The King of Fighters XIII
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||September 13, 2013|
- Released well after the arcade and console versions. As a result, it combines the additional features and content of the console versions with the previously arcade-exclusive adjustments of the final arcade revision, The King of Fighters XIII: Climax.
Skip intro videos
- The intro logos will still appear.
|Delete/rename opening.wmv|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/222940/pfx/[Note 1]|
|Widescreen resolution||Multiple resolution options available, however games assets are done for 1280x720.|
|4K Ultra HD||Maximum resolution is 2560x1440.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||In-game setting or using
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Always enabled.|
|120+ FPS||Game speed bound to frame rate. Cap frame rate to 60 FPS.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus||Mouse not used at all.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput controllers only.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Via key rebinding.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Generic/other controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Haptic feedback||Listed under system options.|
|Separate volume controls||Music, ambience, voice, effects and voice.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Local play||2||2 controllers or 1 controller vs keyboard|
|Online play||2||Custom and ranked modes. 4 latency levels to choose, from Bad ("lvl 1") to Best ("lvl 4") ping.|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|TCP||27014 to 27050|
|UDP||27000 to 27030, 4379 to 4380 and 3478 to 3478|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
- This issue only appears with AMD Radeon cards, updating to the latest driver might fix it.
Game runs too fast
- Game is designed to run with 60 Hz monitor running 60 FPS with vsync. With higher refresh rates this means game will run faster.
- Sometimes simply playing with fullscreen mode fixes the issue.
- Either cap frame rate to 60 FPS externally or use games internal capper.
|Activate cap with launch parameter|
FPS issues/slow gameplay
- Using the "Fixed" frame rate method will activate frame skips which will allow the game to run at regular speed. Online play is always rendered using the Fixed frame rate method.
- Setting backgrounds to "Static" will drastically reduce processing, thus increasing FPS.
- Try running the game in windowed mode.
|Launch option|
Game crash after intro logos
- Official Microsoft Windows Media Player codecs are required to run the videos in KOFXIIISE.
|Enable/install Windows Media Player|
|Disable hardware acceleration for WMV files|
|-v launch parameter|
Game hangs on initial loading screen
|Force windowed mode|
Game getting stuck in a loading loop
|Install on smaller partition|
This game has issues with hard drive partitions larger than 2 TB; install on a smaller partition.
|Shader Model support||3.0|
|Multiplayer||GOG Galaxy, Steamworks|
Enable Aero features
- This game by default disables Aero features while playing.
|Operating system (OS)||XP||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 2 GHz||Intel Core i5 2300|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT |
256 MB of VRAM
|Nvidia GeForce GTS 250
512 MB of VRAM
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/222940/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (222940) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Graphical artifacts? Please read this - Steam Community Discussion
- FAQ/Known Issues - Steam Community Discussions
- FIX: Game getting stuck in a loading loop. :: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION KOFXIII S.E. Support