From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|GSC Game World|
|cdv Software Entertainment|
|Windows||November 15, 2002|
|American Conquest: Fight Back||2003|
|American Conquest: Divided Nation||2006|
- American Conquest: Fight Back is needed to use mods.
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Cossacks World forum - For American Conquest
- The Hawks' Forum
|Retail||SafeDisc v2 DRM[Note 1], Key for online-play.|
|GOG.com||Includes American Conquest: Fight Back.|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- Singleplayer and multiplayer demo are both available.
Skip intro videos
|Skip intro videos|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/115210/pfx/[Note 2]|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Spanish||Retail version, download.|
Retail version not working on Windows 8 and later
- The retail version doesn't work properly on Windows 8 and later. Digital versions do not have this problem (see Availability).
Game running too fast
|Running too fast|
- See Rainbow color problems in older games for solutions.
Game doesn't start
|Game doesn't start|
0% progress in LAN
|LAN loading time|
Mouse doesn't work
|Mouse doesn't work|
- An attempt to improve AI in the game for England, France, Spain, USA, Maya and Iroquois. The main work is on larger city with higher population for a more satisfied battle after a long peacetime. It is only for land battle - the water AI was untouched.
- May break AI in multiplayer games.
|Operating system (OS)||98||2000, ME, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 450 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1.3 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 8 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 8.1 compatible
|Other||12x CD-ROM drive|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/115210/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (115210) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Using American Conquest on Windows8!!! • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)
- GOG.com Forums - What to do when the game runs too fast
- The New and Improved Way to Control Game Speed! • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)
- Another way to control Game Speed • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)
- American Conquest - Solutions if the game doesn't start. • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)