Platform features overview
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page may require cleanup to meet basic quality standards. The specific problem is: A lot of rows can probably be merged into each others, and in general some form of objective way of measuring whether a feature is worth mentioning would be good to have.. You can help by the article. The discussion page may contain useful suggestions.
- Supported features and such of the launcher/client of a platform.
- Note that features not exclusive to the launcher/client (e.g. they are also accessible through a web browser) is better listed in another section.
|Incomplete download launch|
|Supports installing games from disk|
|64-bit client for Windows|
- Supported features of the store of a platform.
- This section tries to be launcher/client agnostic, as in Early Access is listed here because the store allows for a game to be released in such a state, regardless of how the game files themselves might be downloaded.
- Social features; generally simplified as in "all features of a platform that allows two or more users of the platform to interact with one another," with the exception of game-based interactions (multiplayer etc).
|Friends activity records|
- Features that games of a platform might use. This section is highly tied to the Developer features section.
- Features that are available to developers to use in their games. This section is highly tied to the Game features section.
|Matchmaking / master servers|
|Account tied Anti-cheat|
- Special platform features:
- Create installers from installed games
- TV Mode
- Community guides
- Screenshot cloud
- Inventory support
- Digital feelies (Digitalizations of physical accessories included in some 80's and 90's game boxes.)
- Crossplay services
- Support a creator program
- Crossplay services
- Pay what you want
- Choose store-developer revenue split
- GOG Developer Docs - Crossplay - last accessed on 2021-12-30}
- Epic Online Services Developer - Multiplayer Cross-platform Functionality - last accessed on 2021-12-30