From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Studio II Software|
|Physical (Europe)||Take-Two Interactive|
|Physical (Spain, Italy)||FX Interactive|
|Physical (North America)||Encore|
|Linux||Linux Game Publishing|
|Digital (2008-2022)||Strategy First|
|Digital (2022-present)||THQ Nordic|
|Windows||February 27, 2004|
|Linux||April 9, 2009|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase, Expansion pack|
|Perspectives||Bird's-eye view, Isometric|
|Controls||Point and select|
|Sacred 2: Fallen Angel||2008|
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- SacredWiki: elaborate wiki about Sacred, Sacred Underworld and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
- Wolfe's Lair (archive): fansite with walkthroughs and tips for Sacred and the Underworld expansion.
- Sacred Ancaria Connection: a tool which allows multiplayer connections without using VPN usage after the TinCat service shutdown.
|Retail|| ProtectDISC Software DRM for English, German and Italian releases. StarForce 3 DRM[Note 1] for Chinese, French and Russian releases.
Custom DRM code may sabotage the game by sending the player to the Mal-Ork-A island from which there is no exit.
|GOG.com||Sacred Gold. Serial keys for multiplayer available by request to GOG support team.|
|Green Man Gaming||Sacred Gold|
|Humble Store||Sacred Gold|
|Steam||Sacred Gold. Does not provide multiplayer serial keys.|
|ZOOM Platform (unavailable)||Sacred Gold|
- StarForce DRM for this game does not work on modern versions of Windows (see above for affected versions).
- A free demo version is available from ModDB.
- Sacred - the original game, released in February 2004
- Sacred Plus - Free expansion pack released in October 2004 as part of the 1.7 and 1.8 patches for the base game. It adds 2 regions, monsters, quests, items.
- Sacred Underworld - Expansion pack released in April 2005. It adds 2 player characters (Daemon and Dwarf), 6 regions, 2 acts, new monsters and items.
- Sacred Gold - Released in August 2005, includes the base game and both expansions.
|Expansion pack||The expansion pack includes new classes, items and a separate campaign.|
|One-time game purchase||The game requires an upfront purchase to access.|
DLC and expansion packs
|Sacred Plus||Distributed in 1.7 and 1.8 official patches for the base game for free.|
|Sacred Underworld||Files released as free download for Italian and Spanish releases by FX Interactive in 2006, requiring an SMS message request for a serial key.|
- The latest patch for Sacred is 1.8.26 (Dec 2004) - which upgrades it to Sacred Plus. It is available here.
- The latest patch for Sacred Underworld / Gold is 2.28 (Nov 2006). It is available here. It is already included in the digital releases.
Skip intro videos
|Delete/rename video files|
|Force Vsync off; see Disabling Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|Remove the default 128 VRAM limit|
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/12320/pfx/[Note 3]|
- It's unknown whether this game follows the XDG Base Directory Specification on Linux. Please fill in this information.
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/12320/pfx/[Note 3]|
- Saved games are
GAME**.PAK; saved heroes are
|Widescreen resolution||1024x768 by default. See High-resolution rendering.|
|4K Ultra HD||Enable with HD mod and dgVoodoo 2|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Set in launcher.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See High-resolution rendering.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FSAA on/off. See High-resolution rendering. Forcing MSAA/CSAA externally may introduce severe grid-like visual artifacts.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||To disable, see Disabling Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS||Low performance when zoomed out. See Improve performance.|
|Download and apply dgVoodoo 2|
|Use Sacred NL or PureHD|
Disabling Vertical sync (Vsync)
|Force Vsync off|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||SFX, Speech, Music.|
|Surround sound||Requires ALchemy|
|Subtitles||Plot dialogue and quests are always shown in text; brief character acknowledgements and taunts are not subtitled.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||Unknown version, supported by ALchemy.|
|Royalty free audio|
|English||US English release removes blood effects, unlike the European and Oceanian English-language releases; digital releases use the non-US version.|
|Simplified Chinese||Retail only.|
|Traditional Chinese||Retail only.|
|French||Retail and GOG.com only.|
|German||Retail only; download for digital releases.|
|Polish||Retail only; download for digital releases|
|Brazilian Portuguese||For Sacred Gold only; download.|
|Russian||Retail and GOG.com only.|
|Spanish||Retail only; download for digital releases.|
- Online features require a product key. For the GOG.com version, the key is available by submitting a multiplayer key request.
|Online play||16||The official TinCat service has been shut down; see Multiplayer connectivity without VPNs for a workaround.|
Multiplayer connectivity without VPNs
|Use the Sacred Ancaria Connection|
|Linux||Sacred Gold had a Linux release in 2009 (by Linux Game Publishing).|
|Cutscenes||Windows Media Video 9|
- The biggest and most elaborate balance mod for Sacred.
- Requires Sacred Gold.
- Changes in the overall balance, bosses, heroes, items, their drop, game mechanics and makes small, but significant changes in the game's world.
- Doesn't affect the original executable, provides own widescreen support and is compatible with most language versions.
Stop flickering load screens with Nvidia GPU
|Use dgVoodoo 2|
3D audio effects option disabled
Windows key interference
- Win/Start key, when accidentally pressed, minimizes the game causing it to freeze.
Game stuck at loading screen
- Opening Sequence plays, then it starts loading, and then it gets to Fonts and freezes.
|Choose 32 bit color depth|
|Operating system (OS)||98 SE, ME||2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 800 MHz||AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz or higher
Intel Pentium 4
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 16 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 8 compatible
| 64 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX compatible|
|Operating system (OS)||2.2.x or better Linux kernel with glibc-2.1 or later and X-Windows (XFree86 3.3.x or later)|
|Processor (CPU)||1.0 GHz x86|
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||3.7 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Hardware Accelerated 3D Graphics card
32 MB of VRAM
- This version of StarForce DRM does not work on Windows Vista or later. For supported versions of Windows the StarForce driver may need to be updated manually using SFUPDATE.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/12320/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (12320) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Windows Vista support - StarForce Support
- Windows 7 support - StarForce Support
- Windows 8.1 support - StarForce Support
- Windows 10 support - StarForce Support
- Sacred Gold - Multiplayer issue - CD Key - last accessed on 2021-06-13
- SACRED - La leyenda del Arma Sagrada - last accessed on 2021-06-13
- SACRED - EDIZIONE ORO - last accessed on 2021-06-13
- Verified by User:Plok on 2021-10-11