From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||July 19, 2010|
|Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop||2017|
- Small community
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/630/pfx/[Note 2]|
|Steam Cloud||Syncs save games and settings.|
|Ultra-widescreen||21:9 resolutions are selectable under the 16:9 resolution options. Position of HUD elements is incorrect.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||The cap can be changed with the "fps_max <number>" console command to any desired number +1, so 61 for a 60fps cap.
See 60 FPS notes.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput only; open the console and enter
|Full controller support||Menus require mouse input.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||Open the console and enter
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Generic/other controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Russian||Fan translation by «Steam Translation – Russian»|
- For more information, see the "Source Dedicated Server" section of our Source engine article.
|Direct IP||Open the console (~) and enter
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
Purple and black broken textures
- A generic fix for this issue can be found on our Source engine page.
Crashes and overheating
- CPU Overheating Issues: This threads walks you through running a simple stress test on your CPU to help you identify whether your cooling equipment is doing its job.
- Fix for temp problems/crashing: This threads dictates how Vsync and multi-core rendering can be adjusted to eliminate problems relating to overheating and crasing. This tip can also increase performance.
- Swarm.exe has stopped working: If you're having problems with
Swarm.execrashing, this Steam Support thread may help you if the problem's related to
Shaderapidx9.dll. You can check if
Shaderapidx9.dllis the cause of the problem by following the instructions on this thread.
Ping & Latency
- Windows 7 Ping Spikes (Fix): This thread explains how to disable a network-throttling feature shipped with Windows 7. It's more likely to fix ping-related problems, but has been reported to improve frame rates.
- WLAN Optimizer: If you play over a wireless connection, you may occasionally experience 'lag spikes' due to Windows checking periodically for new wireless networks. Using this program, you can disable the 'background scan' and improve your gaming wireless experience.
- Hosting? Do everyone you meet a BIG favor. PLEASE!: When people connect to your listen server, their client has a "rate" setting. By default it is set at 20,000 (bytes/second). If you're home internet cannot upload 60,000bytes/second (3 people connected) then you're going to have to set a sv_maxrate, to limit each player's rate so that everybody gets their own dedicated chunk of bandwidth, instead of their computers fighting for a piece.
|Shader Model support||2, 3|
|Physics||Havok||Heavily modified variant.|
|Audio||Miles Sound System|
- Games running on the Source engine can utilize Source Engine Console Commands for various tasks.
|Enabling the console in Source games|
- View this Steam Support Article regarding launch options as well as the relevant Valve Developer wiki page for further information and a list of useful Source engine launch options.
|Enabling a launch parameter|
|Operating system (OS)||XP||Vista, 7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB (XP)|
2 GB (Vista)
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||2.5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 6600
ATI Radeon X800
128 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0 compatible
Shader model 2.0 support
|Nvidia GeForce 7600
ATI Radeon X1600
Shader model 3.0 support
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/630/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (630) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.