Lego Batman: The Videogame
|macOS (OS X)||Robosoft Technologies|
|Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|OS X||Feral Interactive|
|Windows||September 23, 2008|
|macOS (OS X)||April 9, 2009|
|Vehicles||Automobile, Naval/watercraft, Flight|
|Subseries of Batman|
|Subseries of Lego|
|Lego Batman: The Videogame||2008|
|Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes||2012|
|Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham||2014|
|Lego DC Super-Villains||2018|
- The macOS (OS X) version of this game does not work on macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later due to the removal of support for 32-bit-only apps.
Lego Batman: The Videogame (sometimes abbreviated as "Lego Batman 1" or "LB1") is a Lego-styled action-adventure game loosely inspired by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher's Batman movies and the 1992 animated TV series, with music from the 1989 Batman. The game is split into three independent stories, or chapters, with each chapter having 5 levels told from Batman and Robin's perspective and 5 levels from the villain's perspective.
The game was originally under development simultaneously with Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but development was postponed to work on a Lego Indiana Jones game to tie into the then upcoming movie Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Lego Batman would ultimately be released under four months later on 23 September 2008, running under the same version of TT Games's "nu2" engine as the original Lego Indiana Jones.
On PC, there is an active small but growing modding community for all of Traveler's Tales' Lego video games, based primarily around a Discord server. While The Complete Saga is the most popular Lego video game to mod, the original Lego Batman is considered to be a part of the unofficial "Holy Trinity of Lego Games" by modders (alongside The Complete Saga and the original Lego Indiana Jones), due to sharing similar versions of an engine that are easy to mod. As such, there are a small number of mods that add characters or fix developer oversights, most being published to the aforementioned server.
- Official Website
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
|Epic Games Store||DRM-free when launched directly from executable.|
|Green Man Gaming|
|Mac App Store (unavailable)|
- The Mac OS X version is no longer sold digitally.
Render new game cutscene in real time
- By default, the cutscene that plays upon starting a new game uses a pre-rendered FMV. It is possible to render the cutscene in realtime instead by deleting the FMV video file.
Delete or rename
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO Batman|
|macOS (OS X)||$HOME/Library/Preferences/Feral Interactive/Lego Batman/|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/21000/pfx/[Note 1]|
Mappings.datstores Keyboard and Controller mappings.
pcconfig.txtstores all general settings.
Save game data location
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO Batman\Saved Games|
|macOS (OS X)||$HOME/Library/Preferences/Feral Interactive/Lego Batman/Saved Games/|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/21000/pfx/[Note 1]|
|Ultra-widescreen|| Set aspect ratio to
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Uses fixed perspectives.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Unknown fixed amount.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Selective blurring "Edge AA" with Enhanced Graphics enabled.
Up to 16x FSAA with Enhanced Graphics disabled.
For MSAA or SGSSAA with Enhanced Graphics enabled, see Anti-aliasing.
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||See Run the game at screen refresh rate.
Note that running the game above 60 FPS can make certain sections impossible.
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Color blind mode||Certain puzzles require distinction between Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue.|
|Force MSAA or SGSSAA (Nvidia only)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||No mouse support|
|Mouse input in menus||Scroll wheel and LMB/RMB can be used to browse menu.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Game is designed for a controller. A player using the keyboard cannot tilt the camera, nor walk slower than full run speed.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts||See Additional Information below.|
|Light bar support|
|Generic/other controllers||DirectInput and XInput devices supported|
|Button prompts||XInput only.
For DualShock prompts use the PlayStation Button Prompts mod.
For Nintendo button prompts use the Wii U Button Prompts mod.
|Controller hotplugging||Must go to control configuration to switch input methods in-game.|
|Haptic feedback||Console versions only.|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||For separate players|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|English||Both British and American.|
|Italian||Follow this guide for the Steam version.|
Vehicles not working
- Vehicles (including Robin's RC toys) become unresponsive and won't move or work correctly. This is most noticeable in an early RC car section, where the RC car needs to climb on top of special buttons.
