Streets of Rage Remake
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Windows||April 3, 2011|
|Perspectives||Bird's-eye view, Scrolling|
|Art styles||Pixel art|
|Series||Streets of Rage|
|Streets of Rage|
|Bare Knuckle II||2003|
|Streets of Rage||2011|
|Streets of Rage 2||2011|
|Streets of Rage Remake (unofficial)||2011|
|Streets of Rage 3||2012|
|Streets of Rage 4||2020|
|Streets of Kamurocho||2020|
- An unofficial freeware fan remake of the first three Streets of Rage games for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, featuring content from all three titles and regional variations along with new features, including some seen from the Master System/Game Gear ports and beta versions.
- Includes a built-in editor that allows users to create their own custom games within the Streets of Rage Maker, however it must be unlocked in-game first to create and play custom games.
- No longer available for download to due Sega's copyright takedown of the game, preventing any future updates and bugfixes.
- No longer available after the copyright takedown by Sega.
Configuration file(s) and save game data location location
- Settings are tied to the save file.
- If the player quits mid-game by closing the window or pressing F12, the game will create a
savestate.sorfile that will save their session at the beginning of the stage. This file is immediately deleted upon resuming progress.
|Widescreen resolution||Limited to only 320x240 or 640x480.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||A frameskip setting is also available.|
|60 FPS||Option for 50 or 60 FPS.|
|120+ FPS||A Fullspeed setting for Game Speed can unlock the frame-rate, however the game's logic is tied to frame-rate and running the game above 60 FPS causes the game to play too fast.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Some keys such as F1-F5 and F12 used for options shortcuts and cannot be remapped.|
|Mouse input in menus||Only for the Streets of Rage Maker tool and in-game Palette Editor.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Exiting the game requires using the keyboard.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||The game does not support analog triggers.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|Generic/other controllers||Supports DirectInput controllers.|
|Button prompts||Game references controller buttons by number.|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||Although menus can be controlled with both keyboard and controller, the game only recognizes input from the selected device assigned to the players during gameplay.|
|Separate volume controls||BGM, SFX|
|Subtitles||All in-game dialogue is text-based.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|English||Change Voice Type to
|Japanese||Change Voice Type to
|Local play||2||Co-op, Versus
Certain modes must be unlocked first.
- This is caused by the fact the game does not recognize analog triggers, while the controller's XInput mode has its Z and C buttons mapped to the Xbox analog triggers.
- The game may not work with this controllers DirectInput mode. Switch to XInput if necessary, then follow the instructions for the following fix.
- This may be the case with other XInput-based controllers that lack real analog triggers.
|Set the controller to XInput mode and use antimicro (or a similar program that allows mapping controller buttons to keyboard keypresses)|
|Operating system (OS)||95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 300 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||48 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||440 MB|
- SEGA has Streets of Rage Remake pulled from the 'net - Destructoid - last accessed on 2019-06-06
- Fan Streets of Rage Remake Gets Cease and Desist - Sega Scream - last accessed on 2019-06-06
- Verified by User:AmethystViper on 2019-08-15