From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||December 2, 2014|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
|The Crew 2||2018|
- This game requires a constant internet connection for all game modes.
- PC Report: The Crew
- Official forums
- Steam Community Discussions
- Game manual is located in
|Epic Games Store||Ultimate Edition also available.|
|GamersGate||Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Green Man Gaming||Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Humble Store||Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Steam||Ultimate Edition also available.|
|Ubisoft Store||Ultimate Edition also available, included with Ubisoft+.|
- All versions require Ubisoft Connect and VMProtect DRM and a constant internet connection for all game modes.
- The Ultimate Edition is a complete edition containing the base game and all DLC, except for Ubisoft Connect, which lacks Street Edition Pack.
- A free trial is available on both Steam and Ubisoft Connect.
DLC and expansion packs
|Calling All Units|
|Extreme Car Pack||Included with the Season Pass|
|Raid Car Pack||Included with the Season Pass|
|Speed Car Pack||Included with the Season Pass|
|Street Edition Pack||Initially available as exclusive pre-order content|
|Vintage Car Pack||Included with the Season Pass|
- No microtransactions information; you can edit this page to add it.
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/241560/pfx/[Note 1]|
Save game data location
- All save game data is stored online on Ubisoft's servers.
Save game cloud syncing
|Epic Games Launcher|
|Widescreen resolution||Minimum selectable resolution is 1152x648. See Widescreen resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||FOV slider is greyed out on 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA, TAA, up to 8x MSAA, TXAA 4x.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||Choice of 30 FPS or 60 FPS cap.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Mouse buttons cannot be assigned.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||For problematic DirectInput controller, use x360ce 64 bit. Rename
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|Generic/other controllers||Wheels are fully supported.|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||Rapidly changes button prompts.|
|Separate volume controls||Overall, Vehicle Sounds, Music, Voices, UI Sounds, FX|
|Surround sound||Up to 7.1 output.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
|Matchmaking||Seamless instancing; only eight players in an instance at any time.|
|Nvidia 3D Vision||See Helix Mod: The Crew (DX11).|
|TrackIR||Supports: Yaw, Pitch, Roll, X, Y, Z.|
- Due to the game being designed for 30 fps, many users report erratic performance at higher framerates, including stuttering and severe framerate drops.
- These issues are observed regardless of detail settings and resolution, even on high-end systems.
|(partial fix) Limit framerate to 30 fps|
Locking the framerate at 30 fps (in video options) seems to alleviate most of the problems, resulting in much smoother overall gameplay.
|(partial fix) Set borderless windowed mode in game video options|
Can give greater stability boost than above. Combine both.
The game shows white screen during ingame daytime on AMD cards
|(partial fix) Downgrade to 18.2.1 version drivers or older|
Developer is informed about the issue.
|Change the camera|
|Disable all Uplay, Steam, Fraps, MSI Afterburner overlays|
|Update your drivers to at least 18.5.2 version|
The problem is entirely fixed by these driver's version and later.
|Windows||Launcher is 32-bit, game is 64-bit.|
|Operating system (OS)||7 SP1||8, 8.1|
|Processor (CPU)||AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz
|AMD FX-8150 3.6 GHz
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB||8 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||15 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| AMD Radeon HD 5870
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
1 GB of VRAM
DirectX 11 compatible
Shader model 5.0 support
|AMD Radeon HD 7870
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
2 GB of VRAM
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- The minimum requirements are for 30 FPS; the recommended ones are for 60 FPS.
- ↑ File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/241560/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (241560) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- ↑ The Crew kicks you to the title screen whenever you lose your internet connection - The Crew for PC News
- ↑ FPS lock: yes or no? :: The Crew General Discussions
- ↑ For people who want 60 FPS! : The_Crew
- ↑ PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- ↑ Ok how is this an MMO? - The Crew Message Board for PlayStation 4 - GameFAQs
- ↑ Stuttering issue - The Crew Official Forum
- ↑ The Crew running slow - The Crew Official Forum
- ↑ Stuttering - Steam Community Discussions
- ↑ Framerate stuttering issue - Steam Community Discussions
- ↑ Verified by User:Faalagorn on 2019-11-11