From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Microsoft Game Studios|
|Windows||April 27, 2000|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
- Problems running the game on modern hardware, but all problems can be fixed. (see Issues fixed).
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- This game is not available digitally.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||Frame rate Is Capped at 100 fps.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse sensitivity||Mouse not in use outside menu.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Master, speech, sound effects and music sliders.|
|Surround sound||Up To 7.0, may require DirectSound3D restoration and dsound fix for surround sound|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||EAX 1.0, A3D|
|French||Only available on French version|
|German||Only available on German version|
|LAN play||8||Versus, Co-op
|Online play||8||Versus, Co-op
MSN Gaming Zone support has been discontinued but Direct TCP/IP still available. 4 players Max in coop, 8 max in versus
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|TCP||47624 (inbound, outbound)|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
- Depending of your video card you could have some graphical problem ingame. A graphic wrapper can fix this problem. The wrapper can also improved the graphics of the game by forcing a superior resolution, AA that is not possible though ini.
|Use dgVoodoo|
Can't Select Eax or Surround sound After Surround sound Restoration
- By default the
DSOUND.dllof the creative alchemy and other sound wrapper is ignored by the game. So no surround sound or EAX can be selected.
- Download the Dsound fix
- replace the mss32.dll file of the game by the one in the zip
- Creative alchemy and any other ds3d wrapper should now be working as intended.
- Surround sound should be working and you can now activate EAX if want.
Game crash when closing the medal case
- This game crashes when you want to close the medal case on modern windows OS, a patch exists to fix this problem.
- This fix also forces the game to run on one core, so no need to use the imagecfg after that.
|Use unofficial patch|
|Operating system (OS)||95|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 200 MHz||Intel Pentium II 300 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||32 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||400 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Super VGA card which supports 256 colours |
2 MB of VRAM
|3D accelerator card|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16