Peter Jackson's King Kong
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||November 17, 2005|
- StarForce DRM for this game does not work on some versions of Windows (see Availability for affected versions).
|King Kong 2: Yomigaeru Densetsu||1986|
|Peter Jackson's King Kong||2005|
|Peter Jackson's King Kong Gamer's Edition||2005|
|Retail||StarForce 3.6.10.06 DRM[Note 1] (removed with WIFI_Darth_Maul's Fix)|
- StarForce DRM for this game does not work on some versions of Windows (see above for affected versions).
- This standard version is a PlayStation 2 port with low quality 16-bit textures and 16-bit color rendering. It uses StarForce DRM and is only playable on Windows 8 and later, with WIFI_Darth_Maul's Fix of the game made this year, which removed StarForce DRM, and certain registry dependencies.
- Gamer's Edition is an enhanced PC port featuring all the visual features from the Xbox 360 version like high resolution textures and higher quality 3D models. It was released DRM free, so it is playable on newer versions of Windows, but has many bugs.
Skip intro videos
- Removes the DRM making it possible to play the game on modern systems.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Game supports 16:9 resolutions (16:9 aspect ratio must be selected in in-game options menu to prevent stretching), but the FOV is Vert- and additionally the image is letterboxed.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Vert-.|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enabled by default, no option to disable.|
|120+ FPS||High FPS cause NPC script bugs and other problems. Cap the frame rate to 60 FPS to fix.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Remapping is only available outside the game.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|DualShock 4 controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Generic/other controllers||DirectInput controllers only.|
|Button prompts||Keyboard and mouse button prompts only.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||May require DirectSound 3D restoration software.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||EAX 3.|
|Polish||Polish retail version only.|
|Russian||Russian retail version only.|
King Kong not properly installed
|Operating system (OS)||98SE, ME, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz
AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz
|Intel Pentium 4 2.5 GHz
AMD Athlon 2.5 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1.5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 3 |
ATI Radeon 8500
64 MB of VRAM
DirectX 8.1 compatible
| 128 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX 8.1 compatible|
- Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but are not supported.
- Nvidia GeForce 4 MX series are not supported.
- This version of StarForce DRM does not work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. For supported versions of Windows the StarForce driver may need to be updated manually using SFUPDATE.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Windows 8.1 support - StarForce Support
- Windows 10 support - StarForce Support
- Verified by User:Antrad on August 23, 2018