Batman: Arkham City
|macOS (OS X)||Feral Interactive|
|Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|OS X||Feral Interactive|
|Unreal Engine 3|
|Windows||November 22, 2011|
|macOS (OS X)||December 13, 2012|
|Genres||Action, Adventure, Open world|
|Subseries of Batman|
|Batman: Arkham Asylum||2009|
|Batman: Arkham City||2011|
|Batman: Arkham Origins||2013|
|Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate||2014|
|Batman: Arkham Knight||2015|
|Batman: Arkham VR||2017|
- Arkham Wiki
- Batman Wiki
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- OS X minisite
- Steam Community Discussions
|Retail||SecuROM 8 and SecuROM PA DRM. The standard edition has 2 DVD's while the Game of the Year edition has 3 DVD's.|
|Epic Games Store|| Game of the Year Edition.
DRM-free when launched directly from executable.
|Gamesplanet||Game of the Year Edition.|
|GOG.com||Game of the Year Edition.|
|Green Man Gaming||Game of the Year Edition.|
|Humble Store||Game of the Year Edition.|
|Origin||Game of the Year Edition.|
|Steam|| Game of the Year Edition.
Link for free demo:
|Developer website (unavailable)||Game of the Year Edition.|
|GamersGate (unavailable)||Game of the Year Edition.|
|Mac App Store (unavailable)||Game of the Year Edition.|
- The retail version activates on Steam.
- The non-Steam OS X version uses Feral Interactive's DRM which requires online activation on their website.
- The non-GOTY version upgrades to GOTY when activated on Steam.
Skip intro videos
|Delete or rename video files|
Fix for Catwoman's Quickfire Disarm key missing on keyboard
- Although it is possible to do Catwoman's "Quickfire Disarm" with a gamepad, this move is made unavailable with a keyboard after unlocking the Caltrops as the Quickfire Caltrops move (double tap "2") replaces the Quickfire Disarm (the only way to do a disarm then being first selecting the whip then holding left mouse button and clicking the middle mouse button, which might lead to broken combos). Note that the Quickfire Disarm is a different move from the Quickfire Trip (double tap "1").
|Edit BmInput.ini and UserInput.ini|
- A well-written post on the Steam Users' Forums about the way the game handles save data. Note that this forum post is only relevant to the deprecated GFWL version.
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City GOTY\BmGame\Config\|
|macOS (OS X)|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/200260/pfx/[Note 1]|
Save game data location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City GOTY\SaveData\|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/200260/pfx/[Note 1]|
Convert GFWL savegames to Steamworks
Transfer/Migrate/Convert Xbox360 save games to Epic Store version
Note: this is bit more involved and manual than the removing GFWL above, but still easy. "0x" refers to hexadecimal values e.g. 0x10 means "the hexadecimal value 10 (decimal 16) NOT decimal 10".
- Make a note of the save(s) you want to use on the PC version as above i.e. save 0, 1, 2, and/or 3
- Insert a USB flashdrive into your Xbox360
- Use your Xbox360 Settings menu to copy your Arkham City savegames to the drive
- Complete transfer of files to your PC - there will be a "Content" folder on your USB drive, and your saves will be in it, search for the files
save1.sgdetc depending on which you want to convert
- Open the save file you want to transfer in your hex editor
- Go to offset
0xD000, or search for the first occurence of
0x9E2A83- I have only seen this near position
0xD000in my saves, but it may vary.
- Delete everything before position
- You should end up with a file starting with
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x03
- Insert 4 bytes of
00 80 04 00at the start.
- Your file will now begin
00 80 04 00 00 00 00 03...
- Save your changes.
- Copy your edited save into the correct folder as documented above, or in Youtube - TUTORIAL Batman Arkham How To Install SaveGames
Transfer/Migrate/Convert Steam save games to Epic Store version
- Open your save file in your hex editor.
- It will start with
00 00 00 03.
- Insert the 4 bytes
00 80 04 00at the start of the file, so it now starts
00 80 04 00 00 00 00 03
- Save the file and transfer to the save folder as documented above.
Transfer Epic save games to Steam
- Copy and paste your save file.
- Open your copied save file in your hex editor.
- Select and delete the first 4 bytes
00 80 04 00.
- Save the file and rename to desired save slot.
- transfer renamed file to save folder for steam.
