Controller:Xbox Wireless Controller
|Micro-USB, USB-C, Bluetooth, wireless dongle|
|Xbox 360 Controller|
|Xbox Elite Wireless Controller|
The Xbox Wireless Controller is a controller. Unlike PlayStation or Nintendo controllers, it does not have a gyroscope to support motion control. However, third party attachments can deliver this feature.
Controllers of this family can be used via wired connections (via micro USB on the models released for Xbox One from 2013 to 2020, or USB-C on the models released for the Xbox Series X and Series S from 2020 onwards) or wirelessly with Bluetooth (all models from 2016 onward) or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (supports up to eight controllers).
The controller is natively supported by most modern games that have controller support.
- PC Games with Xbox One Controller Support
- Xbox Series X: Making Gaming’s Best Controller Even Better
- 2 × clickable analog sticks: LS, RS
- 2 × analog triggers: LT, RT
- 2 × digital shoulder buttons: LB, RB
- 7 × digital action buttons: 𝐀, 𝐁, 𝐗, 𝗬, ᴍᴇɴᴜ, ᴠɪᴇᴡ, xʙᴏx
- 4 × digital directional buttons (d-pad): ↑, ↓, ←, →
- Wireless pairing button
- Digital share button in fourth revision: sʜᴀʀᴇ
- The original two controller models (Models 1537 and 1697) have a different plastic trim around the Xbox logo and do not support Bluetooth. Model 1697 controllers added a 3.5mm audio jack, while Model 1537 controllers lack it.
- The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller and Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 includes more features compared to regular controller, including replaceable sticks and d-pad, four paddle buttons to back and fully rebindable button layouts.
- The third standard model (Model 1708) was released along with the Xbox One S and have Bluetooth connectivity and textured grips. The Xbox logo is now surrounded by the main plastic on the front of the body.
- The fourth standard model (Model 1914) was released along with the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S and has a slightly smaller body, a USB-C port instead of a Micro-B USB one, a Share button, and similar to the Elite Controller, it has a flat concave D-pad, textured grip and shoulder buttons. It's currently available in five different colors.
Use with PC platforms
- Connecting the controller should automatically download and install latest drivers for the controller.
- Guide button can be remapped.
- Alows to activate Impulse Trigger Vibration.
- Allows emulate virtual DS4 controller to play PS4 Remote Play, PS Now or Dualshock 4 compatible games.
- Not free of charge. 14-day trial.
- Custom configs for Xbox Wireless controller can be found in official Community Configs Library maintained by reWASD users.
- Use the 360Controller driver or Xbox One Controller Enabler.
- On macOS Catalina (10.15) or later, Bluetooth support is available natively.
- The Xbox One Controller is natively supported by distros using Linux kernel 3.17 (or later).
- Xow is a Linux user mode driver for the Xbox One wireless dongle. It communicates with the dongle via libusb and provides joystick input through the uinput kernel module. The input mapping is based on existing kernel drivers like xpad.
- This controller is "Plug and Play" on Chrome OS.
- Controller can be found in Supported Controller Database and it's correctly recognizable as Xbox One controller.
Steam Link compatibility
- Works without any drivers on any operating system that supports Steam.
- Can be used just to send input from a controller to a PC. Go into Streaming options, hit 𝗬 and disable video and audio streaming.
- Controller connected via USB works as expected.
- Newer versions (2016 onwards, beginning with Model 1708) can be paired natively using Bluetooth.
- Steam Link has experimental support for the wireless adapter and it works through VirtualHere too (Model 1537 and 1697). 
- The controller support Rumble over Bluetooth after update.
- May not work great unless connected to LAN or a low latency Wi-Fi.
Support in games
- Natively supported by most modern games via XInput. Sometimes, the controller will be recognized as Xbox 360 Controller.
- Some XInput supported games may not work correctly with the Xbox One controller. Refer to the individual game pages for details.
Impulse Trigger Vibration
For a list of games, see
- The impulse triggers of the controller are two independent rumble motors located within each of the triggers, allowing developers to selectively vibrate the trigger when the player is performing an action that warrants such a feedback, such as firing a gun or charging an attack.
- The XInput API does not expose this functionality. Games making use of the rumble motors uses the Windows.Gaming.Input API instead.
