|Windows||July 3, 2012|
Ubisoft Connect (formerly Uplay) refers to Ubisoft's digital distribution platform and accompanying client, while Ubisoft Store refers to the companion storefront accessible through the client.
In October 2020, Ubisoft rebranded the client from Uplay to Ubisoft Connect, and the monthly subscription service from Uplay+ to Ubisoft+.
- DRM: Digital distribution platform with accompanying client required for downloading and often playing games as well. Games can also be DRM-free or contain third-party DRM.
- Latest version can be downloaded here.
Ubisoft+ (formerly Uplay+) is a monthly subscription service from Ubisoft that grants access to a catalog of games and content through the Uplay store.
- Note that playing a more expensive edition of an owned game through Ubisoft+ may render existing save files inaccessible through the owned edition.
- A Ubisoft+ subscription will also grant access to Ubisoft games on Google Stadia and Amazon Luna.
Configuration file(s) location
|Ubisoft Connect DRM activations||<Ubisoft-Connect-folder>\cache\activations\|
|Games launch configuration||<Ubisoft-Connect-folder>\cache\configuration\configurations|
|Games account ownership||<Ubisoft-Connect-folder>\cache\ownership\|
|User settings||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Ubisoft Game Launcher\settings.yml|
Incorrect email or password
If you can log in on the website but not when using the Ubisoft Connect client and you have a long password; enter the first 14 characters of your password when logging in.
Ubisoft Connect crashes during save game synchronization
Manage game installations and folders
- Follow these steps to restore/import or move a game installation to another computer or partition.
- These instructions are only applicable for games that are owned, downloaded, and played through Ubisoft Connect only. For games bought on Steam, refer to the article for that platform.
|Restore/import a game install folder|
|Move an installed game to another location|
Verify game files
|Verify game files|
- ↑ Saved games compatibility for titles available on UPLAY+ - last accessed on 2019-10-03
- ↑ Ubisoft - UPLAY+ Becomes Ubisoft+, Introduces Beta with Stadia and Amazon Luna - last accessed on 2020-10-27
- ↑ Error message: "There was a problem authenticating the ownership of this product" - Ubisoft Support
- ↑ https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faq.aspx?platformid=60&productid=2716&faqid=kA030000000eSrvCAE
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Verified by User:Aemony on 2018-09-16
- Verified using Far Cry Primal.
- ↑ How Do I Install / Uninstall / Verify A Game in Uplay? - Uplay - Uplay - Ubisoft Customer Support Site