Transfer Steam save games to GOG
- Steam saves are compatible with the GOG version, simply copy the save files from the Steam location to the Windows location as noted in Save game data location.
|Multi-monitor||Multi-monitor HUD: Position Affects Gameplay.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See Anisotropic filtering (AF).|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA or up to 8x MSAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||Capped at 62 FPS; see High frame rate.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Run the game's benchmark.|
|Raise frame rate smoothing|
Center Main Camera View
By default the game's main third-person camera view is off-center (i.e. the character stands at the left side of the screen). For those who prefer the character to be central to the screen, the camera position can be changed via an in-game console command.
|Center Camera View|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||See Disable mouse smoothing.|
|Mouse sensitivity||See Mouse sensitivity.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Separate inversion of look, rotation, flight controls and Batarang flight controls.|
|Controller support||XInput supported, DirectInput has some mapping issues.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
Disable Mouse Smoothing
|Disable Mouse Smoothing|
|Change Mouse sensitivity|
|Separate volume controls||SFX, Music and Dialogue.|
|Surround sound||Auto configures up to 5.1 output|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Spanish||Depends on Windows Language preferences, for Spain must be on any configuration of Spanish.|
|Latin American Spanish||Depends on Windows Language preferences, for Latin America, Windows language must be on Español (México), For configure through UserEngine.ini, change ESN to ESM.|
|Japanese||PC version not released in Japan.|
- By default the Windows system language takes over other preferences.
|Change game language|
|Change launcher language|
|Nvidia 3D Vision|
|TriDef 3D||DirectX 9 only.|
Officially supported game, see official vorpx game list.
Mouse cursor reappears when using controller
- When using a controller, entering menus (such as the map) un-hides the mouse cursor and positions it in the center of the screen.
|Use AutoHideMouseCursor set to "Classic strategy"|
DirectX 11 lighting bug
|Replace graphics cache files from GFWL version|
Fatal error "QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011"
|Run game & launcher as Administrator|
|Delete configuration files|
- Turn off PhysX and DX11, as both of these features are resource-intensive.
- Ensure you have the latest DirectX End-User Runtimes.
|Force 2-core affinity|
Gray screen after fight with Joker
|Gray screen after fight with Joker|
No sound or weak sound
|No sound or weak sound|
Game crashes right after launch
|Game crashes right after launch|
The Windows 7 event log may show entries like this:
If you are using EMET and set SEHOP to opt-out, Batman Arkham City needs to be added to the opt-out list. To do this:
1) Create an empty text file
2) Add theses lines:
3) Save it as batman.reg (name doesn't matter, just the .reg extension is important)
4) Double click it
5) Run Arkham City
If that doesn't work, you may have to try disabling SEHOP globally:
Game crashes during introductory cutscene
|Install PhysX or disable it|
Missing Penguin Statues
- Sometimes Penguin statues may become invisible, and cannot be destroyed, but can be locked on with a batarang.
|Missing Penguin Statues|
MSI Afterburner OSD does not show
|MSI Afterburner OSD does not show|
Open RivaTuner (the tool that comes together with MSI Afterburner), add the game file BatmanAC.exe, and activate or deactivate Custom Direct3D support depending on the global setting.
Microsoft .NET Framework - Unhandled exception has occured in your application.
|Access to path is denied|
|Direct3D||9, 10, 11||10 needs to be enabled manually.|
|Metal support||macOS >= 10.14 only|
|Shader Model support||3, 5|
|macOS (OS X)||macOS only.|
|Operating system (OS)||XP||Vista, 7, 8|
|Processor (CPU)||AMD Athlon X2 4800+
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
|2.5 GHz Dual Core|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||17 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| ATI Radeon HD 3850 |
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
|AMD Radeon HD 6970
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
DirectX 11 compatible
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||10.14|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel 2.0 GHz||Intel 2.4 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB||8 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||16 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||512 MB of VRAM||512 MB of VRAM|
- Users with macOS versions prior to 10.14 can select the branch
mac_retail_11 - macOS 10.13.6 or older onlyfrom the Beta tab on Steam. This enables the game to run with the legacy OpenGL backend on macOS >= 10.9.5.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/200260/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (200260) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Batman: Arkham City GOTY
- Verified by User:Baronsmoki on 2019-09-19
- Skip 10 seconds of intro - last accessed on 2020-11-16
- Verified by User:Hman360 on 2020-12-12
- Batman Arkham City | WSGF
- B-AC - FoV Setting? - Steam Users' Forums (retrieved)
- Verified by User:Aaronth07 on 2018-03-13
- Reddit /r/BatmanArkham Any way to change the camera to centred view in Arkham City?
- Reddit /r/BatmanArkham Making console commands permanent?
- Verified by User:Aaronth07 on 2018-3-13
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- How to change the language in Batman Arkham City - Steam Users' Forums How to change the language in Batman Arkham City
- Steam Discussions: Batman: Arkham City GOTY - Any way to get rid of the mouse cursor? - last accessed on 2021-02-01
- Steam Discussions: Batman: Arkham City GOTY DX11 lighting bug - last accessed on 2021-01-14
- Steam Discussions: Batman: Arkham City GOTY - Game will not launch (Fatal error) - last accessed on 2021-01-14
- Reddit troubleshooting post (retrieved)
- Feral Interactive