Mega Man X8
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Windows||March 10, 2005|
|Mega Man X|
|Subseries of Mega Man|
|Mega Man X||1995|
|Mega Man X3||1997|
|Mega Man X4||1998|
|Mega Man X5||2002|
|Mega Man X6||2003|
|Mega Man X8||2005|
|Mega Man X Legacy Collection||2018|
|Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2||2018|
- Was not released physically in North American territories.
- Supports higher resolutions, enhanced sound, and other improvements compared to the PlayStation 2 version.
- Limited video settings.
- Some releases of the game are sold on one or two discs. The 2-disc versions contains support for multiple languages whereas the single-disc versions does not.
- This game was re-released with Mega Man X5, Mega Man X6, and Mega Man X7 as part of Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
- A demo is available here. The demo only supports English and Japanese.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||See the WSGF entry.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||Frame-rate is capped at 60 FPS.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Player movement, navigator, and menu keys cannot be remapped.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Uses DirectInput.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||Requires pressing Tab ↹ to switch between keyboard and controller remapping under Controls tab. Confirm is bound to the Dash and Cancel is bound to Jump.|
|Controller sensitivity||Digital movement.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Button prompts||Not shown in-game, but controller buttons are referenced by number in the Options menu.|
|Separate volume controls||BGM, SE.|
|Mute on focus lost||Game is paused when out of focus.|
- Language selected during installation changes the options available in-game.
|Russian||Fan translation by «DK team»|
|Shader Model support||1.4|
- No middleware information; you can to add it.
|Operating system (OS)||98||ME, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz
AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz
|Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB||256 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1 GB||1.6 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 64 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 8.1 compatible
|128 MB of VRAM|