From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
Although this product has been released, it remains under active development - information may change frequently and could be outdated or irrelevant.
|Unity 2017[Note 1]|
|Windows||September 28, 2020|
|Microtransactions||Cosmetic, Currency, Infinite spend, Free-to-grind, Loot box, Time-limited|
|Genres||Action, Open world, RPG|
- This game requires a constant internet connection for all game modes.
|Official website||Global server|
|Official website|| Chinese server
|Official website|| Chinese server
|Epic Games Store||Global server|
- Requires a HoYoverse account on the Global server and a MiHoYo account on the Chinese server.
- Game installs proprietary anti-cheat driver (HoYoKProtect.sys) that runs along with the game.
- The game is also downloadable on PC via Google Play.
- All versions require a constant internet connection for all game modes.
|Free-to-play||Game is free-to-play with microtransactions in the form of currency purchases.|
|Subscription||Players can purchase a subscription called the Blessing of the Welkin Moon, which grants 300 Genesis Crystals upon purchase, and also gives 90 Primogems every day the player logs in. The Blessing can be purchased multiple times, each time granting 300 Primogems and extending the duration of the subscription by 30 days up to 180 days.|
|Cosmetic||Outfits for 5-star characters cost Genesis Crystals. Outfits for 4-star characters are initially available as event rewards (along with the character), then cost Genesis Crystals after the event. Two new outfits are added every six months.|
|Currency||Real money is used to purchase Genesis Crystals, which can be converted to Primogems at a 1-to-1 rate or used to purchase item bundles in the in-game shop. Primogems are used to purchase Fates, which are then used to purchase gacha rolls, which is the only way to obtain the vast majority of characters in the game.|
|Free-to-grind||Players can earn Primogems through completing events and daily quests, obtaining achievements, and opening chests found throughout the world, among other methods. Players also directly earn Fates through ascending characters and grinding the free battle pass.|
|Loot box||New characters and weapons can be obtained through a gacha system using Fates to purchase rolls.|
|Time-limited||Limited-time gacha "banners" rotate every three weeks, offering the choice of 2 banner-exclusive 5-star characters alongside three rate-boosted 4-star characters. Banner-exclusive 5-star characters repeat every few months. New 4-star characters are initially exclusive to the limited-time banners, then become available in the permanent gacha banner in the following version.|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Epic Games Launcher|
- Cross-save is available with the console and mobile versions of the game.
|Ultra-widescreen|| UI is anchored to use the entire screen, and doesn't have dead-zone/centering options.
31:9 resolutions have issues at the start of the game when entering the name, the confirm button won't be visible. Change the resolution to fix this.
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||May be too low for some people to play without suffering simulation sickness.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||This is actually the normal fullscreen behaviour, but the game will automatically minimize its window on focus loss without the
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x (setting added in Version 2.2)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||None, SMAA, and SSAA via Render Resolution setting (with 1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x, 1.4x, 1.5x multipliers)|
|High-fidelity upscaling||FSR 2.0
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS||Choice between 30, 45, and 60 FPS caps.|
|120+ FPS||Removed after beta. When Vsync is disabled, only splash and warning screens prior to the title screen run at an unlocked framerate. FPS can be unlocked using third-party tool. See Unlocking the Frame rate (FPS).|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Ray tracing (RT)|
- The game engine may allow for manual configuration of the game via its variables. See the Unity page for more details.
|Genshin Impact FPS Unlocker|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Fixed as of Version 1.1. Mouse left and right buttons are hard mapped to attack and dash respectively. (You get an "error" notification when trying to change the mapping)|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse smoothing is force enabled, alongside the vertical and horizontal mouse sensitivity being different.|
|Mouse sensitivity||Separate sliders for "Camera Sensitivity" and "Camera Sensitivity (Aimed Shot Mode)" are available. Vertical Sensitivity is 75% lower than Horizontal (50% in Aimed Shot Mode), with no option to change.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Touchscreen optimised||Buttons can be tapped but no left stick for movement.
