Cars Mater-National Championship
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Digital||Disney Interactive Studios|
|Windows||October 29, 2007|
|Subseries of Pixar|
|Cars: Radiator Springs Adventures||2006|
|Cars Mater-National Championship||2007|
|The World of Cars Online||2008|
|Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales||2010|
- Port of the Xbox 360 version. PC version does not include the graphical improvements from the PlayStation 3 release, but there is a mod to replace the Xbox 360 graphics for the PlayStation 3 graphics. See Cars: Mater-National - PCS3 Edition.
- The game is not optimized for keyboard controls nor game controllers. See Input settings.
Skip intro videos
|Use intro fix|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/332260/pfx/[Note 1]|
|Widescreen resolution||Requires modding. See Widescreen resolution.|
|Multi-monitor||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See Widescreen resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Textures blur at an awfully close distance, especially the road. Forcing it through the graphics card control panel is necessary for much better visuals.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||MSAA, toggle only.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Off by default. Can be forced through the graphics card control panel.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||It's a harmless issue, but playing the game above 30 FPS makes monster truck Mater's tow sway much less, making it look stiffer.
No frame rate cap.
|Field of view fix|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Acceleration is always on for steering. For example, holding a steering key makes the car steer from slowly to steering all the way, which makes driving more difficult.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||The analogue sticks and triggers are registered as digital input rather than analogue, which is a big problem when steering. For example, pushing the left stick slightly to the right makes the car steer all the way to the right. Add that with steering acceleration that's always on, and playing with the controller is rather unplayable.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Music, Effects, Dialogue|
|Mute on focus lost|
- Mod for Cars: Mater-National Championship that aims to combine the best elements of Cars, Cars Mater-National Championship, and Cars Race-O-Rama into one complete package.
- Mod for Cars: Mater-National Championship that aims to port the PS3 version of the game to the PC.
- This mod includes an exclusive paintjob that is Lightning McQueen's original paintjob from the first film and first game.
|Operating system (OS)||2000||XP, Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 1600+
|Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| ATI Radeon 8500 |
64 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
|Nvidia GeForce 4
ATI Radeon 9800
128 MB of VRAM
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/332260/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (332260) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.