Final Fantasy XI
|Windows||November 7, 2002|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
- Frame rate is capped at 30 FPS; use Windower with the Unlimited plugin to run at higher frame rates.
|Developer website||Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition.|
|Steam||Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, region locked in Latin America.|
- All versions require a Square Enix Account.
- The Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition is the newest and most complete edition.
- Pay-per-month MMO. First 30 days free for new accounts.
DLC and expansion packs
|Rise of the Zilart||Originally sold separately in Japan, it was bundled with the game's international launch.|
|Chains of Promathia|
|Treasures of Aht Urhgan|
|Wings of the Goddess|
|Seekers of Adoulin|
- Newer editions include these.
It is possible to improve the graphics further beyond what is allowed by editing the "Background resolution" registry setting. For more details, see http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Graphics#Background_Resolution
There are various 3rd-party tools used to improve the UI.
- XI View: https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View
Increased Draw Distance
The normal way to change draw distance is the /localsettings command in-game. It is possible to increase the draw distance beyond the max using this Windower plugin: http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/drawdistance
Change max number of displayed characters on-screen
This can be changed by using the /localsettings command. Syntax: /localsettings charanum [number] (25-50)
Configuration file(s) location
|Widescreen resolution||Defaults to 4:3, change in Config menu in game.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Reducing/increasing camera distance affects the FOV.|
|Windowed||Set in Config Tool on the General tab.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Set in Configuration Tool.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS||30 FPS cap; use Windower with the Unlimited plugin to run at higher frame rates.|
|120+ FPS||Use Windower with the Unlimited plugin.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Subtitles||Log information during dialogues.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|TCP||25, 80, 110, 443, 50000-65535|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
The max frame rate for the game is 30 FPS. If you are not finding your frame rate near that, it can help to turn off shadows in the in-game options.
Also try removing all USB devices. In the past, it was found that certain USB devices would cause a frame rate drop.
The game typically does not stay open if another program is in fullscreen mode. If something opens in fullscreen mode, FFXI will most likely close/crash.
Will not run on Windows Vista and later
|Download updated client|
|Operating system (OS)||98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista||7, 8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 800 MHz or faster||Intel Core i3 2.4 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||6 GB||15 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce series |
ATI Radeon 9000 series
32 MB of VRAM
DirectX 8.1 compatible
|Nvidia GeForce GT 740|
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/230330/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (230330) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- A different fix for the lag problem! May help some people :) :: Final Fantasy XI :: ZAM - last accessed on May 2023
- playonline.com - last accessed on May 2023