From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|April 10, 2013
|One-time game purchase
|Currently more problem prone then the Client Download
- Owning the Steam version allows for download of the client from the official website. This is recommended, as the client from the developer website is prone to fewer problems and updates more cleanly.
- All versions require a Maniaplanet account.
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)
|4K Ultra HD
|Field of view (FOV)
|No option is offered, nor can the config files be edited.
|Borderless fullscreen windowed
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)
|Bi/Triliniar and 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x & 16x.
|Vertical sync (Vsync)
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS
|High dynamic range display (HDR)
|See the glossary page for potential alternatives.
|Keyboard and mouse
|Alt hardcoded to bring up scoreboard.
|Mouse input in menus
|Mouse Y-axis inversion
|Gamepad axes are not supported while in-game, only in the menus.
|Full controller support
|Controller Y-axis inversion
|Digital movement supported
|Separate volume controls
|Mute on focus lost
|Can be toggled.
|Royalty free audio
- Requires a Maniaplanet account.
- To host without an internet connection use the
- Some content requires online authentication; host with
/forceip=LANto access this content while in LAN mode.
|Dedicated server software is available.
|Port(s) and/or port range(s)
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
- These are the default ports used by the game. They can be changed in the ManiaPlanet launcher settings
- Some users report issues attempting to use chat after using Elite Matchmaking. Using all chat will send text like normal, but teamchat messages will not go out.
- With multiple links on the screen, hovering over one hyperlink renders the others on screen broken.
- Some buttons fail to register or register in the correct manner. ESC will occasionally fail to exit a menu, instead closing momentarilly and then reopening that same menu.
- Some users are reporting errors with matchmaking. Elite Matchmaking causes some input and chat isssues.
- Sometimes when attempting to connect to a server, you will get a message informing you that the server does not have the latest copy of the game. Unfortunately, you must wait for the server operator to update the server before it will work again.
- Disabling the firewall or creating an exception for
<path-to-game>\ManiaPlanet.execan prevent some networking issues.
- Beta users with an account creation date before April 10, 2013 will retain access to Elite and Royal game modes. Beta accounts from after that date will not be allowed continued access to these modes.
- Currently some beta users are having problems accessing Elite and Royal servers. This is a known issue. If reinstalling the game client from the Shootmania website doesn't solve it, contact support with your account data.
|Shader Model support
|Operating system (OS)
|XP, Vista, 7, 8
|System memory (RAM)
|Hard disk drive (HDD)
|Video card (GPU)
| Intel HD 2000
256 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Shader model 2.0 support
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/229870/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (229870) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.