Call of Duty: Black Ops II
|Windows||November 13, 2012|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase, DLC|
|Genres||Action, FPS, Shooter|
|Themes||Africa, Middle East, North America, Contemporary|
|Series||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|Subseries of Call of Duty|
|Call of Duty: World at War||2008|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops||2010|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops II||2012|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops III||2015|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII||2018|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War||2020|
- Official Call of Duty series site
- Official forum
- Steam Community Discussions
- BO2 Optimizations Summary - Useful optimization list thread.
- CallofDutyMaps - A detailed Website for all included multiplayer maps.
- Black Ops II: Contains the base game.
- Digital Deluxe Edition: Contains the base game, Call of Duty: World at War, original soundtrack and digital deluxe content, no Season Pass.
- Black Ops II Bundle: Normal version with Season Pass.
DLC and expansion packs
|Season Pass||Contains Revolution, Uprising, Vengeance and Apocalypse packs, also Nuketown Zombies Map. 1 special Calling Card for Season Pass owners.|
|Revolution||4 Multiplayer maps, 1 new weapon for Multiplayer, and 1 Zombies map.|
|Uprising||4 Multiplayer maps and 1 Zombies map.|
|Vengeance||4 Multiplayer maps, 1 new weapon for Zombies, and 1 Zombies map.|
|Apocalypse||4 Multiplayer maps and 1 Zombies map.|
|Nuketown Zombies Map|
|Nuketown 2025||Free, initially available as exclusive pre-order content.|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops II Ultimate Customization Bundle||Contains Extra Slots pack, all Calling Card and Personalization packs. Ghosts and Advanced Warfare Personalization packs are not included.|
|Extra Slots Pack||More slots for Create-A-Class, emblems, films and screenshots.|
|Bacon Personalization Pack|
|Ghosts Personalization Pack||Free, Call of Duty: Ghosts pre-order bonus.|
|Advanced Warfare Personalization Pack||Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare pre-order bonus.|
|Benjamins Personalization Pack|
|Dia de los Muertos Personalization Pack|
|Graffiti Personalization Pack|
|Jungle Warfare Personalization Pack|
|Kawaii Personalization Pack|
|Party Rock Personalization Pack|
|Viper Personalization Pack|
|Zombies Personalization Pack|
|North American Flags of the World Calling Card Pack|
|South American Flags of the World Calling Card Pack|
|European Flags of the World Calling Card Pack|
|African Flags of the World Calling Card Pack|
|Asian Flags of the World Calling Card Pack|
|Cyborg Personalization Pack|
|Paladin Personalization Pack|
|Aqua Personalization Pack|
|Breach Personalization Pack|
|Coyote Personalization Pack|
|Glam Personalization Pack|
|Pack-A-Punch Personalization Pack|
|Rogue Personalization Pack|
|Beast Personalization Pack|
|Dead Man's Hand Personalization Pack|
|Octane Personalization Pack|
|Weaponized 115 Personalization Pack|
|Afterlife Personalization Pack|
|Comics Personalization Pack|
|Dragon Personalization Pack|
|UK Punk Personalization Pack|
Skip intro videos
- Mission cutscenes automatically play until the mission level is loaded, upon which a left click will allow skipping.
|Delete video files|
default.bik default.webm dolby.webm frontend_load.webm intro.webm treyarch.webm
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/202970/pfx/[Note 2]|
- There are several configuration files in the
playersfolder but only
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/202970/pfx/[Note 2]|
|Multi-monitor||See the WSGF entry.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See the WSGF entry.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||65-90°, configurable in the in-game options menu|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||There is a "Texture filtering" option with low, medium and high settings.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Up to 8x MSAA, FXAA and up to 4x TXAA|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Called "Sync Every Frame" in game.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Multiplayer is capped at 200 FPS.|
|Ray tracing (RT)|
|Color blind mode||Set in Options. Changes green and red elements to blue and orange.|
- A comparison of video setting image quality can be found on the GameSpy Port Authority.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||No mouse acceleration, with no option.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||Occasionally changes button prompts|
|Separate volume controls||Master, SFX, Music, Voices, Cinematics.|
|Subtitles||Not available in every language |
|Mute on focus lost||No option to disable it.|
- Game supports 7.1 positional audio and there are several sound mixing settings in menu (bass heavy, high heavy, hearing impaired etc.)
