MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Microsoft Game Studios|
|Windows||November 7, 2002|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
|Subseries of BattleTech|
|MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat||1995|
|MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries||1996|
|MechWarrior 4: Vengeance||2000|
|MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries||2002|
|MechWarrior: Living Legends (unofficial game)||2009|
|MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries||2019|
- Comes with all 'Mechs from the MechWarrior 4: Vengeance's expansion
- Compatible with MechWarrior 4: Vengeance's Mech Packs.
- No longer available as freeware.
- BattleTech Wiki - A massive wiki for everything BattleTech related
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries on TheGameEngine.org - solving some technical issues.
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- This game is no longer available digitally.
Skip intro videos
- Add the argument: /gosnovideo
- In 2003, the retail game received its first and only patch: MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Point Release 1 (PR1).
Free release (from Medtek)
- 51.03.01.0017 (2010-04): game + first patch.
- 51.03.01.0021 (2010-05): game + first patch + latests ATI and Nvidia Cards support.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||False for retail; true for Free Release (abandoned project mektech offered High Definition Patch).|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Toggle with Alt+↵ Enter.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||On/off only; set in the launcher.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Music and Sound Effects.|
|Mute on focus lost|
"Your current hardware or driver setup is not compatible with MechWarrior 4" error
- When attempting to run the game on a modern Nvidia or AMD GPU you may receive the error "Your current hardware or driver setup is not compatible with MechWarrior 4..."; you may also be prevented from selecting your graphics card in the
|Operating system (OS)||98, ME, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||700 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1 GB
3 GB (Free Release)
|Video card (GPU)||16 MB of VRAM|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Before posting on MechWarrior4 - General Discussion - MekTek Community
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Using DXwnd to run MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries on Nvidia GPUs : mechwarrior