Controller:Xbox 360 Controller
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Xbox Controller S
|Xbox Wireless Controller|
- Natively supported by most modern games.
- Microsoft driver maps triggers to same axis in DirectInput games
- The Play & Charge Cable does not work for connecting a wireless controller; it is only for charging.
- The Xbox 360 Chatpad is not natively supported; use the Chatpad Super Driver (wired controllers) or Xbox360wirelesschatpad Driver (wireless controllers). Custom application Controller Companion has experimental support for Chatpad.
- Official Xbox website
- Official Microsoft Hardware division website
- "Xbox on other devices" at Xbox Support
- 1 Availability
- 2 Controller variations
- 3 Use with PC platforms
- 4 Steam
- 5 Hardware
- 6 Issues fixed
- 7 Other information
- 8 References
- Wired controller - Official website
- Wireless controller - Official website (Comes bundled with a Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows)
- Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows - Amazon (Required for use of the Wireless Xbox 360 Controller on Windows)
- 9th November 2010 was released Xbox 360 Controller with transforming D-Pad. Design is a "transforming" D-pad that changes from a semi-flush disc to a pop-out plus sign by twisting the D-pad clockwise. The thumbsticks have also been tweaked and feature a more significantly indented center, making it easier to depress either inward. While previous iterations have used concave thumbsticks, the newest variation has a distinct center pivot and a sharper edge along the rim.
Use with PC platforms
- The controller/receiver should be automatically detected on Windows Vista and later. If it is not detected or you are using Windows XP install the Xbox 360 Accessories Software (for both wired and wireless controllers).
- Guide button can be remapped.
- Allows emulate virtual DS4 controller to play PS4 Remote Play, PS Now or Dualshock 4 compatible games.
- Custom configs for Xbox 360 controller can be found in official Community Configs Library maintained by reWASD users.
- This controller is "Plug and Play" on most distributions of Linux.
- Xboxdrv is an alternative to the stock driver and allows many configuration options.
- Controller can be found in Supported Controller Database and it's correctly recognizable as Xbox 360 controller.
Steam Link compatibility
- Works natively over USB and Wireless Xbox 360 Adapter. All buttons are mapped correctly.
- Works without any drivers on any operating system that supports Steam.
- Can be used just to send input from a controller to a PC. Go into Streaming options, hit 𝗬 and disable video and audio streaming.
- May not work great unless connected to LAN or a low latency Wi-Fi.
- XIM APEX provides the highest precision mouse and keyboard (and more) experience on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 (PS4), Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 (PS3). Software emulates Keyboard+Mouse inputs into signals from controllers connected to third USB port.
- Simple real-time smartphone and tablet-based configuration. Real-time feedback to guide you to your optimal settings.
- Supports your existing Xbox headsets and chatpads.
- Firmware upgradable.
- Active community forum.
- Needs your controller plugged into USB port #3 on your XIM HUB at all times to function.
- Supports official wired Xbox 360 controller but wireless with play-and-charge kit is not supported.
The Xbox Support website has multiple support pages on using the Xbox 360 Controller with Windows.
- "Using the Xbox 360 controller for Windows"
- "Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows"
- "Set up your Xbox 360 controller for Windows"
- "Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows"
- "Configure your Xbox 360 controller for Windows"
No force feedback vibration in DirectInput games
- See XInput Plus. Some games may still not support vibration even with this installed.
- The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can't be turned it off with the GUIDE button, except in Games for Windows Live games.
|Use Xbox 360 Controller Manager|
Wireless Gaming Receiver randomly disconnects
- The receiver doesn't work in a USB 3.0 or 1.1 port, only use it in a USB 2.0 port.
Broken Wireless Gaming Receiver
- A very common issue where the Microsoft Wireless Receiver suddenly fails and stops working.
|Bridge bad fuse by soldering|
- If you experience input errors from the d-pad, following this procedure might fix it.
Wireless Gaming Receiver not recognized
- This is usually caused by using a knock-off receiver; the official Wireless Gaming Receiver is never sold separately.
|Manually connecting a wireless controller|
- Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows - Required for use of a wireless Xbox 360 controller on PC
- Headset accessories - Both wired and wireless headsets should work with Windows
- Xbox 360 Chatpad - usable with the Chatpad Super Driver (wired controllers only)
- Device name: Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows), HWID: 045E:028E
|Controller button||Button label and axis|
|Left stick||Button 9, X-axis, Y-axis|
|Right stick||Button 10, X-rotation, Z-rotation|
|D-pad up||POV up|
|D-pad down||POV down|
|D-pad left||POV left|
|D-pad right||POV right|
- Displays a battery meter for connected XInput controller devices in the Windows taskbar.
- Application emulates the Sony DualShock 4 gamepad using an Xbox controller.
- Allows to use Xbox controller for Sony Playstation Now or Playstation Remote Play applications.
- External Arduino gyroscope for any Xbox or compatible gamepads. Gyroscope emulates mouse movement.
- Some games are incompatible since they are not designed to use a mouse and a gamepad at the same time.
- Some games can constantly change button icons (from keyboard to gamepad and vice versa).
- Amazon.com: Bryan E. McClendon "StraightupNoob"'s review of Wireless Pc Usb Gaming Receiver for Xbox 3...