|Japanese||Only available in Japanese retail release.
|Polish||Only available in Polish retail release.
|Brazilian Portuguese||Consoles only (text/voice); Download (audio).|
|Russian||Only available in Russian retail release. Patch for digital release here.
|Spanish||Some non-story essential audio has not been dubbed.|
|Latin American Spanish||See Latin American Spanish audio mod. Alternatively, you can use this guide to replace the Castilian Spanish files with the Latin American Spanish files contained in this archive.|
Latin American Spanish audio mod
|Latin American Spanish audio mod|
- Having an "open NAT" is important for VOIP, joining/hosting a party and private matches (this may require a static IP).
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|UDP||3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27030|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
Officially supported game, see official vorpx game list.
|3RD Space Gaming Vest|
- TweakGuides has created a comprehensive guide for fixing issues in this game. It can be found here.
FPS drop while zooming in
- Frame rate drop while aiming down sights.
|Set low Depth of Field|
Set Depth of Field option to low without significant visual impact.
Additionally you can turn off Ambient Occlusion and FXAA which affect the speed when aiming down sights.
- Significant mouse lag with Vsync enabled.
|Use Borderless Windowed mode|
If you're experiencing mouse lag from vertical sync and screen tearing without it, selecting Borderless Windowed mode from the video options menu may solve the issue.
Error '57475' When Joining Game
|Fixing 57475 error|
Issue with changing Language
|Fixing Localization Problem|
"Error during Intialization:
ERROR: sound Bank failed to load cmn_root.Englisch. You have a Build Problem."
Solution : Set the language of all three game parts (singleplayer, multiplayer and zombies) to your desired language and wait for Steam to finish downloading.
Zombies Leaderboard and Campaign Career Record crash
- The game will crash whenever Career Record/Leaderboard (Campaign/Zombies) is accessed if you have more than 60 and less than 100 Steam friends.
|Steam Offline mode or Firewall block|
Set Steam in Offline Mode. You can block "t6sp.exe" for the campaign and/or "t6zm" in your Firewall by creating a blocking rule for incoming and outgoing traffic. Achievements should work, but you won't be able to play online or retrieve leaderboards.
|Change number of friends|
Delete friends until total number is under 60, or add more friends until total is over 100.
Unhandled Exception Caught
Highest resolution not showing
|Use borderless fullscreen windowed mode|
|Set Catalyst Control Center|
|Cutscenes||Bink Video, VP8||Bink Video 1.99g|
|Operating system (OS)||Vista SP2, 7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz
AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB (32-bit)
4 GB (64-bit)
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||16 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 8800GT
ATI Radeon HD 3870
512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Users have the option of installing the campaign (~8.7 GB), multiplayer (~4.5 GB if without DLC), and zombies (~1.0 GB if without DLC) separately.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/202970/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (202970) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (PC) | AbleGamers.com
- SteamDB: Every depot associated with Japanese Retail Product Key
- SteamDB: Every depot associated with Polish Retail Product Key
- SteamDB: Every depot associated with Russian Retail Product Key
- Black Ops II Huge FPS Drops While Zooming-In - Steam Users' Forums (retrieved)
- Steam Users' Forums - View Single Post - Game crashes on career record. (retrieved)
- Game freezes on Zombie Leaderboards. - Steam Users' Forums (retrieved)
- Unhandled Exception Caught - Steam Users' Forums (retrieved)
- 1920x1080 resolution :: Call of Duty: Black Ops II General Discussions