American Conquest: Fight Back
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|GSC Game World|
|cdv Software Entertainment|
|Windows||August 29, 2003|
|American Conquest: Fight Back||2003|
|American Conquest: Divided Nation||2006|
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Cossacks World forum - For American Conquest
- The Hawks' Forum
|Retail||SafeDisc v2 DRM[Note 1].|
|GOG.com||Also includes the original American Conquest.|
Mods and maps
- This is a mod which attempts to recreate vast Napoleon's conquests in its full glory including:
- Battles (Trafalgar, Austerlitz, Waterloo...)
- Factions (Poland, Austria, Prussia amongst existing ones)
- Units (Grenadiers, skirmishers, heavy cavalry, hussars, lancers...)
- The only thing which currently doesn't work is Random Map AI (except somewhat for France)
- If you're interested in this mod, be sure to check out the beginners' guide.
- To be able to play both unmodded and modded game, make a copy of the installation folder.
- If you want to host games, it is advisable to forward your ports (see Ports).
Skip intro videos
|Skip intro videos|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/115220/pfx/[Note 2]|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|German||Retail only; download for digital releases.|
|Spanish||Retail version; download for digital releases.|
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
|TCP||2300-2400, 6667, 47624|
|UDP||80, 3783, 27900, 28900, 29900-29901, 13139, 2300-2400, 34000-34005, 16000|
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support status is unknown.
Retail version not working on Windows 8 and later
- The retail version doesn't work properly on Windows 8 and later. Digital versions do not have this problem (see Availability).
- The game functions properly if run in a virtual machine, provided the DRM is bypassed.
Game running too fast
|Running too fast|
- See Rainbow color problems in older games for solutions.
Game doesn't start
|Game doesn't start|
0% progress in LAN
- This sometimes happens on Windows XP when with 3 or more players on LAN. Note that this is a workaround for this and not an actual fix.
|LAN loading time|
Mouse doesn't work
- This kind of issue manifests itself on laptops using Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs, and Nvidia GPUs through Optimus technology. A workaround is possible, though not guaranteed to work.
|Mouse doesn't work|
|Operating system (OS)||98||2000, ME, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 450 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB||256 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1.5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 8 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 8.1 compatible
|Other||12x CD-ROM drive|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 or Windows 11 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/115220/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (115220) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Mastersofthefield • View topic - Hosting Through a Router: Port Forwarding (revised)