Assassin's Creed Odyssey
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||October 5, 2018|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase, DLC, Expansion pack|
|Microtransactions||Boost, Cosmetic, Currency, Infinite spend, Unlock, Loot box|
|Genres||Action, RPG, Open world, Stealth|
|Themes||Classical, Europe, Historical|
|Retail||Only available in DACH countries. Contains 6 DVDs.|
|Amazon.co.uk||Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition|
|Epic Games Store||Deluxe, Gold and Ultimate editions also available|
|GamersGate||Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition|
|Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition|
|Green Man Gaming||Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition|
|Humble Store||Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition|
|Steam||Deluxe, Gold and Ultimate editions also available|
|Ubisoft Store|| Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition.
Ultimate Edition included with Ubisoft+. Standard Edition included with Xbox Game Pass for PC.
|Amazon.com (unavailable)||Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition|
|Origin (unavailable)||Deluxe and Ultimate editions were also available. Is considered unavailable even with an EA Desktop user-agent.|
- The Deluxe Edition includes the Deluxe Pack.
- The Gold Edition includes the Season Pass.
- The Ultimate Edition includes the Deluxe Pack and the Season Pass.
DLC and expansion packs
|Season Pass||Includes Legacy of the First Blade, The Fate of Atlantis, Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered and The Secrets of Greece bonus mission.|
|The Blind King||Pre-order bonus mission. Now available via the Ubisoft Club.|
|Athenian Weapons Digital Pack||Pre-order DLC|
|The Fate of Atlantis||Digital expansion|
|Legacy of the First Blade||Digital expansion|
|Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece|| Free. Added in September 10, 2019 patch.
A standalone version is also available for purchase.
|Boost||Drachmae (in-game currency) and Materials (for crafting/upgrading) can be purchased using Helix Credits. Boosts for earning 50% more Drachmae and XP are also available.|
|Cosmetic||Skins for the mount, ship, ship crew and ship figureheads can be purchased with Helix Credits or unlocked via the Olympian Gift.|
|Currency||Helix Credits are a real money purchase. The completion of the prologue for the first time is rewarded with 200 Helix Credits.
Despite their identical name, Helix Credits purchased in previous games, like Assassin's Creed Origins, do not carry over to Odyssey.
|Free-to-grind||Maps can be purchased using Helix Credits that reveal the location of specific items like Legendary Chests or Orichalcum Fragments.|
|Infinite spend||Drachmae and Material boosts can be purchased again without any limit.|
|Loot box||The Olympian Gift is a loot box which contains a random Epic/Legendary item including cosmetics and unlocks from the in-game store. Players can buy it with Orichalcum Fragments by picking them up in the game world or as rewards for daily/weekly quests.|
|Unlock||Weapons, Armor and Ship Lieutenants can be purchased with Helix Credits or unlocked via the Olympian Gift.|
- Additional exclusive unlocks are available via the Ubisoft Club.
Skip intro videos
|Delete or rename the video files|
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Assassin's Creed Odyssey\|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/812140/pfx/[Note 1]|
- Crash dumps are stored in
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/812140/pfx/[Note 1]|
- Saved games are tied to Uplay account. Save files can be moved or copied between Steam and Uplay versions. Uplay cloud saves must be turned off before copying.
- Save file format for Uplay and Steam versions are different but can be converted.
|Ultra-widescreen||Cutscenes are pillarboxed to 16:9. See the related WSGF post to modify the game executable as a workaround.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||85-115%|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Exclusive fullscreen also available.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Governed by the "Texture Detail" setting, no individual tweakable option.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||TAA and SSAA via "Resolution Modifier" setting.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Uncapped by default. Can be capped to intervals of 5 between 30 and 90.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
Unlock cloth physics
- Clothes Physics are not capped to 30FPS anymore but scale with selected graphics settings as of official patch 1.07.
- Old fix for those still experiencing issues below:
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Can be adjusted between 0 (off) and 8.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts|
|Light bar support|
|Connection modes||V1, Wired|
|Haptic feedback||Can be disabled.|
|Separate volume controls||Music, Sound FX, Voice|
|Subtitles||Settings for text size, speaker names and background available.
