Silent Hill 3
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||October 31, 2003|
|Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut||2002|
|Silent Hill 3||2003|
|Silent Hill 4: The Room||2004|
|Silent Hill: Homecoming||2008|
- The PC version adds improved flashlight lighting, 60 FPS gameplay, and the ability to save at any time during the game.
- All fourteen of Heather's promotional outfits from the PlayStation 2 version are not present in the PC release.
- The North American physical release had 5 CDs, while the European PC physical release features just one DVD.
- This game is not available digitally.
- Adds all the fixes and features from Widescreen fix by ThirteenAG.
- Adds Manual FOV control, borderless mode, window positioning, ability to force Vsync and more.
- Copy all the files to
- Configure options in
- Start the game with
- A D3D8 wrapper which adds some fixes and new features:
- Widescreen support (With proper Vert- scaling to hide off-screen characters in certain cutscenes)
- Disable cutscene letterboxing
- Native single core affinity
- Removes the fps fluctuation between 30 and 60 fps
- Correct the UI/ HUD width in widescreen (Through pillar-boxing)
- Removes the safe mode warning when closing the game through Alt-F4
- Fixes image deformation when rendering the game at higher resolutions
- Ability to change the status screen resolution
- Ability to change the depth of field resolution
- Ability to change the real time shadows resolution
- Ability to change the fog complexity
- Enables several SH2 references for new saves, a feature from sh3proxy
- A D3D8 wrapper which adds enhanced fog effects (similar to Nemesis2000's SH2 fog fix), along with most fixes from the widescreen patch above.
- Not all fixes from the above patch seem to be included, eg. the UI/FPS fixes & SH2 references. (needs testing to be sure!)
- Original PS2 SH3 sound files were converted incorrectly and PC sounds play at a lower frequency and, as a result, at a lower tone. This small patch fixes the issue.
- Normalizes the pitch, speed and sample rate of in-game sound effects.
- Extract both files to
- Cannot be used together with the Audio Enhancement Pack since it ports the entire audio from the PS2 version with various enhancements.
- The PC port of Silent Hill 3 has very badly compressed audio and incorrect pitch, resulting in poor sound quality.
- Offers uncompressed PS2 audio quality with correct pitch for sound effects/music.
- Requires Reloaded II mod loader to function.
- Has an online updater.
- Compatible with Steam006's fix and HD Collection Voice Pack.
- Cannot be used together with SH3PC Sound Fixer, as the fix uses the default PC audio as the base.
Skip intro videos
|Delete data from files|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Use Widescreen Fix or sh3proxy.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Widescreen Fix or sh3proxy.|
|4K Ultra HD||Use Widescreen Fix.|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Windowed||Can also toggle with Alt+↵ Enter.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Use fix by Steam006.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Forced post-process AA only (FXAA, MLAA)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Disabled by default. See Force Vsync.|
|60 FPS||Frame rate may fluctuate between 30 and 60 FPS. See Issues fixed.|
|120+ FPS||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS. Increases the game speed when uncapped.|
- Rendering resolution is actually internal framebuffer resolution. Use Widescreen Fix to customize.
- It is highly recommended to set the Brightness Level in-game to 5 to get the most contrast.
|Use FOV Hack|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Strong negative mouse acceleration by default.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||DirectInput only. For XInput controllers, see Controller support.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||See Controller support.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts||Recognizes every button natively while playing. However, both SH3Config.exe and built-in button config do not detect L2/R2.|
|Light bar support|
|Haptic feedback||Can be set between Soft, Normal, Hard, or Off. For XInput controllers, see Controller support.|
- A fix is required for the game to recognize XInput Right Stick, LT/RT, LS/RS and D-pad when assigning controls.
- Force feedback emulation can also be enabled for XInput controllers.
|Use XInput Plus|
|Use Steam Input to bind the triggers to keyboard presses.|
|Separate volume controls||BGM and SE|
|Mute on focus lost||See Mute on focus lost.|
Mute on focus lost
|Set mute in background|
|Polish||Fan translation, download.|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Fan translation, download.|
|Russian||Retail only. Patch for digital release here.|
- Ports voices from the 2012 HD port to the PC Version.
- Requires Reloaded II mod loader to function.
- Has an online updater.
- Compatible with Steam006's fix and the Audio Enhancement Pack.
- Includes higher resolution FMVs from the HD Collection.
- If using anti-aliasing (MSAA, at least), the Depth of Field effect becomes corrupted (halos around objects).
- Post-process AA (FXAA, MLAA) works as intended (best compatibility in conjunction with the D3D9-11 wrappers).
- The light sources affected by bloom leaves long dark motion trails on screen when camera is moving.
|Turn off the fullscreen smoothing filter|
Frame rate fluctuation
- Frame rate may fluctuate between 30 and 60 FPS.
- Both solutions won't work properly with low FPS. Minimal FPS must be at least 50+.
|FPS fluctuation fix|
|Force single core affinity|
Low resolution Depth of Field
|Custom DOF resolution|
Low resolution Shadows
|Custom shadows resolution|
Windows 10 white border
|Fix fullscreen issues|
|Operating system (OS)||98, 2000, ME, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon 1 GHz||Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||4.7 GB||6 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce3 Ti |
ATI Radeon 8500
|Nvidia GeForce4 Ti
Nvidia GeForce FX
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX compatible sound card|
- Silent Hill 3 Costumes - Silent Hill Memories
- Verified by User:AmethystViper on 2020-02-22
- Can confirm this fix is able to skip the intro splash screens and videos without crashing the game.
- Racer_S Hacks | WSGF
- [REQ] Provide Controller config for Silent hill 2+3 · Issue #191 · ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack - last accessed on 2017-01-21
- Verified by User:SavvyKat on 2018-10-13
- Tested options for the Right Stick to fix issues regarding the need to use the mouse to use search mode to its full potential.
- If you add SH3 as a non-steam game on steam you can just bind the keyboard keys onto the triggers... - last accessed on 2020-02-19
- Verified by User:Infogram on 2020-02-19
- XInput Plus had no effect for me, but adding SH3 to steam and binding the triggers to keyboard bindings allowed me to use them in-game.
- Voice Comparison
- New features · Issue #1 · 07151129/sh3proxy