- There is no available application which translates adaptive triggers haptic feedback signals into basic impulse trigger vibration.
- The third-party DLL injection-based tool X1nput can be used to convert the normal vibrations of a game to impulse trigger vibration in many single player games.
Games with Impulse Trigger Vibration support
- Total number of games: 71.
- Number of games which Impulse Trigger Vibration is limited and feature support is still not a PC standard.
- Games with DualSense's Adaptive Triggers support are mostly not compatible with Impulse Triggers and there is no application which translates both signals into one standard.
|Native support||Limited native support||Always on||Requires manual fix||No native support|
|F1 22||Codemasters||Electronic Arts||July 1, 2022|
|Death Stranding: Director's Cut||Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games||505 Games||March 30, 2022|
|Halo Infinite||343 Industries, SkyBox Labs, Sperasoft, The Coalition, Certain Affinity, Atomhawk||Xbox Game Studios||December 8, 2021|
|Century: Age of Ashes||Playwing||December 2, 2021|
|Forza Horizon 5||Playground Games, Turn 10 Studios, Sumo Digital||Xbox Game Studios||November 9, 2021|
|Far Cry 6||Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Berlin, Ubisoft Philippines, Ubisoft Bucharest, Ubisoft Pune, Ubisoft Odesa, Ubisoft Winnipeg, Ubisoft Montpellier, Ubisoft Quebec, Ubisoft Shanghai||Ubisoft||October 7, 2021|
|Lost in Random||Zoink, Thunderful||Electronic Arts||September 10, 2021|
|F1 2021||Codemasters||Electronic Arts||July 16, 2021|
|Worms Rumble||Team17||December 1, 2020|
|Halo 4||343 Industries||Xbox Game Studios||November 17, 2020|
Gyro Support: Brook X One Adapter EXTRA
- You can use the Xbox Wireless Controller to play PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One games wirelessly.
- Adds Motion Control (Gyro for PC/PS4/Switch and supports Turbo and Remap. For this option Steam has to recognize controller as Switch Pro Controller or DualShock 4
- Emulates PS4 touchpad via combo keys (Brook key+Right Analog Stick).
- Allow the use of headsets on the Xbox Wireless Controller for PS4/Xbox One. Battery lasts up to ten hours.
- Adding to controller two remappable paddles.
- Possible to map special behaviour mods: Anti-Recoil Adjustable, Quick Scope, Auto Run, Drop Shot, Rapid Fire, Optimized Rapid Fire, Rapid Fire Adjustable, Pulse Fire Adjustable, Burst Fire Adjustable, MW Jitter, Anti-Recoil, Auto Hold Breath, Turbo Melee, Double Jump, Auto Spot, ADS and Hair Triggers.
- Detachable magnetic paddles allows buy and attach alternate paddles for different hand sizes.
- Requires cable connection.
- Adding to controller Four Hyper response Buttons.
- Full mapping capability of all 16 functions.
- Customizable digital mods.
- Cronus Zen allows the use of licensed gaming controller on all major gaming platforms, including all versions of PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, Windows PC, Android, Raspberry Pi.
- Supports mods, scripts and macros.
- Integrated Bluetooth and support for Xbox One & Xbox 360 Wireless Adapters.
- It lets you use controller on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
- It allows you to convert your controller into an modded controller without installing any chips or other devices. Supports mods, scripts and macros.
- Titan Two is an all-in-one gaming device that combines features of dozens of products in a single form factor. Supports PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, PlayStation TV, Xbox 360, Computers and more...
- Customize the controller layout accordingly your needs for any game.
- XIM APEX provides the highest precision mouse and keyboard (and more) experience on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 (PS4), Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 (PS3). Software emulates Keyboard+Mouse inputs into signals from controllers connected to third USB port.
- Supports official wireless Xbox Series X/S or One controller connected with a micro-USB cable.
- Simple real-time smartphone and tablet-based configuration. Real-time feedback to guide you to your optimal settings.
- Supports your existing Xbox headsets and chatpads.
- Firmware upgradable.
- Active community forum.
- Needs your controller plugged into USB port #3 on your XIM HUB at all times to function.
- Use of Xbox Series X/S controllers requires upgrade of firmware.
- Only newer variations of the controllers are build in to support Bluetooth. See this official support page to distinguish the supported models.
