Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Idea Factory International|
|Windows||May 29, 2015|
- Offers some improvements over Re;Birth 1, including native borderless windowed mode, fix for analog sticks axial direction lock and fixed issues with cutscenes.
- Many fixes available for the Re;Birth 1 should work with Re;Birth 2, including Hyperresolution Neptunia mod.
- Games resolution option is for windowed mode only and game doesn't feature any other graphical settings. Use Hyperresolution Neptunia to increase either performance or visuals.
- Has pretty widespread issue, where FPS drops when Guard break is performed in combat.
- Official site
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
|Retail||Available with the Limited Edition Trilogy Pack. No install disc included.|
|Green Man Gaming|
DLC and expansion packs
- Free DLC is already included with base installation and can be toggled from main menu before starting the game.
- Some DLC (Anime Collaboration Set, Histy's Rescue Plans and Nepgear's Beam Zapper ZERO) are known to break games leveling curve, by giving items that far surpass stats of the normal game items from the very start.
|DLC Pack||GOG.com only. Includes all the DLC.|
|DLC Pack 2||GOG.com only. Includes additional DLC.|
|Histy's Rehabilitation Package||Free DLC.|
|Histy's Beginner Package||Free DLC.|
|Believe in Pippin Set||Free DLC.|
|Nepgear's 『Nepgear Eye Mask』||Free DLC.|
|Anime Collaboration Set||Free DLC.|
|Additional Content Pack 1|
|Additional Content Pack 2|
|Additional Content Pack 3|
|Histy's Rescue Plans|
|Nepgear's Beam Zapper ZERO|
|Uzume Battle Entry|
- Game's resolution options only go up to 1920x1080. With fullscreen game always uses desktop's resolution despite selected resolution option and resolution overall does not go above roughly 1080p. This may become problematic for low end machines as resolution is only graphical option to get more performance and high end will get blurry visuals.
- With this mod it's possible to force games renderer to use specific resolution. This means it's possible to improve performance with lower values, get better visuals when using desktop's native resolution and use it for downsampling as when using higher resolutions.
- This mod may cause certain objects, such as tutorial images, to fail to render on some hardware.
|Install the mod|
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/351710/pfx/[Note 2]|
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/351710/pfx/[Note 2]|
|4K Ultra HD||Use Hyperresolution Neptunia. However, dungeons remain lower res (1080p?)|
|Field of view (FOV)||Camera distance can be changed with d-pad up/down and mouse scroll.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Uses a DoF/blur filter. For downsampling use Hyperresolution Neptunia.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Always enabled.|
|120+ FPS||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS. See the related Steam guide for instructions on how to adjust the cap up to 200 FPS.|
- Controller prompts are always used.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Keys are bind into controller buttons.|
|Mouse input in menus||All button prompts can be clicked on to perform their functions and right mouse button is back.
Scroll wheel doesn't scroll in scrollable lists.
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput and DirectInput. With DirectInput rebind the buttons.|
|Full controller support||If game doesn't detect controller it has to be selected with mouse or keyboard from settings. Cursor stays on the screen.|
|Controller remapping||Select controller on Device Select.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Supported both through rebinding and direct axis inversion.|
|Button prompts||For DualShock use the Playstation Button Replacer mod.|
- Some cutscenes completely lack voice acting and lipsyncing, including in Japanese.
- Even though audio sliders are provided, audio mixing is somewhat inconsistent. Most notable example is overworld map music, which much higher constant volume.
|Separate volume controls||Music, effects, voice and movie.|
|Subtitles||Videos are subtitled only if japanese audio has been selected.|
|Mute on focus lost||True for windowed mode.|
|Japanese||Lipsyncing is done for japanese audio.|
|Spanish||Fan translation, download.|
|Russian||Fan translation by «ZoG Forum Team», text + textures or text.|
Severe FPS drop with Guard Break
- This seems to have been the problem since closed beta state and is occurring even on higher end machines. Using Hyperresolution to lower rendering resolution and playing from SSD doesn't fix the issue, but will make the drop last much less.
Game crashing in certain parts
- In game parts include entering the "LAN castle" for the first time.
- Codecs and codec packs (CCCP, KCP, K-Lite) may be causing issues with the game.
|Uninstall all third party codecs|
- For some users, this issue seems to be related to some DLC. Playing without DLC solves the issue.
Rainbow textures in dungeons on recent AMD drivers
- The developers claim this issue has been resolved as of the 18.2.1 AMD driver release.
- Recent AMD drivers break textures in dungeons on most AMD hardware. Driver version 17.7.2 is known to work with re;birth 2.
|Downgrading to Radeon Software 17.7.2|
- Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 is old enough to cause compatibility problems with other games like Overwatch.
|Shader Model support||4|
|Operating system (OS)||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz||3 GHz Intel Core i3|
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB||6 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||7 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 1 GB of VRAM |
OpenGL 3.3 compatible
DirectX 10 compatible
Shader model 4 support
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card|
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx, 1 GB 5000 series may not work properly with this game.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/351710/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (351710) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Guard Break fps drop :: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Sisters Generation General Discussion
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth Limited Trilogy PC - last accessed on 2020-07-26
- Verified by User:KingKrouch on 2020-07-26
- Checked contents of physical copy.
- Timeline photos - Idea Factory International, Inc. - Facebook - "DLC is not 50% off, BUT the free ones are already included in the game so you don't need to download them separately. :)"
- Steam community :: Group announcements :: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - 1080p windowed support! Note: If you have your in-game video settings set to Fullscreen Mode, the game will automatically adjust to your monitor's resolution.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 hits Steam January 28th, $14.99, Dual Audio, 900p - FWIW, it's rendering at 1920x1088 on my system, when set to "Fullscreen" [...]
- Example of a tutorial image failing to display because of Hyperresolution Neptunia. - last accessed on 2017-12-25
- Verified by User:Marioysikax on 17 August 2015
- Developer statement - last accessed on 2018-02-21
- AMD rainbow textures bug - last accessed on 2017-12-25
- Thread discussing AMD driver downgrading - last accessed on 2017-12-25