Vietnam 2: Special Assignment
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Single Cell Software|
|Vietnam: Black Ops||2000|
|Vietnam 2: Special Assignment||2001|
- This game was released as Vietnam 2: Special Assignment, but in the actual game it is called Vietnam 2: Black Ops Special Assignment or Vietnam: Black Ops 2.
- Latest patch is version 1.01 available here. It fixes issues with saving and loading the game.
- dgVoodoo 2 fixes rendering issues (black main menu screen) and can be used to remove the 2048x2048 resolution limit (verified working on version 2.54).
- With dgVoodoo 2 the intro videos will not render. When changing the display settings in the game the mouse cursor may disappear, but the menus can still be navigated using the keyboard.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Force in the GPU control panel or use dgVoodoo 2.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Force in the GPU control panel or use dgVoodoo 2.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enabled by default, no option to disable.|
- Only 4:3 resolutions are available in the options menu. Widescreen resolutions can be set manually in the config file, but the game is stretched. Menus remain 640x480, HUD is not scaled. HUD can be scaled using dgVoodoo 2.
- Because of DirectX resolution limit the game will not run at resolutions larger than 2048x2048, use dgVoodoo 2 to remove the limit.
|Setting screen resolution manually|
- With default values the crosshair is very transparent and is often hard to see.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Sound effects and background sounds.|
|Mute on focus lost|
Rendering glitches and missing objects
- Random objects (barrels, torches, ammunition) in some levels are not loaded at all, while in others they are just not being rendered (player can still collide with them). This is most noticeable in the first level.
- Probably because of bad culling some plants and trees may randomly appear and disappear in the first level. The terrain may occasionally flicker in white color in the same level.
- Background terrain in levels The River Of Death and The Showdown may not render.
- Some objects and plants can be found colored in bright red, blue or green color.
- The light maps get glitched in the second part of level The River Of Death.
|Audio||Miles Sound System|
|Operating system (OS)||95, 98, ME|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II (300 MHz)|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||250 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 8 MB of VRAM
DirectX 8 compatible
- Verified by User:Antrad on December 27, 2017
- Information taken from the back of game CD box.