From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Tomoaki "Suge9" Sugeno|
|Tomoaki "Suge9" Sugeno|
|Fighter Maker 2nd|
|Windows||June 26, 2009|
|macOS (OS X)||March 29, 2016|
|Linux||August 29, 2016|
- Original Japanese release is available to download for free. This article is mostly based on English version and noted if there are differentiations between two version.
|Official website||Original Japanese freeware version (v1.0.8).|
|Green Man Gaming|
|Steam||Can be played without Steam.|
DLC and expansion packs
|Director's Cut||Free DLC that restores the uncut content into the English version. Available here.|
|Hilda Rize||Adds Hilda Rize as a playable character along with character-related features and additional MP3s for the Artwork and Soundtrack DLC. Available here.|
|Lilith||Adds Lilith-related features. Available here.|
|Kurumi||Adds Kurumi-related features and additional MP3 music tracks for the Artwork and Soundtrack DLC. Available here.|
|Online Deluxe||Includes an external netplay client with match making and chat features, adds new stages, alternate character storylines, and in-game music from the Artwork and Soundtrack DLC. Available here.|
|Digital Comic Series||A digital comic adaptation of the game in PDF format along with a collection of high-resolution artworks. Available here|
- All DLCs are exclusive to the English version on Steam.
- Steam version is always kept up to date. The last update for the Japanese freeware version is v1.0.8. For the older non-Steam English version, download patch latest patch here (v1.3.1).
FM2K Controller Fix
- An unofficial modification of the Fighter Maker 2nd 2000 executable that allows games using this engine to support D-pad inputs along with analog stick movement. Can be downloaded here. This is only recommended for the original Japanese freeware version, as the English Steam version already has been updated to support D-pad input from XInput controllers.
Configuration file(s) location
- Game doesn't feature save game data.
- It's unknown whether this game follows the XDG Base Directory Specification on Linux. Please fill in this information.
|Widescreen resolution||4:3 only.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Freely resizeable window, everything scales from base resolution of 640x480 with nearest-neighbor filtering.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|120+ FPS||Frame rate is capped at ~100 FPS.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse not used.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput and DirectInput.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Subtitles||For cutscenes only, which do not have voice acting.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|English||Only English version.|
|Japanese||In English version, only audio.|
Game won't launch
- For Windows 8 and later, enable DirectPlay.
Low frame rate
- This may be cause from game constantly searching for connected controllers. If none are being used, uncheck
Activate game controller(s)from Game settings.
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.x|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 400 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||400 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 32 MB of VRAM
DirectX 7 compatible
- Now Available For Mac OS X - Steam Community Annoucements - last accessed on 2020-05-17
- Vanguard Princess Is Now Available For Linux - Steam Community Announcements - last accessed on 2020-05-17
- Verified by User:AmethystViper on 2020-05-17
- Tested on v1.8.7.
- Verified by User:Marioysikax on 9 September 2015
- Tested with 120 FPS recording.