From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|id Tech 3|
|Windows||August 6, 2010|
|macOS (OS X)||August 6, 2010|
|Linux||August 6, 2010|
|Quake III Arena||1999|
|Enemy Territory: Quake Wars||2007|
|Quake II RTX||2019|
- As of October 27, 2015, the game is no longer free to play. Players who have had Quake Live installed with their Steam ID previously are grandfathered in and do not have to purchase.
- Has a vast amount of customizable option settings.
- Mod support via Steam Workshop added October 27, 2015.
- OS X and Linux support was dropped on December 17, 2013.
Configuration file(s) location
|macOS (OS X)||~/Library/Application Support/QuakeLive/quakelive/home/baseq3/|
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/282440/pfx/[Note 1]|
- This game does not follow the XDG Base Directory Specification on Linux.
|Ultra-widescreen||Custom resolutions can be set via console commands and config edits, but aspect ratios are limited to 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10; increasing the width of the resolution will result in stretched graphics.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See Borderless fullscreen windowed.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Capped at 125 FPS; to change use
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||In the console (press ~), type in
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Self-hosting||Requires Steam version|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
Game not visible in Steam library
- If you got the game for free after being grandfathered in, it might not be visible in your Steam library.
- In Google Chrome, you may need to use Ctrl+↵ Enter to properly open the URL.
OS X port
|Wineskin wrapper|
Available at The Porting Team.
|macOS (OS X)|
|Anti-cheat||Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC)|
|Operating system (OS)||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel 2.0 GHz||Intel Quad Core 2.0 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1 GB||2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce4 MX |
ATI Radeon 8500
Intel i915 Chipset
DirectX 9.0 compatible
|Nvidia GeForce 7 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
|Sound (audio device)||Stereo (2-Channel audio) support|
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/282440/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (282440) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Verified by User:Mars icecream on 2016-9-22
- Verified by User:Blackbird on 2016-9-22
- Steam Community Announcement - Quake Live Steamworks Launch
- Standalone Update - Dec 17, 2013
- ESR - r_displayrefresh & com_maxFPS ect - Quake Live Forum
- game controller - QUAKE LIVE Forums
- Steam says Quake Live is in my library but it's not. - Steam Community Forums