The Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
|Series||The Bard's Tale|
- This game is not available digitally. Digital versions of The Bard's Tale (2005) include emulated Apple IIgs versions of The Bard's Tale, The Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight, and The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate.
Import characters and parties
- Character and party files (
*.TPW) can be imported from The Bard's Tale.
Save game data location
- Files are stored on a save floppy (when running from floppy) or in the installation folder (when running from the hard drive).
SAVE.GAMcontains the current saved game.
*.TWextension is used for both party files and individual characters (party files only store the names of the characters, not the data for the characters). Files are numbered in the order of creation.
- Settings are not stored between sessions.
|Widescreen resolution||320x200 only.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||For DOSBox toggle with Alt+↵ Enter (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||For DOSBox use an unofficial build (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||For DOSBox use the DOSBox Mapper (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Mouse sensitivity||For DOSBox set in the DOSBox configuration file.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||For DOSBox use the DOSBox Mapper (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||On/off only (toggle with V).|
|Subtitles||Everything is text-based.|
|Mute on focus lost||For DOSBox change the
|Royalty free audio|
|DOS video modes||CGA, EGA, Tandy||EGA mode is listed as "RGB monitor" in setup. An additional black & white Composite mode (not Hercules) is also supported.|
|Operating system (OS)||2.1|
|System memory (RAM)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
- Verified by User:Garrett on 3 September 2021