for PhysX if the primary card is also an Nvidia card.
- Windows 7 or Windows XP/Windows 2003 (Windows Vista will not work)
- AMD/ATI GPU used for your primary display
- NVIDIA GPU that support hardware accelerated PhysX (series 8 and newer, with a minimum of 32 cores and 256 MB of video memory)
Install necessary files|
- Install the GeForce driver 256 package. If needed install the latest NVIDIA PhysX System Software.
- Use the Hybrid PhysX mod to patch all needed files and registry values automatically.
- Windows XP/Server 2003: Extend the display assigned to NVIDIA GPU. Or make sure it is extended already.
- Optional: Use command line files to set a desired configuration.
- If you update PhysX System Software after using the mod, you should use it again to patch the updated PhysX files.
- It is safe to use the mod several times - all needed files will be patched only once.
- If you still have problems with fake displays and desktop extension, try to delete a fake display and create it again.
- To let the mod correctly patch all needed files on x64 versions of Windows XP/Windows 2003, install KB942589 hotfix first.
"The program cannot start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing from your computer" error at launch
Games prefer private own libraries to system ones
-  This only applies to pre-2.8.4 PhysX games
PhysXCore.dll, usually found in game executable directory