|Unreal Engine 3|
|Windows||August 28, 2018|
|Microtransactions||Cosmetic, Time-limited, Unlock|
- This game requires a constant internet connection for all game modes.
Dirty Bomb is an online multiplayer FPS that is free-to-play, featuring team, objective and class based gameplay developed by Splash Damage. It is a spiritual successor to Splash Damage's previous games Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Brink.
The game was initially published by Nexon America from 2013-2017, and then by Warchest from 2017 onwards. The game entered closed beta in October 2013, and open beta in June 2, 2015. The open beta saw a concurrent player count peak of 12,963 players in June 2015, which declined to 5,304 players in September 2015.
Splash Damage announced that Dirty Bomb would no longer receive developer support on October 18, 2018. Dirty Bomb's microtransactions were disabled January 15, 2019, however nearly all items can still be unlocked through gameplay at nearly triple the previous speed. Dedicated servers have shut down, however there are some community servers which are still active and concurrent players peaked at 716 in April 2020.
DLC and expansion packs
|Currency||Rads was the currency which could be earned but was also a real money purchase.|
|Infinite spend||There was no practical limit on how much can be spent on in-game currency.|
|Loot box||Cases had random chances of dropping different rarity levels of Loadouts.|
|Time-limited||Obsidian Loadouts were unlocks that were only available for a short time.|
|Unlock||Mercs and Loadouts were real money purchases.|
- All paid microtransactions have been removed, and all rewards can be earned in-game.
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/333930/pfx/[Note 1]|
Save game data location
|Multi-monitor||See the WSGF entry.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Up to 100° vertical.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls||Music, SFX and Dialogue|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Direct3D||9, 11||DirectX 11 is experimental|
|Operating system (OS)||XP||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Dual Core 2.33 GHz||Quad Core 2.0 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||3 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||7 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX |
512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
|Other||Generic Sound Card|
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/333930/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (333930) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Back from the Brink: the new Splash Damage - last accessed on 2020-05-09
- Dirty Bomb: We've Got News! - last accessed on 2020-05-09
- 13 Things You Need to Know About Dirty Bomb - last accessed on 2020-05-09
- Dirty Bomb - Steam Charts - last accessed on 2020-05-09
- Dirty Bomb Goes Fully Free - last accessed on 2020-05-09
- ""Instead, we wanted to turn this update into a celebration of Dirty Bomb, allowing players old and new to experience everything, without a cost. We’ve been working to remove all monetisation from Dirty Bomb, and also have thrown in a few extra treats as a thank you to all of our players for supporting the title over the years.""
- DIRTY BOMB GOES FREE - last accessed on 2020-05-09
- ""Credit earn rate has been increased across the board by nearly triple!""
- Verified by User:Andytizer on 2020-05-09
- Steam Charts
- Easy Anti-Cheat
- The new anti-cheat is Nexon Game Security, or short, NGS. : Dirtybomb