For a list of games, see
|Windows||October 26, 2012|
- Easy installation/upgrades/uninstallation and purchasing; available everywhere Windows is officially sold.
- Xbox Game Pass is not available in some countries.
- AppX/UWP packages are very restricted, with the consequence that many forms of unauthorized modding cannot be performed, such as binary editing files or forcing graphical overrides using incompatible third-party tools...
- ... injector-based modding, however, is still possible although might require new approaches by modders.
- Only XInput controllers are supported with controller supported titles.
The Microsoft Store (formerly Windows Store) is an app store introduced with Windows 8 and Windows RT. Purchased apps can be used on up to 81 devices for Windows 8 and 8.1 or 10 devices for Windows 10; systems can be remotely removed from this total if they are dead, stolen, or otherwise inaccessible.
Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps and games require Windows 10 to run, and will not function on another version of the operating system. The similar, but distinctly different, type of apps for Windows 8.x is called Modern UI ("Metro") apps.
Windows 8.x: Modern UI/Metro apps always run at the desktop resolution and scale correctly to all resolutions and aspect ratios but do not spread across multi-monitor setups. Windows apps require a minimum resolution of 1024x768 (desktop applications can be used at lower resolutions as usual but Windows apps will refuse to launch).
Windows apps are shown in random language
- This is problem especially with systems using other main language than English.
- Windows apps and Store use Windows language settings to determine which language to use and if none on the list matches it defaults to English. This means if for example Japanese language has been added to list as IME, it defaults to it instead of English.
|Add desired language to windows language list|
|Operating system (OS)||8||10|
|Processor (CPU)||1 GHz||Intel Pentium 4 HT 6xx
AMD Athlon 64
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
|Video card (GPU)||DirectX 9 compatible||DirectX 10 compatible|
|Other||1024 x 768 screen resolution.||1366 x 768 screen resolution for the snap functionality.|
- PC Gamer - Mod support is coming to games on the Microsoft Store - last accessed on 2019-09-06
- Verified by User:Aemony on 2019-09-06
- Injected Special K successfully into multiple AppX-packaged games. Cheat Engine, which can be used to enable various modded functionality, is also known to work with Microsoft Store-based games. Unknown Cheats have a relevant thread on the topic.
- XInput and DirectInput - Windows Dev Center - "Note Use of legacy DirectInput is not recommended, and DirectInput is not available for Windows Store apps."
- Increasing the app roaming limits
- Microsoft lowers app installs from 81 to 10 with Windows 10
- Scaling to different screens - Building Windows 8 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
- windows 8 preview - Why are half of my Metro apps in Japanese? - Super User