MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
|Unreal Engine 4|
|Windows||December 10, 2019|
|Subseries of BattleTech|
|MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat||1995|
|MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries||1996|
|MechWarrior 4: Vengeance||2000|
|MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries||2002|
|MechWarrior: Living Legends (unofficial game)||2009|
|MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries||2019|
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is a singleplayer first-person vehicle combat game featuring robots or 'mechs', and is the last 'mainline' singeplayer game in the MechWarrior series since MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries was released in 2002.
The game was initially announced on December 3, 2016 and was set to be released in 2018. In 2018, the scheduled launch was delayed until 2019, and was made available to pre-order for a planned Steam release on September 10, 2019. On July 25, 2019, Piranha Games announced that the game would release "exclusively" on the Epic Games Store and pre-order players could apply for a refund. Pre-order players also received access to a closed beta, which became available on November 26, 2019.
Modding is supported with an official Mod Editor tool, which requires a valid game purchase on the Epic Games Store. Mods can be hosted and downloaded through the related page on Epic Games Store, accessible from the launcher. Nexus Mods also has an active modding scene.
|Epic Games Store|| Requires Epic Games Launcher to be running for co-op.
Digital Deluxe Edition is also available.
|Microsoft Store||Xbox Game Pass for PC|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Multi-monitor||Vert- gameplay. See Field of view (FOV).|
|Ultra-widescreen||Vert- gameplay with an FOV slider to compensate. See Field of view (FOV) for more.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||60° to 120° for Mech Cockpit Field of View and Mech Third Person Field of View. See Field of view (FOV) to increase beyond 120°.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||2x-16x|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Options to choose are Low, Medium, High and Maximum.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Uncapped.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
Modify config file to increase Mech FOV beyond in-game settings
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse sensitivity||Vertical and Horizontal axis.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||A gamepad cannot be used to navigate menus, and during out-of-mech FPS sections, only strafing works.|
|Controller remapping||Face buttons and d-pad can be remapped, but movement and stick functions cannot be changed. For unsupported HOTAS controllers, see
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Controlled by Invert Y Axis for mouse and keyboard bindings. Inverting mouse look is necessary for look controls to be non-inverted on a gamepad.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|Separate volume controls||Music, Sound Effects and Voice.|
|Surround sound||7.0 surround.|
|Subtitles||Gameplay and in-engine cutscenes only.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Spanish||Fan translation, download.|
|Direct3D||11, 12||Support for Nvidia's RTX ray-tracing technology via DXR, which requires D3D12, will be launched at a later date.|
|Operating system (OS)||7, 8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i3-7100
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
|Intel Core i7-6700K
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB||16 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||55 GB||55 GB (SSD)|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 |
AMD Radeon R9 280X
DirectX 11 compatible
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
AMD RX Vega 56
- A 64-bit system is required.
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced at Mech_Con 2016 - last accessed on 2020-05-10
- https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/22/17493238/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-delay-2019 - last accessed on 2020-05-10
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries launches in September 2019 - last accessed on 2020-05-10
- FAQ - last accessed on 2020-05-11
- DEVELOPMENT UPDATE Jul 25, 2019 - last accessed on 2020-05-10
- "It has been officially announced that Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries will now be releasing on December 10th 2019 exclusively on the Epic Games Store... Fans looking to obtain refunds from their pre-order of any tier are able to do so by September 1st. Pre-order refunds of any tier will be refunded in full."
- Get Ready for the MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Beta - last accessed on 2020-05-11
- [ ] - last accessed on 2020-05-10
- "The Microsoft Store version of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries does not currently support Mods. We intend to update the Microsoft Store version of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries to support mods. This update would take place before the end of 2020."
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Modding Resources - last accessed on 2020-05-11
- "Our goal is to streamline the creating, sharing and installing mods to be within one ecosystem. We still have some work to do regarding the packaging and distribution of mods and we aim to have that work completed before the end of February. Additionally, we look forward to Epic Games creating the functionally that allows our users to share and distribute mods through the Epic Games Launcher. Until then Nexus Mods is a great place to find and share MechWarrior 5 Mods."
- Epic Store games you can play without the Epic Launcher - last accessed on 2020-07-05
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries official Discord - #general-discussion channel - last accessed on 2019-12-15
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - PC Ultra Quality (3440x1440) - last accessed on 2019-12-10
- Verified by User:Expack3 on 2019-12-20
- Verified by User:Expack3 on 2019-12-14
- Verified by User:Expack3 on 2019-12-15
- Tested using Orban Loudness Meter.
- WCCFTech - MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Won’t Support NVIDIA RTX and DLSS at Launch - last accessed on 2019-12-11
- "As to RTX, we just found out yesterday that we're not going to have RTX at launch. There is a large committed effort to bring RTX to MechWarrior as soon as possible post-release. I am afraid that is all the details I have on the matter as of this time. Since our game release is so close to the Christmas break I would expect there to be an update very early in the new year."