|Windows (DOSBox)||July 30, 2015|
|Genres||Action, Shooter, Vehicle combat|
|AquaNox 2: Revelation||2003|
|Aquanox: Deep Descent||2020|
Archimedean Dynasty (also known as Schleichfahrt) is a vehicle combat game developed by now defunct Massive Development and published by then independent German developer and publisher Blue Byte. The game features light role-playing elements, such as basic dialog choices and vehicle customisation and is set in post-nuclear world where humans had escaped to deep underwater to avoid deadly post-nuclear radiation.
The game was released in 1996 in Germany, and in the US the following year. Being a late DOS game, the game supports 3DFX acceleration and graphics cards via a separate patch.
After being unavailable for purchase for many years since the initial release, the game was eventually re-released on GOG on July 30, 2015.
|Retail||Run in DOSBox.|
|GOG.com||Pre-packaged with DOSBox SVN Daum.|
- Updates and 3dfx patch can be downloaded from BlueByte FTP - English / German
- Alternately, the latest official patch, 1.120, is available at soggi.org as well as the official 3DFX patch.
- The GOG.com version is already patched.
- Since 2013 there is an unofficial Patch called "Augmented Mod" available for the English & German version. Fixes dozens of bugs but also tweaks the game and difficulty significantly.
|Installing patch 1.20|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||This game runs only in 640x480.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Toggle with Alt+↵ Enter (when using DOSBox).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||For DOSBox use an unofficial build (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse is only used for navigating menus.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See Ship turns in one direction when joystick is enabled.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||For DOSBox use the DOSBox Mapper (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Russian||Unofficial localization by «DiSoft»|
Slow mouse cursor
Ship turns in one direction when joystick is enabled
|Change joystick timing setting|
|DOS video modes|
|Operating system (OS)||MS-DOS 5.0|
|Processor (CPU)||80486DX2 100 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||8 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||40 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||SVGA, High Color|
- File/folder structure within the installation folder reflects the path(s) listed for DOS and/or PC booter game data.