Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Gathering of Developers|
|Windows||October 3, 2000|
|Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr||2000|
|Blair Witch Volume 2: The Legend of Coffin Rock||2000|
|Blair Witch Volume 3: The Elly Kedward Tale||2000|
- Even though it is called Blair Witch this game is also a sequel to Nocturne, set a year before the events in Epilogue.
- Nocturne Editor is available for download here. This game uses a newer version of the engine, so not all features work.
|Retail||Simple disc check.|
- This game is not available digitally.
- Can be used to force higher resolutions, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.
- Bilinear blit stretch makes the pre-rendered backgrounds less pixelated on higher resolutions.
|Increasing HUD and subtitle size using dgVoodoo 2|
Level of detail
- Blair Witch Volume 1 Rustin Parr - LOD modification disables LOD switching and makes the game use the highest quality 3D models for all the characters and enemies all the time.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||In software mode resolutions up to 640x480 are available, in hardware mode up to 1280x960. Menus remain 640x480. See dgVoodoo 2 for higher resolutions. In widescreen resolutions the game is stretched.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Use dgVoodoo 2. In DirectX tab under Behavior disable Application controlled windows/fullscreen state and Disable Alt-Enter to toggle screen state, then in game press Alt+↵ Enter.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Force using dgVoodoo 2.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Use dgVoodoo 2 to force MSAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enabled by default in hardware mode, but only during gameplay. Force using dgVoodoo 2 to enable it in the menus too.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Framerate is uncapped only in software mode, but causes clothes physics to speed up.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus||Only some secondary menus accept mouse input.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Sound effects, dialogue and music.|
|Mute on focus lost|
System RAM and swap disk space warning
- When launching the game two warning messages are displayed about 0.0MB of system RAM and 0.0MB of free swap disk space. These can be ignored or the game can be run in Windows 98 compatibility mode to avoid these messages from appearing.
|Turning on Windows 98 compatibility mode|
|Operating system (OS)||98, NT 4.0, 2000|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 2, Celeron (233 MHz)||Intel Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB (96 MB for hardware acceleration)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||850 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Matrox G200/G400, ATI Rage 128, or TnT/TnT2 |
DirectX 6.1 compatible
|DirectX 7 compatible|
- Verified by User:Antrad on January 30, 2018
- Information taken from the game manual.