Audio, subtitle and menu language can be set separately.
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
Officially supported game, see official vorpx game list.
|Tobii Eye Tracking||Supports: Aim at Gaze, Dynamic Light, Enemy Tagging, Extended View - Eye & Head Tracking, Interaction at Gaze, Lock Target at Gaze, Sun Effects|
Poor framerate and visual quality on Nvidia GPUs
- MFAA can cause serious framerate and visual quality issues on Nvidia GPUs.
Game fails to launch if installed on a Storage Spaces drive
- The game will fail to launch if installed on a Storage Spaces drive. This will either cause the
ACOdyssey.exeprocess to get stuck on the splash screen or in the background.
- Storage Spaces is Microsoft's new software-based RAID solution for Windows 10, allowing users to create and make use of virtual disk drive(s) that spans across multiple physical drives in a desired RAID configuration.
|Move the installation folder to a regular non-Storage Spaces drive|
Stuttering issues on Windows 10 v1703 or newer
- On some systems running Windows 10 version 1703 or newer, the game can experience constant stutters even when the in-game metrics report a stable framerate.
- Check also resources management tune-up by Special K below.
|Configure a task for automatic periodic clearing of the standby memory|
|Disable Fullscreen optimizations|
Very low FPS on SLI configurations
If the problem persists, disable these overlays (in this order, depending on what you have installed):
Romancing the stone garden bug
- In this specific quest the quest marker may disappear or become "stuck" and out of bounds.
|Make a manual save and reload it|
(Nvidia) Random Freezing for a few seconds
- This is a known driver issue in versions 451.48 and 451.67.
|Download and install the latest Game Ready Driver|
Stuttering in cities/high population areas
|Enable Ultra Low Latency or Anti-Lag feature in graphics card control panel|
- Uses RAD's Oodle compression
- Nexus Mods - A small collection of mods for the game.
- Special K - Thread scheduling changes that might help with stuttering/hitches on some systems.
|Operating system (OS)||7 SP1, 8.1||10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5-2400 3.1 GHz
AMD FX-6300 3.8 GHz
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
|Intel Core i7-3770 3.5 GHz
Intel Core i7-7700 4.2 GHz (4K)
AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz
AMD Ryzen 5 1400
AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.8 GHz (4K)
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB||16 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||46 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
AMD Radeon R9 285
2 GB of VRAM
Shader model 5 support
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (4K)
AMD Radeon R9 290X
AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 (4K)
4 GB / 8 GB (4K) of VRAM
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- Minimum targets 720p at Low graphical preset; recommended targets 1080p (or 2160p for 4K) at High graphical preset.
- The game required a CPU with AVX instructions on release. This was fixed in patch 1.0.3, now only requiring SSE4.2. This can in turn be lowered to just SSE4.1 with a fix.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/812140/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (812140) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Acquiring Helix Credits - Ubisoft Support - last accessed on 2020-09-18
- Helix credits didn't transfer from Origins? - last accessed on 2020-09-18
- Verified by User:Waschbär on 2020-09-17
- How to Play Assassin's Creed Odyssey with Low-End Hardware - last accessed on 2020-09-14
- Important PC Configuration Before You Play - last accessed on 2021-06-24
- Verified by User:Northman ast on 2021-06-24
- Verified by User:Aemony on 2018-08-31
- Reproduced by moving a working game install over to a Storage Spaces drive
- Verified by User:Verrenus on 2018-10-07
- Also confirmed by several other players at the Resetera PC performance discussion.
- Gained 26fps by disabling Windows 10 Fullscreen optimization : assassinscreed - last accessed on 2020-09-17
- Still no SLI support??? :: Assassin's Creed Origins General Discussions - last accessed on 2020-09-17
- Romancing the stone garden bug Reddit: - last accessed on 2021-10-04
- GeForce 451.67 Game Ready Driver Feedback Thread - NVIDIA GeForce Forums: - last accessed on 2020-09-17
- Update on AVX Support | Ubisoft Forums
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Patch 1.0.3 | Ubisoft Forums
- Verified by Mirh from his own crash dump - game requires CRC32 instruction.