From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||October 28, 2016|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
|Microtransactions||Boost, Cosmetic, Free-to-grind|
|Genres||Shooter, Vehicle combat|
|Origin||Included with EA Play.|
|Steam||Ultimate Edition. Included with EA Play (Steam).|
|Humble Store (unavailable)|
- All versions require Origin DRM. Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM was removed on March 2017.
|One-time game purchase||The game requires an upfront purchase to access.|
|Boost||One-time purchase of "Jump Start Pack" unlocks all Titan and character's tactical abilities and grants 500 Credits and 10 "XP x2" tokens.|
|Cosmetic||Skins for weapons, characters and Titans.|
|Currency||Credits can be earned only through gameplay.|
|Free-to-grind||Credits earned through playing can be used to permanently unlock weapons, skins, executions and abilities for both Titans and characters.|
Skip intro videos
|Alternately, move or delete the video files|
Raw mouse input
- Reduces input lag and makes mouse more responsive.
Additional graphical options
- Some of the graphical options can't be changed by the in-game menu, but there is a way to change them manually.
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier" [0-1] - controls draw distance of the particle effects. Recommended value is "0"
"setting.cl_ragdoll_maxcount" [0-∞] - controls amount of the ragdolls on the ground. Recommended value is "16"
"setting.mat_picmip" [-10-4] - controls resolution of the textures. Recommended values are something between "-1" and "-10"
"setting.r_decals" [0-∞] - controls amount of the decals rendered at the same time. Recommended value is "1024"
"setting.shadow_depthres" [0-∞] - controls quality of the spot shadows. Recommended value is "2048"
"setting.fadeDistScale" [0-∞] - controls fade distance of the models. Recommended value is "3.000000"
3. Save modified file and make it
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/1237970/pfx/[Note 1]|
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/1237970/pfx/[Note 1]|
Save game cloud syncing
|OneDrive||Requires enabling backup of the Documents folder in OneDrive on all computers.|
|Steam Cloud||Game acquired from Steam will launch via Origin and uses Origin's Cloud Saves|
|Widescreen resolution||Letterboxed to 16:9 when using 4:3 or 5:4 resolutions.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Cutscenes and loading screens are pillarboxed 16:9. Certain resolutions may require update to configuration file.|
|4K Ultra HD||Certain resolutions may require update to configuration file.|
|Field of view (FOV)||70-110°. See Field of view (FOV).|
|Windowed||Certain windowed resolutions may require update to configuration file.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use the
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Up to 16 samples|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||TSAA, MSAA(2x, 4x & 8x), SMAA. Also supports Adaptive Supersampling: "Dynamically raises rendering resolution if the game is running faster than the target framerate." Option is unavailable if resolution exceeds 16K either horizontally or vertically.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Disabled, Double/Triple buffered, Dynamic and Nvidia Adaptive (Half-refresh) V-Sync.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Up to 144 fps by default. (Unlocked with
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Color blind mode|
- Certain resolutions under Graphics settings may not be selectable even when not using Nvidia DSR or AMD VSR, such as anything higher than 1920 horizontal pixels by 1080 vertical pixels.
- Users with NVIDIA graphics cards that support GeForce Experience can use the game optimization feature and configuration in GeForce Experience to update the resolution.
|Set to unlisted resolution|
Field of view (FOV)
|Set max to 120|
Depth of field
|Disable depth of field|
- Lots of jaggies even on MSAA 8x mostly because the foliage alpha transparency isn't coveraged in the MSAA pass. This injected form will smooth edges better, and give crisper picture than TSAA.
|SMAA Anti-Aliasing with ReShade|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Option to disable available.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||Also has advanced look settings.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||Occasionally changes button prompts|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||Up to 7.1 output.|
|Closed captions||Background sounds are only captioned during dialogues.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Polish||Region locked to Polish and Russian in Poland. Changing language to any other languages is impossible.|
|Latin American Spanish|
|Change in-game language|
|Dedicated||Uses cloud servers and bare metal.|
|Nvidia 3D Vision||See Helix Mod: Titanfall 2.|
Officially supported game, see official vorpx game list.
Cannot select higher resolution than native one when using Nvidia DSR or AMD VSR
|Set resolution in videoconfig.txt|
- Please note changing video settings in-game will reset the resolution to whatever is selected in the game menu.
Game too dark or (with higher brightness) colors are washed out
- Titanfall 2 only lets you adjust brightness, not gamma level.
|Use external injector|
Use an external tool such as SweetFX (function "Lift Gamma Gain") to increase the gamma level of the image.
