BlackSite: Area 51
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Midway Studios Austin|
|Unreal Engine 3|
|Windows||November 12, 2007|
|Area 51 (2005)||2005|
|BlackSite: Area 51||2007|
- Game was released as BlackSite outside the U.S.
- This game is not available digitally.
- Install the latest patch (v1.2).
Configuration file(s) location
Screen.inionly contains screen resolution and option to start in window or fullscreen mode. Other settings are encrypted inside other files.
Save game data location
|Multi-monitor||Image is Vert- and FOV will need to be increased to compensate. See Field of View.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Image is Vert- and FOV will need to be increased to compensate. See Field of View.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of View. Default is 75°.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Run in windowed mode and use Borderless Gaming.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Up to 16x.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Available in the options menu, but doesn't do anything. Force in the graphics card control panel.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Game can be played in windowed mode which enables double buffering in modern Windows and prevents screen tearing, but the framerate won't be capped.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||No frame rate or refresh rate cap. High frame rates may break NPC scripting during scripted events.|
Field of View
- FOV can be edited in Coalesced.ini, however this involves editing multiple entries. Comprehensively edited files for Hor+ gameplay in various different resolutions can be downloaded from the game's WSGF.com entry.
- The files provided on WSGF.com give an FOV that is about 7° wider than a true 1:1 Hor+ increase from a base 4:3 image. Also, these files increase the FOV based on the default 75° at a 4:3 aspect ratio, however the game is designed around 75° FOV at a 16:9 aspect ratio, as indicated by the cutscenes which have a fixed FOV.
|Download a comprehensively edited Coalesced.ini from wsgf.com|
- Motion blur, light bloom and color correction can be disabled by deleting or renaming an external file.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Disabled by default.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Music, sound effects and dialogue|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Hungarian||Available to download.|
User created game profile. Requires important settings to work properly, see vorpx forum profile introduction.
|Shader Model support||3|
Dynamic shadow rendering bug
- Dynamic shadows of certain characters and objects are rendered incorrectly.
- Turning off dynamic shadows in video settings isn't an improvement, because it also turns off light in outdoor areas.
Game freezes when changing video settings
- It can sometimes happen that the game freezes when changing dynamic light, anti-aliasing or filtering mode in the video settings menu.
|Delete the settings file|
|Operating system (OS)||XP, Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
AMD Athlon 64 4000+
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||15 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 256 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
Shader model 3.0 support
- Verified by User:Antrad on November 28, 2017