Not working in "Console mode".
|Controller support||Switching to "Controller" will change the game to "Console mode" with UI optimized for console.|
|Full controller support||The title screen only supports keyboard input, and a keyboard is required to input main character's name.|
|Controller remapping||Added in Version 1.1 update. Only the face buttons and the rightmost shoulder buttons can be remapped. Japanese-style layout is used for "Confirm" and "Cancel" buttons by default (O/B to select and X/A to cancel), but can be changed as of Version 1.1. Using Aimed Shot requires the usage of either the Elemental Skill or Normal Attack Button, which makes manual aiming awkward when mapping those actions to the Face Buttons.|
|Controller sensitivity||Separate sliders for "Camera Sensitivity" and "Camera Sensitivity (Aimed Shot Mode)" are available. Vertical Sensitivity is 50% lower than Horizontal, with no option to change.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||Touchpad is used for text chat in co-op. Since the v2.2 update, DualSense is supported with working adaptive triggers and haptic feedback when using wired connection, but requires the controller to be connected before starting the game.|
|DualShock button prompts|
|Light bar support|
|Connection modes||Wired, Wireless, DualSense, DualSense Edge
DualSense only support wired connection.
|Controller hotplugging||While hotplugging is possible, manually setting the control type option to "Controller" will be needed after plugging in.|
|Haptic feedback||Added in version 1.2|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||Only one control method can be used. Changing the "Control Type" setting to an input method not currently connected requires restarting.|
|Separate volume controls||Sliders for Master, Music, Dialogue, and SFX. Can be set in intervals of 1, from 0-10.|
|Surround sound||Supports up to 6.0. Works with 5.1 and 7.1 fine too.|
|Subtitles||Key story sequences only, cannot be disabled.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Latin American Spanish|
Available after reaching Adventure Rank 16.
Installer will not open
|Extract the launcher file|
|(Macbook only) Disable graphics card temporarily|
|Run the game in exclusive fullscreen mode|
|Check for network devices anomalies|
|Disable Corsair's iCUE utility|
G-Sync / Variable Refresh Rate Does Not Work
|Run the game in exclusive fullscreen mode [See: #Stuttering for details]|
|Use Special K to force proper DXGI Flip Model Support|
|Operating system (OS)||7 SP1, 8.1, 10||10, 11|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5 4th Gen or equivalent||Intel Core i7 7th Gen or higher|
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB||16 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||120 GB||120 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 |
Intel UHD Graphics 630
DirectX 11 compatible
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
6 GB of VRAM
DirectX 11 compatible
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- Windows 10 dev builds are currently not supported.
- Verified by User:max20091 on 2020-09-15
- Genshin Impact FAQ - last accessed on 2020-09-10
- FreeMMOStation - Is Genshin Impact Cross Save Between Every Platform? - last accessed on 2020-09-28
- Verified by User:DAOWAce on 2020-11-20
- Misinformation of the "default camera distance" setting added in the 1.1 update. Also reports of multiple people suffering motion sickness since launch; myself and a couple friends included.
- "Akasha Pulses, the Kalpa Flame Rises" Version 3.2 Update Details - last accessed on May 2023
- Genshin Impact (PC) Dungeon benchmark, Max setting 140 FPS unlock - I7 4790K RTX2060 16GB Ram. - YouTube - last accessed on May 2023
- Verified by User:KingKrouch on 2020-09-28
- Tested using an FPS overlay and with VSync disabled.
- GitHub - last accessed on May 2023
- Verified by User:MasterBlaster on 2020-11-14
- "Into the Perilous Labyrinth of Fog" Version 2.2 Update Notice - Genshin Impact official site - last accessed on May 2023
- Verified by User:MasterBlaster on 2020-11-15
- Tested in 7.1 using Orban Loudness Meter in conjunction with Razer Surround.
- Genshin Impact Installer will not open/run (fix) - last accessed on 2020-10-05
- How to get Genshin Impact on Macbook - last accessed on 2020-09-26
- PSA: Freesync / G-Sync Issues : Genshin_Impact - Reddit - last accessed on 9 June 2023
- odaleon comments on Genshin Impact PC Stuttering : Genshin_Impact - Reddit - last accessed on 9 June 2023
- suronal comments on How can I fix stutters in Genshin Impact? : lowspecgamer - Reddit - last accessed on May 2023
- Genshin Impact FPS drop PC - a potential fix [ EN / FR ] : Genshin_Impact - Reddit - last accessed on 9 June 2023