From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||May 14, 2019|
- The game does not work on CPUs with less than 4 physical cores. See Game doesn't start on CPUs with less than 4 physical cores for a potential workaround.
|Retail||Collector's Edition also available.|
|Amazon.com||Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition (physical only) also available.|
|Bethesda.net||Deluxe Edition also available. Can be launched without Bethesda.net Launcher after a one-time online validation.|
|Epic Games Store|| DRM-free when launched directly from executable using the
|GamersGate||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Gamesplanet||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Green Man Gaming||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Humble Store||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Microsoft Store||Included with Xbox Game Pass for PC.|
|Steam||An optional Bethesda.net account can be used to unlock community features. Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM was removed in an update released on May 16, 2019.|
- Includes the following DLCs: Rise of the Ghosts Expansion, Doom BFG weapon, Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes, Battle Standard and Progress Booster.
- Requires a Bethesda.net account to activate extra content regardless of where game is purchased.
- Bethesda.net may need to be contacted for a representative to manually confirm the transaction if item is purchased outside of the Rage 2 in-game store.
- Physical copies only. Includes everything the Deluxe Edition includes along with various physical bonus items.
DLC and expansion packs
|Cult of the Death God Mission||Pre-order bonus mission|
|Nicholas Raine Armor||Pre-order bonus armor|
|Mutant Monster Truck Skin||Pre-order bonus truck skin|
|Settler Pistol||Pre-order bonus weapon|
|Rise of the Ghosts||Expansion|
|Doom BFG||Weapon exclusive to Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition.|
|Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes||Cheat codes exclusive to Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition.|
|Battle Standard||Item exclusive to Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition.|
|Progress Booster||Item exclusive to Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition.|
- DLC is only available via the in-game store by purchasing RAGE Coins.
|Cosmetic||Weapon skins can be bought using RAGE Coins. Some are exclusive to the store, others can also be earned by playing the game.|
|Currency||RAGE Coins are a real money purchase and cannot be earned in-game. They are used to purchase cosmetics and expansions from the in-game store.|
|Time-limited||Cosmetics, 3 weapon skins exclusive to Twitch Prime subscribers.|
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\id Software\Rage 2\settings.ini|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/548570/pfx/[Note 1]|
Save game data location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\id Software\Rage 2\Saves\|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/548570/pfx/[Note 1]|
- 3 autosave slots + 12 manual save slots available.
|Multi-monitor||Some users have reported issues with triple screen solutions.|
|Ultra-widescreen||21:9 and 32:9 are supported using Hor+. Cutscenes and menus are pillarboxed.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||50-120°|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||On/Off for terrain textures only.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Off, FXAA, TAA, and FXAA+TAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Available actions do not allow for the ESDF control scheme. Air vehicle controls forward and backward are hard-coded to W+S. During racetrack races, reset vehicle is hard-coded to E. Mouse 4 and 5 are referred to as Mouse 7 and 8.|
|Mouse acceleration||Negative mouse acceleration no longer present after Update 1.|
|Mouse sensitivity||Separate limited settings for regular sensitivity and aim down sight sensitivity (10-100% with no decimals for precision). ADS scales based on standard sensitivity, e.g. setting both low results in incredibly slow ADS. Set ADS to 100% to match standard sensitivity.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||4 presets for ground control, 3 presets for vehicle control.|
|Controller sensitivity||Separate X and Y sensitivity. Camera deadzone can also be adjusted.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||No native support, configure the controller through Steam.|
|Generic/other controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Haptic feedback||Can be disabled.|
|Separate volume controls||Music, SFX, and Voice.|
|Surround sound||Always uses center channel for story voice-over in addition to actual position of the audio source.|
|Subtitles||Audio and text language can be set separately (only from the main menu). Speaker names displayed.|
|Closed captions||Only during dialogue.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Latin American Spanish|
Can't initiate final mission
- After completing all the requirements for the final part of the "Project Dagger" questline, the following mission does not unlock, preventing any further progress.
- There is no clear cause as to why this happens, as such it is advised to use multiple save slots and save before finishing each of the last steps of the missions (returning and speaking to the mission NPCs). That way it is possible to try again with an earlier savegame if the bug occurs.
