Escape from Tarkov
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This product is unreleased but remains under active development - information may change frequently and could be outdated or irrelevant.
|2016-2019||Unity 5[Note 1]|
|2019-2021||Unity 2018[Note 2]|
|2021||Unity 2019[Note 3]|
|Contract Wars Client||2014|
|Escape from Tarkov||EA|
|Escape from Tarkov Arena||TBA|
|Developer website||Linking the game to Steam account is a possible future option, the game plans to be release on Steam "awhile after the game is released our own platform." Both versions will play on the same servers.|
- Mac and Linux native versions are planned after release.
- A Mac version was planned in 2015 but remained unreleased as of January 2022. Mac logo is still visible in BattleStateGames website.
- Linux support was planned in 2015 as well and was confirmed to be planned in several of the streams.
- Game works with Wine and Proton with BattlEye patches, but online raids don't work due to missing BattlEye modules.. They are planned to be implemented by BattlEye.
- The account is free to create and can download the launcher, but the the game is paid with no current permanent free trial, however there exist 7-day trial keys which can be won on various occasions.
|DLC||DLCs are planned after release – among them Scav Life, Winter and Sniper. They will be free for the "Edge of Darkness" pre-order package.|
- The game is said not to have any microtransations, although there are some events (Christmas, participation in tests, Twitch drops events) that can give extra items. There are also items being given out to contributing community members (Sherpas, Emisarries and Moderators).
DLC and expansion packs
|Season Pass||Currently available only with "Edge of Darkness" pre-order package.|
|The Predator E-book||Currently unavailable. Get extra game gear as a bonus to the e-book: AKS74U with Zenit body kit; Silenced P226 with special ammo.|
|The Voice Behind E-book||Currently unavailable. Get extra game gear as a bonus to the e-book: Crye Precision Airframe Tan Helmet with GPNVG 18; 2 adrenaline injectors; 5 RGD-5; 200 rounds of 9x19mm Luger CCI.|
- DLCs are planned after release – among them Scav Life, Winter and Sniper.
- Pre-order packages come with various pre-order bonuses depending on package. "Edge of Darkness" pre-order package includes a Season Pass.
- Upcoming Escape from Tarkov Arena game will be a separate purchase that will be cheaper than the game. It will be free with the "Edge of Darkness" pre-order bonus.
- Books DLCs are currently not available.
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%APPDATA%\Battlestate Games\Escape from Tarkov\Settings
- Game progress and some settings are stored on your account.
|Multi-monitor||Option is present, but not yet available.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Game uses vertical FOV. Slider up to 75 (107 horizontal on a 16:9 screen) degrees.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA, TAA and Resampling available, along with sharpness slider.|
|High-fidelity upscaling||DLSS 2.5, FSR 1.0, FSR 2.2
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||You can also set custom FPS limits for the game lobby (up to 60) and in game (up to 144).|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Framerate is capped 144 FPS. Can be unlocked by enabling VSync in the game's options and disabling it in the Nvidia Control Panel.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Color blind mode|
- The game engine may allow for manual configuration of the game via its variables. See the Unity page for more details.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Various options like activation on double key press, on key press and after key press.|
|Mouse sensitivity||Separate slider for aiming down sights.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Overall, SFX, Interface, Chat sounds and Music.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
|English||English voicelines are available for USEC faction and can be selected for BEAR faction. Some NPCs speak in English.|
|Czech||Website and launcher are currently not translated.|
|Hungarian||Website and launcher are currently not translated.|
|Japanese||Launcher is currently not translated.|
|Korean||Website and launcher are currently not translated.|
|Polish||Website and launcher are currently not translated.|
|Romanian||Website and launcher are currently not translated.|
|Slovak||Website and launcher are currently not translated.|
|Russian||Russian voicelines can be selected for BEAR faction and are used by Scav faction. Some NPCs speak in Russian.|
|Latin American Spanish||Website is currently not translated.|
|Turkish||Website is currently not translated.|
- Only four languages (English, Russian, German, and French) are initially selectable when creating a character, the rest has to be selected in the option menu afterward.
- Some languages might be incomplete and miss some translations.
- More languages are planned. Public translations can be found here.
- Subtitles are planned (option is present in menu, but currently not usable).
|Local play||1||Various maps are available to play in "offline mode", although you still need to be connected to the game servers to login, with no progression of any kind. Various settings like AI number and difficulty available.|
|Online play||12||Co-op, Versus
Players can assume a role of NPC player, "Scav" in scenario mode, possibly increasing the amount of 12 online players in session.
|Direct3D||11||DirectX 9 support was present in the early versions, but was removed and replaced with DirectX 11 in later patches. DirecX 12 can be forcefully enabled with
|Shader Model support||5|
|Windows||64-bit for both the launcher and game itself.|
- Vulkan support was enabled briefly, but removed afterwards. It was planned for future update.
|Audio||Oculus Audio||Works when Binaural sound game option is enabled. Steam Audio was used previously|
|Anti-cheat||BattlEye|| Saberclaw Anticheat was used previously|
|Operating system (OS)||7 / 8 / 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.4 GHz
AMD Athlon x2 - 2.6 GHz
|Intel Core i5 Quad Core - 3.2 GHz
AMD Athlon II x4 - 3.6 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB||12 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||18 GB||20 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 1 GB of VRAM |
DirectX 11 compatible
|2 GB of VRAM|
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- Verified by User:Faalagorn on 2018-12-29
- Verified by User:Faalagorn on 2021-11-07
- Verified by User:Faalagorn on 2022-06-19
- Unity 2020 - Twitch - last accessed on May 2023
- FAQ related to the pre-orders - Escape from Tarkov
- Linux. - Twitch
- Tarkov auf MacOS - last accessed on 2021-06-12
- BATTLESTATE GAMES LIMITED - last accessed on May 2023
- Каким будет Escape from Tarkov: интервью с ведущим гейм-дизайнером игры
- Linux! - Twitch - last accessed on May 2023
- Linux! - Twitch - last accessed on May 2023
- Linux/Mac Proton Support - Page 2 - Suggestions - Escape from Tarkov Forum - last accessed on May 2023
- (Update) Escape from Tarkov · Issue #430 · Starz0r/AreWeAntiCheatYet - last accessed on 9 June 2023
- Arena for Edge of Darkness - Twitch - last accessed on May 2023
- Russian QnA : EscapefromTarkov Reddit - last accessed on May 2023
- BattlEye – The Anti-Cheat Gold Standard - last accessed on 9 June 2023
- Approximate system requirements - Escape from Tarkov - last accessed on May 2023