Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||February 26, 2004|
|Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller||2004|
|Crazy Taxi (2011)||2011|
|Crazy Taxi (Steam)||2014|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
- Key points
- Lacks the Xbox soundtrack that included Offspring and Bad Religion tracks from across the series among others. See Original Xbox Music to restore the original soundtrack.
- Frame rate is capped at 30 FPS. Use CT3Tweaks to adjust the cap.
- Does not support analog brakes or acceleration on controller.
|Retail||SafeDisc v3 DRM[Note 1] The game works on Windows 10 x64, but doesn't work with Matroska Splitter or LAV Filters. Unninstall all. The version FX start with "inicio del jogo.exe"|
|Retail||Xplosiv re-release is DRM-free and can be run without the disc after installation.|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- Adds custom resolutions, an FOV slider, and 60 FPS support.
- FOV slider and widescreen fix only affect the default camera.
- Increasing the framerate cap beyond 30fps results in a visual glitch when driving on certain kinds of dust where all shadows and visual effects will briefly fly away from the camera and reset multiple times per second depending on your speed. This goes away as soon as you're off the dust.
- Fixes the trigger problem on most Xinput controllers like the Xbox one controller for when using the config application. Using the trigger will crash the config. This XInput Plus file swaps the axis on your triggers to buttons which stops the config from crashing and allows use for XInput controllers.
- Extract the file in where the game is installed. Then go into CT3Config.exe and setup your controller and you're good to go. Recommend you do this before using CT3tweaks.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Use CT3Tweaks.|
|4K Ultra HD||Use CT3Tweaks.|
|Field of view (FOV)||Use CT3Tweaks.|
|Windowed||Use dgVoodoo 2 or D3DWindower.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Use dgVoodoo 2.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Use dgVoodoo 2.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Use dgVoodoo 2.|
|60 FPS||Use CT3Tweaks.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Does not support mapping to analog triggers.|
|Controller remapping||Does not support remapping movement from analog stick or assigning multiple buttons to a single input.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Music, SE, Voice|
|Mute on focus lost|
- Extract the music files into
<path-to-game>\Media\Musicto restore the Xbox soundtrack.
|Spanish||FX Interactive release|
Game Stutters on switching music files during gameplay
- Since the same tracks play in the same looping order every time and the game has no problem playing long music files, the initial tracks can be appended with the others until they are longer than a play session to ensure the stutter doesn't happen. The tracks that play (looping) ingame are:
- m03.ogg to m04.ogg to m05.ogg for West Coast
- m08.ogg to m09.ogg to m10.ogg for Glitter Oasis
- m13.ogg to m14.ogg to m15.ogg for Small Apple
|Operating system (OS)||98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||500 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 3
ATI Radeon 8500
64 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0 compatible
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX compatible|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16