Enable Vertical Sync in-game while set to a 60 Hz output.
|Cap frame rate at 60 FPS or lower|
Run the game at screen refresh rate
- Fullscreen mode defaults to 60 Hz for some resolutions, even if the screen refresh rate is set higher than that.
|Set screen refresh rate|
Various shadows exhibit prominent color banding
|Disable ambient occlusion|
Unable to destroy last two electrical pylons/coils with robot in "An Enterprising Theft"
- A gray, rectangular bar blocks the robot from reaching the innermost two pylons.
|Exit and re-enter the room|
Game Randomly Crashes
- Some Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Users had this game randomly crashes at moment.
|Change Compability Mode|
Changing Compability mode to Windows Vista or Windows 7 will resolve this issue.
Custom characters are all black in "Experiment Room" (Epic Games Store version)
- The build of the game on the Epic Games Store has a bugged texture archive that causes the custom characters' textures to appear all black inside the customizer, even if the Silhouettes extra is disabled.
|Remove bugged file|
|macOS (OS X)||32-bit only.|
- See the beginners setup guide for instructions on how to configure the game for mod support.
- Setting up mods requires extracting the game's .DAT files, which noticeably increases file size.
- Civilian Model Fixes by Bario the Weird - Increases the resolution of businesswoman's face and fixes Factory Worker's and Bio-Hazard Scientist's facial and hand animations.
- HD GUI for Lego Batman 1 by SirYodaJedi - Upscales and cleans up a lot of GUI elements, such as character icon rings, hearts, etc.
- High-res Azrael cape for Weirdo by SirYodaJedi - Increases the resolution of Azrael's cape in the character customizer, reducing the texture alpha aliasing. Place in
<path-to-game>\CHARS\WEIRDO\CAPE, replacing the existing file.
- Wide-eyed Civvy fix by SirYodaJedi - Shifts both eyes inwards on the female Civvy face texture by 4 pixels, making them more naturally spaced apart.
- The Extended Bat-roster by JustNathan - Adds several characters and vehicles that were either unplayable or missing in the game as well as some fixes. To play this mod without Reloaded-II, extract the files from
- Shirley Walker and Co. Music Mod by Gabriel Bezerra - Replaces most of the soundtrack with fitting music from Batman: The Animated Series. Place the
<path-to-game>, replacing files when prompted.
- Vanilla Music fixes by SirYodaJedi - Fixes some minor bugs and oversights with the game's music playback.
|Operating system (OS)||XP||Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 1.5 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 1500+
|Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
AMD Athlon 64 4000+
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB (XP)|
512 MB (Vista)
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||4.2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 128 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Shader model 2.0 support
| 512 MB of VRAM
Shader model 3.0 support
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||10.5.8||10.7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel 1.4 GHz||Intel 2.2 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||512 MB||1 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||128 MB of VRAM||256 MB of VRAM|
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/21000/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (21000) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- This step can be skipped if Enhanced Graphics is disabled.
- Feral Support - LEGO Batman - last accessed on 2016-7-23
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2021-02-09
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2020-02-21
- Judged by eye, based upon the grates on the floor of the opening area of the Batcave.
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2020-01-21
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2020-04-04
- List of anti-aliasing compatibility flags for Nvidia
- Stuck robot bug and the solution - Steam Users' Forums (retrieved)
- Don't play it without VSync / Fix for stage 2 RC car bug. - GOG Community Forums (retrieved)
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2020-01-24
- Help on "An Enterprising Theft" - LEGO Batman: The Videogame Message Board for Wii - GameFAQs
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2020-02-17
- Same issue and fix occurs and works on Windows.
- Game keeps crashing during first level - Steam Community (retrieved)
- Lego Batman Custom Characters Issue (Explanation in comments) : EpicGamesPC
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2020-11-06
- Last chance to buy these Mac classics! | Feral News