Persona 5 Strikers
|Bonus Content App||Unity|
|Windows||February 23, 2021|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase, DLC|
|Genres||Hack and slash, RPG|
|Themes||Contemporary, Japan, Fantasy|
|Subseries of Megami Tensei|
|Megami Ibunroku Persona||1999|
|Persona 4 Golden||2020|
|Persona 5 Strikers||2021|
|Persona 4 Arena Ultimax||2022|
|Persona 5 Royal||2022|
|Persona 3 Portable||2023|
Persona 5 Strikers, known in Japan as Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers, is a hack and slash RPG developed by Omega Force and P-Studio, and published by Sega. It is a crossover between Atlus' Persona and Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series, incorporating elements of both series into its gameplay. The game is a direct sequel to Persona 5, taking place six months afterward.
Persona 5 Strikers released worldwide on Steam on February 23, 2021, one year following the game's original release in Japan, with the Digital Deluxe Edition, containing additional downloadable content, releasing five days earlier. The worldwide release was officially announced in December 2020, following a delay in localization due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reviews before the PC launch praised the game for being a port without any major issues and offering full control remapping for keyboard, mouse and controllers, however, some reviews were critical of the game assets not being designed for high resolution displays, its 60 FPS limit, and excessive loading times on solid-state drives.
|Digital Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Humble Store||Digital Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Steam||Digital Deluxe Edition also available.|
- Pre-orders include the Digital Bonus App, which contains behind-the-scenes video, a digital artbook and a digital soundtrack.
- Digital Deluxe Edition includes the Persona Legacy BGM and All-Out Attack Packs and early access to the game on February 19, 2021.
DLC and expansion packs
|All-Out Attack Pack||Boost Skills Pack, Basic Affinity Pack, Armor Pack, 10k Persona points, Enemy Debuff Skills Pack and Ally Buff Skills Pack.|
|Legacy BGM Pack||Includes music tracks from Revelations: Persona, Persona (PSP), Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden.|
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/1382330/pfx/[Note 1]|
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/1382330/pfx/[Note 1]|
|Widescreen resolution||Aspect ratios narrower than 16:9 are letterboxed.|
|Multi-monitor||Pillarboxed to 16:9 in fullscreen and borderless modes.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Pillarboxed to 16:9. See the related WSGF post for a workaround.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Toggle available for post-process anti-aliasing.
SSAA available via the Rendering Scale option, up to 2.0x.
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS||30 and 60 FPS caps selectable in-game.|
|120+ FPS||Capped to 60 FPS, but uncappable with this.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Ray tracing (RT)|
- The game engine may allow for manual configuration of the game via its variables. See the Unity page for more details.
Cel shading and HUD toggles
|Use Persona 5 Strikers 3D Vision fix|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Button prompts for actions will prioritize keyboard inputs over mouse inputs.|
|Mouse acceleration||Negative mouse acceleration is always enabled.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Labeled as Invert Vertical Camera.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Labeled as Invert Vertical Camera.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||DualSense seen as DualShock 4.|
|DualShock button prompts|
|Light bar support|
|Generic/other controllers||Nintendo Switch Pro Controller|
|Haptic feedback||Broken with PS4/DualSense unless you go into controller config after opening the game and closing it|
|Steam Input API support|
|Hook input (legacy mode)|
|Steam Controller button prompts|
|Separate volume controls||Master, Music (BGM), Sound Effects (SE), Voice, and Movie.|
|Surround sound||Up to 5.1 surround output.
Toggled by the Audio Output setting.
|Subtitles||The subtitles setting only affects cutscenes.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
Game crashes randomly
Infinite black screen
- The game may get stuck on a black screen, which can occur after a boss fight or when running the game in fullscreen or borderless windowed.
|Limit the game speed after a boss fight.|
|Run the game in windowed mode.|
|Use Alt+Tab ↹ to switch to another window and then return to the game.|
100% CPU usage / Freezing / Random frame drops and stutters
Does not work on intel 12th gen due to Denuvo
Analog controller input limited to 8 directions
- When moving using the left analog stick on the controller, the game only recognizes the 4 cardinal directions and diagonals, nothing in between.
This game is not available on your current operating system
|Ensure Steam is running without any Windows compatibility options enabled.|
Text and UI elements appear blurry
- Text, such as menus and subtitles, along with other UI elements, may appear blurry due to the post-process anti-aliasing solution in use.
|Disable anti-aliasing in the graphics settings.|
- No middleware information; you can to add it.
|Operating system (OS)||8.1||10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5-2300
|Intel Core i5-3470
|System memory (RAM)||6 GB||8 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||10 GB||20 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 |
AMD Radeon HD 7870
2 GB of VRAM
DirectX 11 compatible
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
AMD Radeon HD 7970
2 GB (Nvidia), 3 GB (AMD) of VRAM
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/1382330/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (1382330) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Gematsu - Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers first gameplay, new details - last accessed on 2021-02-15
- Anime News Network - Voice Actress: Western Release of Persona 5 Strikers Game Was Delayed Due to COVID-19 - last accessed on 2021-02-15
- PC Gamer - Persona 5 Strikers review - last accessed on 2021-02-22
- "At least it's a good port, just one clearly anchored to its console origins. The biggest bummer is the 60 fps cap, especially for an animation-heavy action game. Textures that look fine on native console resolutions stand out at much higher resolutions on PC, and not always in the best way."
- Game Rant - Persona 5 Strikers Review - last accessed on 2021-02-22
- "One surprising issue with the game's performance pre-launch are the load times, even on a high speed SSD on PC. Granted this is an issue that can be remedied with updates/patches, but booting up the game and the loading times between entering/exiting Jails are surprisingly abysmal."
- PCGamesN - Persona 5 Strikers review – hack-and-style - last accessed on 2021-02-22
- Verified by User:KingKrouch on 2021-02-19
- Tested different resolution and window modes with a 21:9 display.
- Verified by User:Shadowstealer7 on 2021-02-22
- Verified by User:Shadowstealer7 on 2021-02-24
- Tested using Razer Surround to emulate 7.1 output and checked outputs using Special K. Side channels showed no output, meaning the game only supports 5.1 output.
- Steam Community - "Please post your Persona 5 Strikers Bugs here", comment #511 - last accessed on 2021-02-21
- Steam Community - "Please post your Persona 5 Strikers Bugs here", comment #510 - last accessed on 2021-02-21
- Steam Community - Crashing when fast traveling - last accessed on 2021-02-21
- Steam Community - Crashing to Desktop - last accessed on 2021-02-21
- Steam Community - "Please post your Persona 5 Strikers Bugs here", comment #829 - last accessed on 2021-02-24
- Steam Community - For those with the Kyoto Black Screen Bug - last accessed on 2021-02-28
- Steam Community - "Please post your Persona 5 Strikers Bugs here", comment #836 - last accessed on 2021-02-24
- Steam Community - "Please try the open beta branch for Persona 5 Strikers!", comment #5 - last accessed on 2021-04-05
- Steam Community - "Does not work on intel 12th gen due to Denuvo" - last accessed on 2022-11-23
- Steam Community - "This game is not available on your current operating system", comment #46 - last accessed on 2021-02-21
- Steam Community - "Please post your Persona 5 Strikers Bugs here", comment #412 - last accessed on 2021-02-20
- Steam Community - Font looks compressed??? - last accessed on 2021-02-20