Selecting Video settings in game causes crash or Titanfall 2 only launches in windowed mode
- Because of Desktop Scaling in Windows 10, Titanfall 2 has difficulty running in Full-screen mode and/or crashes when going into Video Settings.
|In Nvidia Control Panel, under "Adjust desktop size and position", either select "no scaling" or put "Perform scaling" on GPU.|
Now the game should launch in Fullscreen mode without crashing and you can use the in-game video settings menu without crashes.
Audio Configuration defaults to 7.1 Surround
- The game may set the audio configuration to the maximum available configuration for any of your audio devices even if your output device is set to stereo.
For stereo audio configuration:
|Audio||Miles Sound System|
Command line parameters
- See command line arguments on how to use the following options.
|-novid||Disables intro videos|
|-high||Force Titanfall to launch as a high priority process|
|-noborder||Removes the border around the window|
|-window||Runs the game in windowed mode (use with the above for real borderless)|
|-fullscreen||Runs the game in fullscreen mode|
|+cl_showpos 1||Displays player name, position, angle, and velocity information on the top-left of the screen|
|+m_rawinput 1||Raw mouse input, may fix mouse lag (or may have no effect)|
|-nomenuvid 1||Disables looping video on the main menu|
|-automatchmake||Launches multiplayer as soon as the game connects to the servers|
|-width||Specify resolution width. Game crashes if less than 800|
|-height||Specify resolution height. Game crashes if less than 600|
|-channels||Specify the audio channel configuration|
Enable Quicksave and Quickload
bind "f5" "save save1" bind "f9" "load save1"
- Allows you to use either the Grapple or Stim ability in the campaign instead of Cloak by adding a "Switch Ability" option in the controls menu that still lets you select Cloak, which requires a level restart to apply.
- Requires Icepick to enable the mod
- Disables multiplayer while Icepick is enabled. Just launch the game normally to play without mods.
- Adds the ability to host and join private or dedicated servers, with multiple new gamemodes and enhancements.
- Now supports Attrition.
- Disables campaign while running, but does not override base Titanfall 2 files, and is launched separately. Campaign is still playable as normal as a result.
|Operating system (OS)||7||8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i3-3600||Intel Core i5-6600|
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB||16 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||45 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 |
AMD Radeon HD 7850
DirectX 11 compatible
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
AMD Radeon RX 480
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/1237970/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (1237970) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- ↑ E3 2016: Respawn Talks Content Variety, Reworked Engine in Titanfall 2 - Hardcore Gamer - last accessed on 2016-10-23
- "On Titanfall we started with the Source engine; we replaced the renderer, we replaced the audio system, we replaced the net code. What we have now is very different from that. We have stuck with the Titanfall engine, but we did a lot of rendering improvements.There has been a whole bunch of areas where we make big changes to the engine, so there’s not a lot of Source left; we continue to rip out chunks and rewrite chunks and make it do exactly what we want to get out of this engine, and get the performance what we’re looking for."
- ↑ dsogaming.com - Titanfall 2 developer hopes that pirates will enjoy the SP and buy the game for its MP mode - last accessed on 2017-07-21
- ↑ Verified by User:Aday on 2018-11-10
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5giiux/psa_you_can_disable_the_144fps_cap_with_a_mixture/
- ↑ titanfall 2 resolution issue - last accessed on 2016-10-01
- ↑ Titanfall 2 - WSGF - last accessed on 2017-02-08
- ↑ TF2 - Disabling Depth of Field : titanfall - last accessed on 2018-11-10
- ↑ PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- ↑ Verified by User:Suicide machine on 2021-09-04
- Copy bought on Origin itself. May apply to keys as well, based on experiences from Battlefield: Hardline and Need for Speed Payback.
- ↑ How to change language to English in Titanfall 2 (Region locked language) : titanfall - last accessed on 2021-10-27
- ↑ Titanfall 2 Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide | GeForce
- ↑ reddit.com - (PC) Is there a way to remove film grain effect ? : titanfall - last accessed on 2017-07-21
- ↑ Reddit comment by dev about launch options
- ↑ Youtube - how to setup quicksaves in titanfall 2
- ↑ PCGamer - Titanfall 2's best mode comes to Northstar's fan-run servers
- ↑ Northstar Installers :: R2Northstar Wiki
- ↑ Manual installation :: R2Northstar Wiki