- Due to a bug the games difficulty may reset back to easy on game load or saved game load. However the menu will still show "hard" or "nightmare" when the game is actually set to easy.
|Set difficulty to easy. Go back into the game. Set difficulty to hard or nightmare. Apply this fix every time the game loads. Some reports suggest player might have to go to another settlement to actually see the changes.|
- If the playback device sample rate is set to something higher than 44100 Hz, or the bit depth is set to anything higher than 16 bit, some sounds might not play.
|Lower the playback device sample rate and bit depth|
Overdrive not charging
- In some cases, Overdrive does not charge when killing enemies or using an Overdrive Infuser.
- It may be caused by missing a prompt to activate it during the tutorial.
- It may also be related to remapping the Overdrive key before playing the tutorial.
- If the frame rate is higher than 120 fps, the map becomes very difficult to navigate because of the scrolling speed being tied to the frame rate.
|Externally limit the frame rate through your GPU driver or other software|
Game doesn't start on CPUs with less than 4 physical cores
- For a list of known problems and solutions, see the official community forums.
Constantly teleported back on track
- During races, the player can be constantly teleported back onto the track even when staying in the middle of the road.
|Remap movement keys to WASD|
Game crashes on Core 2 Quad
|Nop the POPCNT instruction|
|Use prepatched executable with debug mode|
Corrupted graphics or screen flickering
|Disable async compute|
|Enable in-game Vsync|
|Turn 'Optimize for Compute Performance' to OFF under NVIDIA Control Panel.|
Disable async compute
- Depending on the GPU model and utilization, the state of async compute can have an impact on overall FPS and frametimes.
|Operating system (OS)||7||8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5-3570
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
|Intel Core i7-4770
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||50 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 |
AMD Radeon R9 280
3 GB of VRAM
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
8 GB of VRAM
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/548570/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (548570) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- RAGE 2 Will Be Powered By Avalanche Studios’ Apex Engine, Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed « Video Game News, Reviews, Walkthroughs And Guides – GamingBolt - last accessed on 2018-06-12
- Verified by User:unknownproject on 2019-10-04
- RAGE 2 тест GPU/CPU | GameGPU
- Rage 2 – wydajność procesorów | PCLab.pl
- Verified by User:Aemony on 2019-05-14
- Epic Store games you can play without the Epic Launcher - last accessed on 2021-02-23
- Steam Community - RAGE 2 - Family sharing and Bethesda account - last accessed on 2019-05-14
- Steam Community - RAGE 2 - PC Hotfix (5.16.19) - last accessed on 2019-05-16
- Master List for Skins :: RAGE 2 General Discussions - last accessed on 2020-05-24
- RAGE 2 Twitch Prime Rewards: - last accessed on 2020-05-24
- Rage 2 multimonitor issues - last accessed on 2019-05-15
- RAGE 2 - Steam System Specs - last accessed on 2019-05-03
- Verified by User:Rose on 2020-05-11
- Tested at the native screen resolution of 2560x1080.
- Mouse Deceleration is a major issue that must be exposed - last accessed on 2019-05-16
- Verified by User:Waschbär on 2020-05-27
- Bug Reporting: Project Dagger :: RAGE 2 General Discussions - last accessed on 2020-05-24
- Hard/Nightmare Modes Too Easy Bug FIX - last accessed on 2019-05-23
- "Quite a few People have notcied that the game is a breeze, even on the hardest difficulty, one shotting enemies etc the reason for this is the intended values reset back to easy on game relog/restart, however keeping the players chosen difficulty making it seem nothing is wrong."
- Overdrive not working - Community Forums for Bethesda - last accessed on 2019-05-16
- RAGE 2 - A Week After Launch :: RAGE 2 General Discussions - last accessed on 2020-05-24
- Steam Community Discussion - Any workaround to "teleported back on track" bug in Chaz races?, comment #10 - last accessed on 2021-04-11
- outdated ? · Issue #1 · unknownproject/Rage2 - GitHub - last accessed on 2020-05-24 via Archive.org
- Rage 2 - v.1.7 POC Debug Mode and Slow CPU fixes.
- Artifacts and flickering with vsync off :: RAGE 2 General Discussions - last accessed on 2021-02-28
- Rage 2 im Technik-Test: GPU-Benchmarks mit Frametimes - ComputerBase - last accessed on 2020-05-22 via Google translate
- Verified by User:Waschbär on 2020-05-22
- Up to 30% FPS increase on AMD RX580 8GB with driver 20.3.1 on W7. May also be some sort of driver/game bug.1
- RAGE 2 and AMD PhenomII 64 Quad core Black edition :: Steam Community Discussions