Watch Dogs: Legion
|Windows||October 29, 2020|
|Microtransactions||Boost, Cosmetic, Currency, Unlock|
|Genres||Action, Open world|
|Vehicles||Automobile, Motorcycle, Naval/watercraft|
|Watch Dogs 2||2016|
|Watch Dogs: Legion||2020|
Watch Dogs: Legion, unlike the prior games in the series, forgoes having a set protagonist and instead allows any citizen of its representation of London to be recruited and played, with the characters playing differently depending on their occupation and other randomly generated elements with the help of technology such as voice modulation. Alongside this system, an optional "permadeath" mode can be enabled on any difficulty. The game uses an upgraded version of the series' Disrupt engine, with the features including HDR display support, hardware ray tracing effects, ultra-widescreen and multi-monitor support, an unlocked framerate and Nvidia's DLSS technology.
Announced at E3 2019, the game was originally set to release on March 6, 2020, however by October 2019 it was delayed to an unspecified date in the following financial year. The final release date of October 29, 2020 was announced during the July 2020 Ubisoft Forward event.
Post-release plans for the game included various free content updates which added four-player co-op missions, versus multiplayer modes, new characters and new missions, with a New Game Plus mode being added in the future. A paid story expansion titled Bloodline, featuring the protagonist of the first game in the series, is scheduled to release as well.
|Epic Games Store||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, and Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Green Man Gaming||Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, and Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Humble Store||Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, and Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Ubisoft Store|| Gold Edition and Ultimate Edition also available.
Included with Ubisoft+.
- Pre-orders include the Golden King Pack.
- Standard Edition contains the base game.
- Gold Edition includes the Season Pass.
- Ultimate Edition includes all Gold Edition content and the Ultimate Pack.
- Collector's Edition includes all Ultimate Edition content with premium packaging, an exclusive steelbook case, LED statuette, three stickers and two posters.
DLC and expansion packs
|Season Pass||Includes Bloodline expansion, four hero characters, three DedSec story missions, an exclusive car skin and Watch Dogs Complete Edition.|
|Golden King Pack||Golden cosmetic skins for vehicles and weapons and the Uneasy Lies mask. Included with pre-orders.|
|Ultimate Pack|| Three unique characters, three additional masks and four weeks of VIP Status (currency and online experience boost). Included in the Ultimate Edition.
The VIP Status is not included with the Ubisoft+ version of the game.
|HD Textures Pack||Automatically added to library upon purchase.|
|Boost||In-game currency and a map showing all collectables can be purchased from the in-game store using WD Credits.|
|Cosmetic||Cosmetics can be purchased from the in-game store using WD Credits.|
|Currency||WD Credits can be purchased in bundles for real money, at a base rate of 100 WD Credits per 1 US dollar.|
|Unlock||Operatives with unique appearances and personalities can be purchased from the in-game store using WD Credits.|
Configuration file(s) location
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Watch Dogs Legion\WD3_GamerProfile.xml
Save game data location
|Epic Games Launcher|
|Ubisoft Connect||Saves can be transferred between PC and Google Stadia, but must be uploaded and downloaded in-game.|
|Multi-monitor|| Hor+ gameplay. FMVs and menus are pillarboxed.
In-game HUD can be centered at 16:9 ratio or stretched to all screens.
|Ultra-widescreen||Hor+ gameplay and in-engine cutscenes. FMVs and menus are pillarboxed.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Ranges from 70-110°.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Windowed borderless, fullscreen borderless and multi-monitor borderless options available.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA, SMAA and TAA. DLSS is also supported with four quality presets.
TAA is forced on when Reflections are set to High or Ultra, Ambient Occlusion is enabled or Temporal Upscaling is set below 100%.
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Options to sync to the refresh rate or half the refresh rate.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Framerate is uncapped.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||Options for Peak Brightness and Paper White.|
|Ray tracing||Supports ray-traced reflections via DXR.|
|Color blind mode||Settings for protanopia, deuteranopia and tritanopia color blindness.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Keyboard layout can also be manually specified in game.|
|Mouse sensitivity||Separate options for look, aim and driving camera sensitivity.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Option to invert X-axis is also present.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||Three custom layouts can be saved.|
|Controller sensitivity||Separate options for look and aim sensitivity.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Option to invert X-axis is also present.|
|XInput-compatible controllers||Xbox Bluetooth controller support is non functional.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts|
|Light bar support|
|Connection modes||Wired, Bluetooth, V2
V2 tested, official wireless adapter not supported.
Rebinding using a DualShock 4
|Separate volume controls||Master, Music, Dialogue, SFX and Chat Sound.|
|Subtitles||Option to enable for all spoken dialogue or only for mission-related dialogue.|
|Closed captions||Captions in cutscene subtitles are dialogue-related only.
Gameplay Events CC option shows visual description of game audio with a directional indicator on the right side of the screen.
|Mute on focus lost|
|English||Voice command and speech-to-text settings support English only.|
|Turkish||Fan translation, Watch Dogs Legion Türkçe Yama.|
|Latin American Spanish|
|Online play||8||Co-op, Versus
Added in an update in March 2021.
