American Conquest: Fight Back
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|GSC Game World|
|cdv Software Entertainment|
|Windows||August 29, 2003|
|American Conquest: Fight Back||2003|
|American Conquest: Divided Nation||2006|
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Cossacks World forum - For American Conquest
- The Hawks' Forum
|Retail||SafeDisc v2 DRM[Note 1].|
|GOG.com||Also includes the original American Conquest.|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
Mods and maps
- This is a mod which attempts to recreate vast Napoleon's conquests in its full glory including:
- Battles (Trafalgar, Austerlitz, Waterloo...)
- Factions (Poland, Austria, Prussia amongst existing ones)
- Units (Grenadiers, skirmishers, heavy cavalry, hussars, lancers...)
- The only thing which currently doesn't work is Random Map AI (except somewhat for France)
- If you're interested in this mod, be sure to check out the beginners' guide.
- To be able to play both unmodded and modded game, make a copy of the installation folder.
- If you want to host games, it is advisable to forward your ports (see Ports).
Skip intro videos
|Skip intro videos|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/115220/pfx/[Note 2]|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Spanish||Retail version, download.|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|TCP||2300-2400, 6667, 47624|
|UDP||80, 3783, 27900, 28900, 29900-29901, 13139, 2300-2400, 34000-34005, 16000|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
Retail version not working on Windows 8 and later
- The retail version doesn't work properly on Windows 8 and later. Digital versions do not have this problem (see Availability).
- The game functions properly if run in a virtual machine, provided the DRM is bypassed.
Game running too fast
|Running too fast|
- See Rainbow color problems in older games for solutions.
Game doesn't start
|Game doesn't start|
0% progress in LAN
- This sometimes happens on Windows XP when with 3 or more players on LAN. Note that this is a workaround for this and not an actual fix.
|LAN loading time|
Mouse doesn't work
- This kind of issue manifests itself on laptops using Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs, and Nvidia GPUs through Optimus technology. A workaround is possible, though not guaranteed to work.
|Mouse doesn't work|
|Operating system (OS)||XP or newer|
|Processor (CPU)||1.4 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||3.5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 64 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/115220/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (115220) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Mastersofthefield • View topic - Hosting Through a Router: Port Forwarding (revised)