Blair Witch Volume 3: The Elly Kedward Tale
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Gathering of Developers|
|Windows||November 21, 2000|
|Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr||2000|
|Blair Witch Volume 2: The Legend of Coffin Rock||2000|
|Blair Witch Volume 3: The Elly Kedward Tale||2000|
- Nocturne Editor is available for download here. This game uses a newer version of the engine, so not all features work.
- This game is not available digitally.
- DDrawCompat by narzoul is essential for the game to render properly in modern systems.
- Limits the framerate to 60fps both in Hardware and Software mode to prevent issues. Also fixes the Main menu running too fast.
- Allows for running in high resolutions without shrinking HUD or Menus, similar to Peixoto's Patch and dgvoodoo.
- Fixes System RAM and swap disk space warning error and crashing on startup.
# Limits the framerate to 60fps. 30fps is recommended. FpsLimiter = msgloop(60) # Resolution Scaing options. This allows you to increase the resolution without # shrinking the HUD or Menus. Both of the below lines are necessary for this to work properly # Select 640x480 in-game first. But not below that as it will reduce the quality of the pre-rendered backgrounds. # If you wish to play in the native in-game resolutions or Software mode. add a # before the two lines below. ResolutionScale = display(1) ResolutionScaleFilter = bilinear # DEBUG. Only modify and uncomment (remove the # before the line) the below lines if facing issues. # BltFilter = bilinear # TextureFilter = app # CpuAffinity = 1 # WinVersionLie = 98 # FullscreenMode = borderless # LogLevel = none # DesktopColorDepth = initial # DisplayFilter = bilinear(0) # DisplayRefreshRate = app # DisplayResolution = desktop # DpiAwareness = permonitor
- Can be used to force higher resolutions, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.
- Bilinear blit stretch makes the pre-rendered backgrounds less pixelated on higher resolutions.
|Increasing HUD and subtitle size|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||In software mode resolutions up to 640x480 are available, in hardware mode up to 1280x960. Menus remain 640x480. See DDrawCompat for higher resolutions.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Use dgVoodoo 2. In DirectX tab under Behavior disable Application controlled windows/fullscreen state and Disable Alt-Enter to toggle screen state, then in game press Alt+↵ Enter.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use DDrawCompat.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Force using DDrawCompat.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Use dgVoodoo 2 to force MSAA. Not recommended as it can break graphics.|
|High-fidelity upscaling||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enabled by default in hardware mode, but only during gameplay. Force using DDrawCompat to enable it in the menus too.|
|60 FPS||Cloth physics are slightly sped up, as the logic is tied to framerate.|
|120+ FPS||Framerate is uncapped only in software mode, but causes clothes physics to speed up and spaz out.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus||Only some secondary menus accept mouse input.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|Separate volume controls||Sound effects, dialogue and music.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
|Polish||Local retail only.|
User created profile, requires DGVoodoo2 v 2.6, see profile introdution.
- The music in most menus is crackling, while it plays correctly in some sub-menus (for example, when configuring keys).
Missing legs on NPCs
- Female characters with long skirts have no legs.
System RAM and swap disk space warning
- When launching the game two warning messages are displayed about 0.0MB of system RAM and 0.0MB of free swap disk space. These can be ignored or the game can be run in Windows 98 compatibility mode to avoid these messages from appearing.
|Turning on Windows 98 compatibility mode|
High frame rate issues
- The physics are linked to framerate, so playing at high FPS can cause problems.
|Limit the Framerate to 60FPS|
|Vsync (Enabled by default)|
Menu runs too fast
- The animations of menu are linked to framerate, so playing at high FPS can cause problems.
|Operating system (OS)||98, NT 4.0, 2000|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 2, Celeron||Intel Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB (96 MB for hardware acceleration)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||850 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||Matrox G200/G400, ATI Rage 128, or TnT/TnT2 |
DirectX 7 compatible