From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Xbox 360 Controller|
- Japan controller variation was released as Controller S (codenamed "Akebono"), which is smaller and lighter, designed for users with smaller hands. It was later released in other territories and by the end of 2003 had replaced the first-generation controller worldwide.
Use with PC platforms
- A new version of XBCD driver allows Original Xbox Controllers to be used on Windows machines.
- Mayflash Tigergame Xbox joystick driver is the Alternative to XBCD.
- Custom application Xb2XInput can translate the input from an Xbox OG controller over to a virtual XInput/DirectInput device for games to make use of, without needing any unsigned drivers to be installed.
- Use the 360Controller driver.
- This controller is "Plug and Play" on most distributions of Linux.
- Xboxdrv is an alternative to the stock driver and allows many configuration options.
- Can be recognized as Xbox 360 controller but after manual assignment. Controller cannot be found in Supported Controller Database, so Steam recognizes it as standard DirectInput device.
Steam Link compatibility
- Works natively over USB Adapter.
- Needs remapping on Steam Link. Two shoulder buttons missing.
- Works without any drivers on any operating system that supports Steam.
- Can be used just to send input from a controller to a PC. Go into Streaming options, hit 𝗬 and disable video and audio streaming.
- Won't work great unless you connect it to LAN or a low latency Wi-Fi.
|Controller button||Button label and axis|
|Left stick||Button 9, X-axis, Y-axis|
|Right stick||Button 10, X-rotation, Y-rotation|
|D-pad up||POV up|
|D-pad down||POV down|
|D-pad left||POV left|
|D-pad right||POV right|
- Ninja Beach Party. Official Xbox Magazine (October 2002, issue 11, pg. 44).
- [https://steamcommunity.com/app/353380/discussions/0/1473096694452098426/ List of Steam Link compatible controllers, adapters etc. - SteamCommunity]