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|TCP||80, 443, 9003|
- This game supports Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) for automatic port configuration.
|Tobii Eye Tracking|
Lower than expected performance on some systems
- Some systems are seeing lower than expected performance, with little to no performance improvement running at lower graphics settings, resolutions or with DLSS enabled on Nvidia RTX graphics cards, and hardware not being fully utilised.
|Change the DirectX setting to DirectX 11|
Randomly crashing on some systems
Game is not saving correctly
- The game sometimes autosaves incorrectly, leading to loss of some progress, such as completed missions or operator unlocks, or corruption.
|Use the in-game cloud save upload and download options as a potential workaround|
|Set process core affinity to one core when quitting to main menu|
Tragic-Ivy error, can't connect to online servers
|Re-enable Ubisoft Connect's overlay|
Low end configuration
|Set hidden settings|
|Operating system (OS)||10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 GHz
|Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB (Dual-channel)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||45 GB||45 GB (+ 20 GB for HD Textures)|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 |
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650
AMD Radeon R9 290X
4 GB of VRAM
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
AMD Radeon RX 480
6 GB of VRAM
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- Requirements listed are for 1080p resolutions using DirectX 12. Additional requirements for Ultra graphics settings, ray tracing, 2K, and 4K resolutions are listed on the Ubisoft website.
- NGON - Watch Dogs: Legion PC Specs & Features - last accessed on 2020-10-19
- Twinfinite - Watch Dogs Legion Interview: Creative Director Discusses Picking London, Voice Acting, Permadeath & More - last accessed on 2020-10-28
- GameSpot - Watch Dogs: Legion's Permadeath Is Totally Optional - last accessed on 2020-10-28
- Eurogamer - Ubisoft delays Watch Dogs Legion, Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine - last accessed on 2020-10-28
- IGN - Watch Dogs Legion Gets October Release Date - last accessed on 2020-10-28
- Ubisoft - Watch Dogs: Legion – New Story Details and Post-Launch Plans Revealed - last accessed on 2020-10-15
- Ubisoft Forums - Contents of editions, season pass, and ULCs - last accessed on 2020-10-30
- "*Please note, the Four Weeks of VIP Status is not included in the Ultimate edition of Watch Dogs: Legion available on UPLAY+."
- Ubisoft - Season Pass and Monetization in Watch Dogs: Legion - last accessed on 2020-10-20
- Ubisoft - Transferring your Watch Dogs: Legion progress between PC and Stadia - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- NGON - Watch Dogs: Legion PC Settings Breakdown - last accessed on 2020-10-22
- Verified by User:Shadowstealer7 on 2020-10-29
- Tested 21:9 ultrawidescreen at 2560x1080 resolution.
- Verified by User:Shadowstealer7 on 2020-10-29
- Changing the antialiasing to any option but TAA changes the settings mentioned to off for ambient occlusion and upscaling and Medium for Reflections. Changing those options back changes the antialiasing setting back to TAA
- Ubisoft - Watch Dogs: Legion PC Specs Revealed - last accessed on 2020-09-15
- Digital Foundry - Watch Dogs Legion PC Hands-On: Next-Gen Ray Tracing Features Previewed - last accessed on 2020-07-14
- PC Gamer - Watch Dogs: Legion's online co-op mode is now live on PC - last accessed on 2021-04-07
- Ubisoft Forums - Connection Troubleshooting - last accessed on 2020-10-30
- /r/Watch_Dogs Subreddit - MEGA THREAD: Watch Dogs Legion PC Specs and Performance Compare - last accessed on 2020-10-30
- ResetEra - Watch Dogs: Legion PC performance thread - last accessed on 2020-10-29
- /r/Watch_Dogs Subreddit - PC Performance Thread - last accessed on 2020-10-29
- /r/pcgaming Subreddit - WARNING: Watch Dogs: Legion currently has terrible PC performance issues - last accessed on 2020-10-29
- Ubisoft Forums - Rtx 3080 + ryzen 3900x with 60% gpu usage! Whatttt!!!!! - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Verified by User:Shadowstealer7 on 2020-10-29
- Changing the game to run in DX11 saw an improvement on my system, up to 20 FPS more than DX12 on the same scene in some isolated instances, and has been reported by other users in both the referenced threads and the Watch Dogs Discord server as well.
- Ubisoft Forums - Unable to Play due to constant Crashing - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Ubisoft Forums - Constant crashing and poor performance - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Ubisoft Forums - PC crashes since update - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Ubisoft Forums - Unplayable AFTER the patch - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Ubisoft Forums - Autosave broken - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Ubisoft Forums - Lost my spy - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Ubisoft Forums - Proof that the save system does not work (with explanation and pictures) - last accessed on 2020-10-31
- Ubisoft Forums - Workaround for autosave issue when going back to the main menu - last accessed on 2020-11-01
- Verified by User:Shadowstealer7 on 2020-11-01
- I haven't had any data loss from incorrect saving so far, but changing the core affinity as described did decrease the amount of time needed for the game to save before loading back to the menu, and extremely long save times at this point appear to be causing some of the reported issues.
- Error code Tragic-Ivy in Watch Dogs: Legion - Ubisoft Support
- How to play Watch Dogs Legion on a low end PCs! - YouTube
- /r/Watch_Dogs Subreddit - Is there a way to disable BattlEye? - last accessed on 2020-10-29