From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|GSC Game World|
|cdv Software Entertainment|
|Windows||November 15, 2002|
|American Conquest: Fight Back||2003|
|American Conquest: Divided Nation||2006|
- American Conquest: Fight Back is needed to use mods.
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Cossacks World forum - For American Conquest
- The Hawks' Forum
|Retail||SafeDisc v2 DRM[Note 1], key for online-play.|
|GOG.com||Includes American Conquest: Fight Back.|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- Singleplayer and multiplayer demo are both available.
Skip intro videos
|Skip intro videos|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/115210/pfx/[Note 2]|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|German||Retail only; download for digital releases.|
|Spanish||Retail only; download for digital releases.|
Retail version not working on Windows 8 and later
- The retail version doesn't work properly on Windows 8 and later. Digital versions do not have this problem (see Availability).
Game running too fast
|Running too fast|
- See Rainbow color problems in older games for solutions.
Game doesn't start
|Game doesn't start|
0% progress in LAN
|LAN loading time|
Mouse doesn't work
|Mouse doesn't work|
- An attempt to improve AI in the game for England, France, Spain, USA, Maya and Iroquois. The main work is on larger city with higher population for a more satisfied battle after a long peacetime. It is only for land battle - the water AI was untouched.
- May break AI in multiplayer games.
|Operating system (OS)||98||2000, ME, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 450 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1.3 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 8 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 8.1 compatible
|Other||12x CD-ROM drive|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 or Windows 11 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/115210/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (115210) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Using American Conquest on Windows8!!! • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)
- GOG.com Forums - What to do when the game runs too fast
- The New and Improved Way to Control Game Speed! • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)
- Another way to control Game Speed • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)
- American Conquest - Solutions if the game doesn't start. • Mastersofthefield (retrieved)