- Windows 10 with Anniversary update is required.
- It's recommended to only connect single controller with Bluetooth connection. Some accessories like headsets and chatpads do not work using wireless connection.
- There are multiple reports of Xbox One controllers used by Bluetooth causing FPS drops and stutters. These problems don't seem to happen on other Bluetooth controllers or Xbox One controller with a wireless adapter, and it's yet unknown whether the issue persists on the newer Series X controllers.
|Using controller via bluetooth|
- Supports up to 8 controllers.
|Using controller via Xbox Wireless|
No force feedback vibration in DirectInput games
- Install Force Feedback Driver for Xbox One Controllers. Some games will still not support vibration even with this installed.
Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
- Open Windows Update and ensure KB2685811 is installed.
- Either Windows 10/11 PC with the App or Xbox One is required to update controllers firmware.
- To update firmware on the controller, install Xbox Accessories App from Microsoft Store and connect the controller either with cable or wireless adaptor.
- Device name: Xbox One® Controller, HWID: 045E:02D1, 045E:02DD, 045E:02EA.
- Wired connection input lag: 7.1 ms for button press and 7.0 ms for joystick move. Values can be improved to 5.0 ms by overclocking controller's polling rate to 1000Hz.
- Wireless connection input lag: 7.4 ms for button press and 7.0 ms for joystick move. Bluetooth connection input lag: 7.4 ms.
Xbox One controller (Model 1697):
|USB (button press)||7.1 ms (± 2.6 ms)|
|USB (joystick move)||7.0 ms (± 2.6 ms)|
|2.4GHz dongle (button press)||7.4 ms (± 2.4 ms)|
|2.4GHz dongle (joystick move)||7.0 ms (± 2.3 ms)|
|Bluetooth (button press)||7.4 ms (± 2.4 ms)|
|Bluetooth (joystick move)||6.9 ms (± 2.5 ms)|
Xbox One S controller (Model 1708):
|USB (button press)||7.0 ms (± 2.7 ms)|
|USB (joystick move)||6.3 ms (± 2.6 ms)|
|2.4GHz dongle (button press)||7.1 ms (± 2.4 ms)|
|2.4GHz dongle (joystick move)||7.1 ms (± 2.4 ms)|
|Bluetooth (button press)||7.8 ms (± 2.5 ms)|
|Bluetooth (joystick move)||7.3 ms (± 2.5 ms)|
|USB OC 1000Hz (button press)||5.3 ms (± 2.3 ms)|
|USB OC 1000Hz (joystick move)||5.0 ms (± 2.3 ms)|
Xbox Series X controller (Model 1914):
|USB (button press)||6.9 ms (± 3.0 ms)|
|USB (joystick move)||6.7 ms (± 3.1 ms)|
|2.4GHz dongle (button press)||6.3 ms (± 2.0 ms)|
|2.4GHz dongle (joystick move)||5.5 ms (± 2.2 ms)|
|Bluetooth (button press)||11.4 ms (± 5.1 ms)|
|Bluetooth (joystick move)||12.7 ms (± 5.0 ms)|
|USB OC 1000Hz (button press)||5.8 ms (± 2.3 ms)|
|USB OC 1000Hz (joystick move)||5.2 ms (± 2.6 ms)|
- Displays a battery meter for connected XInput controller devices in the Windows taskbar.
- Application emulates the Sony DualShock 4 gamepad using an Xbox controller.
- Allows to use Xbox controller for Sony Playstation Now or Playstation Remote Play applications.
- UPDATE: New Xbox One 1TB Console Unveiled | Xbox Live's Major Nelson
- Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox
- LaptopMag: How to Pair PS4 and Xbox One Controllers in macOS Catalina - last accessed on 2021-07-13
- Steam Link build 747
-  - last accessed on 2021-01-27
- Verified by User:Marioysikax on 2016-10-26
- Set Up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - last accessed on 2016-10-26
- Enable Force Feedback for Xbox One Controllers (Windows 7/8/8.1 x64 ONLY) :: Steam Community
- PSA for the new Xbox One controller drivers. How to fix error 37 for Windows 7. : pcgaming
- Ultimate Controller Comparison | Input lag, etc. (PS5, PS4, Xbox SX/Elite 2/One, eSwap Pro)