|Windows||August 13, 2002|
- Runs well on low end PCs
- Very limited in-game options
- Moonbase Commander Center - A hub for Moonbase Commander news and files. Has not been updated for a while.
- GOG.com Community Discussions
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
Patch 1.1 is the latest patch available for the game and provides bug fixes.
All digital versions come with the patch pre-installed.
Moonbase Commander used to run off of GameSpy Arcade for Internet/LAN Play, but since the service has shut down, the game has been notoriously hard to configure to work through the LAN and Internet modes. The Moonbase Console rectifies many issues, including an easier matchmaking option for LAN/Internet games, as well as being able to make 100% custom maps not normally in the game.
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/254880/pfx/[Note 2]|
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Locked in to 640x480 resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Press ⇧ Shift+F5 to alternate between fullscreen and windowed.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Capped at 30 FPS.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Online play||GameSpy services have been shut down; see GameSpy for workarounds.|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
|Audio||Miles Sound System|
|Operating system (OS)||98||Me, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 233 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||32 MB||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||600 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||DirectX 8.1 compatible||DirectX 9 compatible|
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/254880/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (254880) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- Verified by User:ThatOneReaper on October 13, 2016
- Pricing | GameSpy Technology
- Steam Community Discussions - Click here to learn how to play this over the internet (not just LAN) - last accessed on October 13, 2016